Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Sally
    • By MSE Sally 6th Mar 17, 4:10 PM
    • 70Posts
    • 27Thanks
    MSE Sally
    0 WOW
    Cheap airport lounge access
    • 6th Mar 17, 4:10 PM
    0 WOW
    Cheap airport lounge access 6th Mar 17 at 4:10 PM

Hi folks

We've written a new Cheap Airport Lounge Access guide and would love your feedback on your top lounges as well as any other tips you've got to get in free or cheaply. The lounges to avoid would also be helpful!

Thank you

MSE Sally
Page 6
    • ah23
    • By ah23 22nd Dec 17, 8:25 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    ah23
    What's the Escape Lounge in Manchester's Terminal 1 like? I can't seem to find any breakfast/hot food menus. Thanks.
    Last edited by ah23; 22-12-2017 at 8:31 PM.
    • sarahex1
    • By sarahex1 1st Jan 18, 6:17 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sarahex1
    ? £12 Airport Lounge Pass
    Did anybody find this on the newsletter e mail? I couldn't find the £12 access anywhere!
    • Yorkshire Yankee
    • By Yorkshire Yankee 2nd Jan 18, 1:53 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Yorkshire Yankee
    £12 Airport Lounge Pass – expired?
    Me too! Have looked carefully for the link to the "blagged code" for £12 access to airport lounges, but haven't spotted it – thought there might be something about it here...

Looking at some previous posts, I'm guessing there was a link at some point, but that the offer has expired so the link has been removed.

I'm a Yank who lives in Yorkshire (just in case you were wondering...)

• Annabelle_
    • By Annabelle_ 3rd Jan 18, 8:20 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Annabelle_
    Any Manchester T2 deals?
    Flying in 10 days so wondered if anyone knew of any deals for lounge passes in Manchester Airport Terminal 2.

Cheapest I can find is Lounge Pass at £20 pp and a possible 10% cashback with Quidco but last time they did not pay out
    • bhaisab
    • By bhaisab 4th Jan 18, 4:36 PM
    • 231 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    bhaisab
    Flying in 10 days so wondered if anyone knew of any deals for lounge passes in Manchester Airport Terminal 2.

Cheapest I can find is Lounge Pass at £20 pp and a possible 10% cashback with Quidco but last time they did not pay out
    Originally posted by Annabelle_
    https://thetelegraph.dragonpassuk.com

Use code: TELEDP16 or TELEDP17

Each one is £18, not as good as £12 mentioned above
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 4th Jan 18, 11:45 PM
    • 14,136 Posts
    • 18,724 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    I!!!8217;d be wary about buying a Dragonpass voucher for Manchester unless you can pre-book the lounge for the date and time that you need. I have read many moans about the lounges being full and unavailable to travellers turning up without having booked beforehand.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 5th Jan 18, 7:51 AM
    • 8,318 Posts
    • 10,656 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    I’d be wary about buying a Dragonpass voucher for Manchester unless you can pre-book the lounge for the date and time that you need. I have read many moans about the lounges being full and unavailable to travellers turning up without having booked beforehand.
    Originally posted by Gloomendoom
    I think Escape in T3 is the biggest culprit.

The shunted me into the 1906 lounge for an extra £12.50 each. I paid without flinching. Not because of the improved quality, but because I was trying to impress a blonde companion.
    • millerose
    • By millerose 19th Jan 18, 2:55 PM
    • 766 Posts
    • 513 Thanks
    millerose
    Hi Guys,

Groupon have an offer on at the moment for 50% off airport lounge passes. Is it any good?

We are a family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 kids (aged 11 and 13) The 13yr old is classed as an adult I know.

Seems the standard membership is £69 so it would be £35 with first visit free right? then £15 per person per visit next time you visit a lounge?

am i right in thinking that its just a show up and gain entry thing? no guarantee of entry if full as you cannot book?

