Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Hi all

Haven't been posting much this week, I'm another suffering with the lurgy and generally feeling miserable with it. Ive turned the corner now so onwards and upwards.

Sorry to hear you were unsuccessful Lantanna, but don't take it personally. Like Chocomonsta says, interviewing is often about points and you were probably pipped at the post. I used to be in HR and more often than not there wasn't a perfect candidate, I often struggled to choose between 2 people but the scoring system we used would favour one over the other. There's still a chance - the person they've offered the job to might let them down and the company can then go back to their shortlist. When you contact them for feedback let them know that you're still keen.

Boo to your office thief Lush, that's so underhand, no wonder you were fizzing.

Great news about the wedding GFB, great to have a target to aim for.

Have a great weekend everyone.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Morning all :A
    WI and lost the half I gained last week, not a lot but I'll take it :D

Had a strange week with young man, he has been 'nearly' perfect ALL week :eek: I on the other hand have found this more stressful than if he kicks off as I'm still anticipating a melt down all the time :p. Long may it last although he's having a sleep over tonight so apprehensive for Monday :undecided

Anyway it's Saturday so let's forget for now :D

Very wet here today so not much planned.

Have a good weekend all :A
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,571 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    joedenise wrote: »
    Was up before 5 this morning so breakfast was really early and already feeling as though it's lunchtime!
    Denise

:eek:

Glad to hear you're off to your mum's kathrynha. It'll do you good to get out. I think you've coped very well with this week. When do you go back to work? Is DD still head cook and bottle washer?

The silver lining to my cold is that I had very few (for me) syns yesterday as I didn't bother drinking wine that I couldn't taste although I had the syns saved. I still feel like that today but hopefully will feel better by wine o'clock.;) Another plus is I'm drinking loads of hot lemon water so keeping easily within my HEA for milk.

I'm still eating as normal as DH needs to eat and I feel hungry despite not being able to taste anything.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, ham, fried egg, tomatoes, mushrooms, (half) HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: probably lentil and veg soup and may have some mackerel on toast with it
    D: Delia's beef goulash (mushrooms, onion, peppers) with cabbage and hassleback potatoes
    Syns: tbc

Tins of Princes mackerel in sauce were on offer in Sainsbury's yesterday so £1 per tin instead of the usual (I think) £1.40. I love the one in mustard sauce which is free. Most of them are free or very low syn.
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Hi everyone
    So sorry I have been AWOL.
    Not on plan at the moment as I'm just struggling with life in general but I'm hoping to go back to Group next week.
    Love to you all xx
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • Haylaluru
    Haylaluru Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    A shy hello again to everyone. Can I creep back in?

Sorry to Shala for not reporting in for the last 2 weeks.

I blame a crappy rainy weekend (and broken willpower) when both me and my daughter were feeling yucky and I skipped our weekly shop. Result takeaway followed by almost 3 weeks of being off plan and not being able to get back into a routine. My last official weigh in was 11th feb and have been awol since then.
    Back on the scales this morning (doing it from home this time) and am +1.5lbs. Probably deserve to be up more tbh as at one point during my 'freedom' it was +7 :eek:
    But I've somehow managed to put on the brakes on this week and pull it back a bit.

Kathrynha hope everything is going well with your treatment.

Shala can you put me down for 14 lbs for this challenge please.
    2019 Weight Loss Goals
    Goal 1 8.25/10lbs
    Goal 2 8.25/22lbs
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Lantanna, I’m sorry you didn’t get that job. I used to console myself with knowing that I was good at what I did and had proved myself more than capable for a promotion and so whoever got the position must have been really outstanding. Remember how far you got – so many applicants and you made the leet for interview; out of those candidates you got the second interview. Well done, lantanna. Ask for feedback, as kathrynha says, then look to the future not the past.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,571 Forumite
    Good to see you both MrsR and haylaluru.:A
  • Haylaluru
    First Anniversary
    Big Hugs Mrs Ryan
    Life is a swine at times. Hope you find the strength to kick back at it and get on top again soon xxxx
    2019 Weight Loss Goals
    Goal 1 8.25/10lbs
    Goal 2 8.25/22lbs
  • Haylaluru
    First Anniversary
    Thanks maman it feels good to be back x
    2019 Weight Loss Goals
    Goal 1 8.25/10lbs
    Goal 2 8.25/22lbs
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,389 Forumite
    Thanks for all your kind and wise words. Enjoy wine o'clock Maman! Hope you enjoy the trip out Kathryn,

One pound off for me today, was pleased with that. Hopefully get into the next stone bracket before my holiday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure