Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • queenadreena
    • By queenadreena 24th Feb 17, 3:14 PM
    • 30Posts
    • 24Thanks
    queenadreena
    SIP Parking
    • 24th Feb 17, 3:14 PM
    SIP Parking 24th Feb 17 at 3:14 PM
    Hi all

I've read up on the newbie thread so apologies if I've missed anything, but I've had 2 parking tickets from SIP as the Pay by Phone app didn't work - it appeared to register and complete but no text confirming the parking (don't always get them as my reception's pretty poor). As soon as I came back 2 days later I realised and paid for the remaining time the car was parked up. This was Nov 2016.

I've appealed and been ignored. No dismissal of appeal, they're ignoring anything's been sent and saying it's too late to appeal now. I've responded to each notice to pay advising that the app is faulty (I bloody park there every week and pay every week without fail), and have also told them that the parking app is overcharging. If you park before 6pm and use the app to park for 24hrs, it'll round it up to 6pm the next day, stick the relevant hourly charge on top of the 24hrs charge and tells you in black and white that it's at no extra charge. I've used this in my letters to SIP. I've proof I've contacted them as I even sent the letter by email so I could show I'd been in contact.

Would there be any point in contacting the landowner at this stage? (Turns out the landowner is actually the local council, but yet they've engaged SIP to run the sh*t show.....odd)
Page 3
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 24th Nov 17, 10:31 AM
    • 18,035 Posts
    • 28,573 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    It's District Judge Iyer dealing with both cases.
    The modern-day Judge Jeffreys for PPCs.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • queenadreena
    • By queenadreena 12th Feb 18, 11:04 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    queenadreena
    Well, today was the day for the court hearing. I've tried looking online and I can't find anything conclusive. BMPA.eu shows no notes (http://www.bmpa.eu/court.html), so I assume it's either still ongoing or it's not been updated.

I'll be religiously checking every day till I know something!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Feb 18, 11:39 PM
    • 58,576 Posts
    • 72,081 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    The BMPA do not know the outcome yet, but we'd all be grateful to hear from a trusted source.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• queenadreena
    • By queenadreena 12th Mar 18, 11:12 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    queenadreena
    Well, still not heard anything and it's been four weeks. According to the court directions, Gladstones were to have written to court within 7 days of the hearing (so by Feb 19th) for instructions on their next steps.

Can I ask court for the outcome or is it just a waiting game now?
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 12th Mar 18, 11:22 AM
    • 7,569 Posts
    • 10,084 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Well, still not heard anything and it's been four weeks. According to the court directions, Gladstones were to have written to court within 7 days of the hearing (so by Feb 19th) for instructions on their next steps.

Can I ask court for the outcome or is it just a waiting game now?
    Originally posted by queenadreena
    Phone the court, it's your right, get up to date
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • queenadreena
    • By queenadreena 12th Mar 18, 2:14 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    queenadreena
    I've just spoken with Manchester County Court.
    With relation to D1GF2Q7F, it was found that the claimant has authority to take the registered keeper to court. However, DJ Iyer has said that SIP Parking has to request the stay of proceedings to be lifted individually (ie for each case that is currently stayed) and DJ Iyer will consider each case by its own merits before deciding if the case can then go ahead.

Doesn't sound good, does it?
    Last edited by queenadreena; 12-03-2018 at 2:19 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Mar 18, 7:27 PM
    • 58,576 Posts
    • 72,081 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Oooer, not great, especially as DJ Iyer is totally onside against PPC scams.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

742Posts Today

6,792Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This tweet made me reread my 'How to Vote in the EU referendum' guide - quite interesting to realise how little has? https://t.co/lFQaSSqUGj

• Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Follow Martin