Ill be flying from East Midlands airport. Cheapest quote I have had is £71 for us all on one bookable visit.
    • richardw
    • By richardw 19th Jan 18, 4:28 PM
    • 18,612 Posts
    • 7,708 Thanks
    richardw
    Are you sure your children would enjoy it or would a lounge get a capital B for #Boring?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • millerose
    • By millerose 19th Jan 18, 4:51 PM
    • 766 Posts
    • 513 Thanks
    millerose
    Are you sure your children would enjoy it or would a lounge get a capital B for #Boring?
    Originally posted by richardw
    I'm not sure now you mention it, if they'd like it? Its our first time flying and we don't know the airport very well. We are wanting to eat and drink before our flight and sit in comfort. The kids would appreciate the wifi. An average meal in a restaurant would cost us around £60 so I thought why not try the lounge as its food and drink included and takes a bit of the stress out of it. The kids can they pick up what they want food and drink wise?
    • richardw
    • By richardw 19th Jan 18, 8:59 PM
    • 18,612 Posts
    • 7,708 Thanks
    richardw
    Gets good reviews https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k8628765-East_Midlands_Airport_Escape_Lounge-Air_Travel.html
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 21st Jan 18, 2:05 AM
    • 38,612 Posts
    • 35,334 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    Ill be flying from East Midlands airport. Cheapest quote I have had is £71 for us all on one bookable visit.
    Originally posted by millerose
    This may sound like a daft question, but how big is E Midlands? We usually fly from Bristol and I'm not sure I'd bother with a lounge there because it's not a huge place and yes, it can be crowded but we've never failed to get a seat.

At a larger airport I might consider it, just so I had somewhere to be to avoid getting lost ...

What I do sometimes pay for quite happily is the Express lane in security. Usually pre-book, sign up for the airport's emails and get a discount code, or use TopCashBack for some cashback. We have occasionally been in some horrific queues, where they've been calling people forward for particular flights. And now, if I was flying with SMALL children I'd almost certainly do it. My older two were OK with queuing once they could read, they'd just stick their noses in their books and you'd barely know they were there, but I think the youngest would have been a PITA.
    Still knitting!
    Completed: 1 adult cardigan, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees,
    1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 2 hats 2 balaclavas for seamen, 1 balaclava for myself ...
    Current projects: Poppies, mohair cardigan pattern arrived and going strong!
    • slewis1972
    • By slewis1972 1st Feb 18, 9:27 AM
    • 232 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    slewis1972
    Hi all

Just got accepted for the amex card. How soon does the lounge pass arrive? fancy using it on 14th march
    • yaddayadda
    • By yaddayadda 25th Feb 18, 4:39 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    yaddayadda
    Hi all

Just got accepted for the amex card. How soon does the lounge pass arrive? fancy using it on 14th march
    Originally posted by slewis1972
    Be interested to know how long the two free passes took, if you can update? Can you use the passes to book ahead online?
    • chickenboy
    • By chickenboy 7th Mar 18, 12:51 AM
    • 73 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    chickenboy
    UK DragonPass dropping lounges
    Has anyone else noticed that the UK Dragonpass resellers - e.g. Barclays, GourmetClub etc have just dropped a load of lounges, e.g. look the main (chinese) dragonpass site and you'll find LA and Auckland lounges, but check any of the UK resellers and they are not there anymore (Auckland and LA were definitely there 2 months ago!)..., e.g.
    thetelegraph.dragonpassuk.com

So DragonPass is out, LoungeKey is poor, I have LoungeClub (via amex) which does LA but not Auckland anymore....

I'm looking at Diners Club currently... any other suggestions
    Last edited by chickenboy; 07-03-2018 at 12:58 AM.
    • chickenboy
    • By chickenboy 7th Mar 18, 1:05 AM
    • 73 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    chickenboy
    Be interested to know how long the two free passes took, if you can update? Can you use the passes to book ahead online?
    Originally posted by yaddayadda
    The 2 free passes are actually 2 free per year, after that its £15 per visit, and you cannot book in advance.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 7th Mar 18, 6:32 AM
    • 12,198 Posts
    • 8,247 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Hi all

Originally posted by slewis1972
    From experience, it's usually about 2 weeks.
    • gandalftheking
    • By gandalftheking 10th Mar 18, 8:56 AM
    • 239 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    gandalftheking
    No1 Deals?
    Just wondering if there any deals for next month for No1 at North Terminal Gatwick? Thanks
    • stevenhp1987
    • By stevenhp1987 10th Mar 18, 10:40 AM
    • 644 Posts
    • 519 Thanks
    stevenhp1987
    Just wondering if there any deals for next month for No1 at North Terminal Gatwick? Thanks
    Originally posted by gandalftheking
    Have you signed up here: https://www.gatwickairport.com/mygatwick/

Usually does 25% off.

Alternatively: https://no1lounges.com/VirginAtlanticFlyingClub

That gets you £12 entry to MyLounge, £25 to No1Lounge or £35 to Clubrooms with flying club miles (200, 350 & 400 respectively)
    • mad_cash_cow
    • By mad_cash_cow 10th Mar 18, 9:41 PM
    • 62 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    mad_cash_cow
    Anyone been to the Stansted Escape Lounge? I'm thinking that it would give very elderly parents a more restful wait.
    The cow is of the bovine ilk,
    One end is moo, the other milk.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

93Posts Today

1,457Users online

Martin's Twitter