Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Messed_Up_Kelly
    • By Messed_Up_Kelly 2nd Mar 17, 6:24 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Messed_Up_Kelly
    Tribunal Appeal Refused
    • 2nd Mar 17, 6:24 PM
    Tribunal Appeal Refused 2nd Mar 17 at 6:24 PM
    I wanted to share my experiences as I had found helpful advice on this and other forums.

Tribunal appeal refused, a total of 2 points awarded for Daily Living, 'Washing and Bathing.'

I wanted to share my experiences as someone who has endured complex mental health difficulties for a number of years and who also has some physical health problems.

First off, I had a DWP Representative present, they were there to ensure my secret recording of my ATOS Assessment was not used as evidence, they said nothing else other than something in the beginning about not agreeing with using this evidence as I did not have permission to make a recording. I never expect it to be used, I was aware always as per Tribunal papers it was at the discretion of the judge and this I accept.

My ATOS Assessment was flawed, the person assessing me was unprofessional, using language unsuitable and despite a complaint with ATOS, they deemed they did no wrong. They did ask me to provide a recording for them to investigate further, which I sent signed for, it was signed for by ATOS the next day, but they have never responded.

I was an emotional wreck at my Tribunal, having to attend alone. I couldn't get any representation and had no friends or family who could attend with me.

I am certain points were still missing from 'Engaging with Others Face to Face' as whilst I engaged today in person and answered questions I spent the majority of the time crying and shaking due to my emotional state of mind. So even though I experienced overwhelming psychological distress, I got 0 points.

I have no doubt not having someone to support me, did not help. However, there was endless paper evidence.

I admit I am somewhat taken aback as I expected the Standard Rate of Daily Living, if not the same for Mobility.

Of course they can only use evidence from before the decision date, so cannot take into account my recent breakdown and referral back to mental health services or the self neglect / self harm and new medications prescribed.

I am tempted to upload the recording to YouTube as I cannot be identified by it, so others can judge for themselves if my assessment was flawed. I do not care about the legal implications of doing this.

I know what I am feeling now, but I am desperately trying to not react to this, trying not to OD or think of self-harming, but I feel so, so, I just don't know what I feel apart from very alone.

I apologise if none of this makes sense, I just needed to write something.
    Last edited by Messed_Up_Kelly; 02-03-2017 at 6:28 PM.
Page 2
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 4th Mar 17, 12:23 AM
    • 10,633 Posts
    • 20,147 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    Who told you you can't access the crisis team if you're not under CMHT? Obviously it varies by area, but I've never heard of the crisis team only being available to those under CMHT, in fact when I tried to access my crisis team I was told I shouldn't have because I was under CMHT.
    Originally posted by Ames
    Same in this area- you can only access crisis team if under CMHT. I begged for a referral for ages because of the amount of crises I was having OOH and my idiot GP (who still insists I only have slight anxiety despite the fact I now have a diagnosis of BPD- from a psychiatrist) said 'we don't refer for slight anxiety' it was only when I presented for an emergency appointment acutely distressed and having freshly self harmed I got referred. It's the same reason OH is being kept under the CMHT- because his psychiatrist knows that if he kicks off he needs crisis intervention and there's no way of getting him to A&E as I'm too physically and mentally unwell to handle him.
    Very proud to be Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit Graduate! MA English dissertation- Complete! Now the waiting starts...
    Strictly 2018 Go Mr R! #teamLee
    Miss you JV and TW
    Sponsor and season ticket holder for 2018/2019!
    Elle
    • Messed_Up_Kelly
    • By Messed_Up_Kelly 4th Mar 17, 8:43 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Messed_Up_Kelly
    Same in this area- you can only access crisis team if under CMHT. I begged for a referral for ages because of the amount of crises I was having OOH and my idiot GP (who still insists I only have slight anxiety despite the fact I now have a diagnosis of BPD- from a psychiatrist) said 'we don't refer for slight anxiety' it was only when I presented for an emergency appointment acutely distressed and having freshly self harmed I got referred. It's the same reason OH is being kept under the CMHT- because his psychiatrist knows that if he kicks off he needs crisis intervention and there's no way of getting him to A&E as I'm too physically and mentally unwell to handle him.
    Originally posted by Mrs_Ryan
    Thanks Mrs Ryan. I have BPD also along with PTSD, Depression, Anxiety.

The treatment of people with BPD on the NHS is extremely poor although some areas are improving services and therapy options, but the whole help in a crisis is unacceptable. How many times has someone in a BPD crisis been told 'Take a bath to relax!'
    Last edited by Messed_Up_Kelly; 04-03-2017 at 1:47 PM.
    • Mansonfan72
    • By Mansonfan72 7th Aug 18, 10:25 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mansonfan72
    There's ALWAYS one.
    Rockingbilly, what a complete knobhead you are. Kicking people when they are down is pretty pathetic. If you have ever experienced those tribunal hearings then you should know just how degrading, humiliating and shitty they can be for the large majority of people. Idiot.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 7th Aug 18, 10:41 AM
    • 3,123 Posts
    • 3,026 Thanks
    poppy12345
    Did you make your account to comment on a thread that's 17 months old? The person in question doesn't even post on the forums anymore.
    • Ames
    • By Ames 7th Aug 18, 11:26 AM
    • 17,400 Posts
    • 30,655 Thanks
    Ames
    Did you make your account to comment on a thread that's 17 months old? The person in question doesn't even post on the forums anymore.
    Originally posted by poppy12345
    At least, not under that name...
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

380Posts Today

4,432Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin