PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 6th March 2017

Options

Comments

• Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh dear ATB, poor DS; let's hope you both get a nap later on.

Well done on saying no to volunteering job Fayolle - sometimes you have to just say no even though it's hard but it's really important not to take on too much.

Z missed the bus today and they're doing a school trip to Bristol Crown Court so muggins took her in and whilst I was out there was popped into L*dl and did some food shopping so that's all put away now.

I'm debating whether to call the Revenue to see if I can get some extra help - J now been unemployed 10 months and we're managing on what he has in his bank and the bit of money I earn. I don't know if I'd be eligible for working tax credit as I do work from home and probably do over 17 hours worth in a week.

Next job after checking stuff out online is to drag this Whippet off my lap and get a load in the WM and put away yesterday's dry stuff and then head off upstairs with my list. No typing work in yet but it's always quiet at the beginning of the week and then builds up.
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    lynnejk wrote: »

So sad about the HFE incident all these years later. My DH was booked on there but he was early and caught the one before. So lucky eh.

I went on a school trip to Germany shortly after, same ferry crossing. Actually same name of boat too, just a different number. We were all pretty scared tbh. Very sobering seeing it capsized just outside the port :(

So by 8am this morning I'd already sewn up some trousers and pulled out a very wobbly tooth... Kiddies away to school, washer going, and I'll have a bash at those bathrooms! Glorious sun again here - bit chilly so far but I think an hour or two and I'll be able to evict the piggies out onto the lawn...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry only just found the thread
    I'll try and be in thanks for the lists Valli and natty
    Hugs, coping and get well vibes to all who need/want them.
    Better go and try to catch up.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Sorry I didn't report in, got most of yesterday done but carried some over today as got distracted by internet searching raspberry canes. No excuse and exactly why I am where I am with lack of routined housework.

Anyway, I did a big scrub out of my bathroom on Sunday so will S&S (?) it and complete bedroom so hopefully then will have caught up. :)

Thanks for the list - I will do better!
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Been MIA for the last week or so - too many things in RL going on so just been firefighting!
    Back on the wagon this week and just about to start the bathrooms and bedrooms after sorting out my PC which has taken about 2 hours!! Grrrr.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Despite looking utterly exhausted DS is refusing to nap. So whilst he watches a film, I have:

- Washed his bedding, which is now on the line
    - Polished all of the bedrooms
    - Vaccuumed upstairs
    - S&S the toilets
    - One load through TD
    - Cleared everyone's floordrobes
    - Swept and relaid the fire
    - Sent a couple of work emails for DH

Cuppa time now xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995 Forumite
    Options
    Back to say I have cleaned my room! Ha! But actually cleaned the windows which is so nice - can't reach the second half of the outside window on the one that opens though. Its double glazing but so old I don't know if any of the buttons are to stretch it out or take it off so too nervous to do. Any tips for getting to that part of the window other than a ladder?
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Grrrrr. Got back last night (after hr delay waiting for AA to spend 2secs whacking my brake with a hammer) to find a weeks worth of washing up on the side, a full dirty dishwasher, an overflowing washing basket and two pints of sour milk in the fridge. I am NOT happy.

Grump.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Am I allowed to kill someone who takes their muddy boots off on my just-vacuumed Chinese rug?? :mad:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh LW you can tell them off :) no killing is allowed

Dinner done
    Rubbish is out
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors