Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 274
    • hpmann
    • By hpmann 4th May 18, 12:00 AM
    • 51 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    hpmann
    With just over two months left on my contract, I!!!8217;ve got this from retentions via live chat for £60.90 a month

iPhone X 64GB (£64 upfront)
    60GB Red Entertainment plan

I know I could get better if I shop around, but I!!!8217;m happy enough with the service / coverage
    • planetf1
    • By planetf1 4th May 18, 1:05 PM
    • 353 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    planetf1
    I was surprised to be able to get what I felt was a decent deal in a single call! Perhaps I was just worn down after battling sky and virgin, so let this one go!

40GB/unlimited/unlimited/spotify for £27.40
    Cheaper was virgin (as a customer) at 25 for unlimited, but EE is poor at work and in various places I visit
    Also cheaper was three (22 for 30GB, 27 for unlimited) but similar coverage issues
    Neither included spotify (£10 worth, though with another family member using it my net saving would only be say £5)
    All in all I felt this was not 'amazing' but was fair....

Oh one tip - leave it until 30 days before. I'm sure the offers will be better as you're in your PAC code/no fee window!
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
    • bitofsaving
    • By bitofsaving 4th May 18, 1:44 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    bitofsaving
    I have finally given up on Vodafone, after years of sticking with them. The retention deals I was offered were to pay twice what I pay currently to keep the data allowance I've had with them for the past 3 or 4 years.
    More detail here:
    A couple of years ago when they were losing customers, I managed to haggle a really good deal out of them, increasing my minutes and data to 600min/10GB from a standard contract including 500MB, while keeping the price of £7.50 (monthly SIM-only).
    They announced last October they were going to roll everyone over onto newer contracts, and that my new one would have a 500MB limit, so I got in touch immediately to confirm that I'd keep my extra perks of 10GB data, which they assured me I would. The contract switch was delayed, and delayed again, until March, when all of a sudden I ran out of data! Of course, my 10GB limit disappeared, I was down to 500MB. I had two web chats, where I was assured my higher data allowance would be reinstated, but nothing happened. Today, I ended up on the phone with them, in the retention department. The best they could offer me were 8GB for £14.40 (reg price), or 10GB for £15 (discount), or 20GB for £16 (also discount). My normal usage is around 1-2GB, so I don't really need 10, but I do want at least 2GB. They had nothing on offer under £10 for 2GB+ from the retention team.
    So, I've just ordered a SIM from iD for 4GB at £8. (I don't use a lot of call minutes, so data is what I'm basing my decisions on mostly). We'll see how coverage works out. Last time I shopped around a couple of years ago, vodafone had by far the best coverage in my area. But according to Ofcom, EE and Three are now similarly good, so I'm hoping iD (on Three's network) will do the job.
    • nick16934
    • By nick16934 4th May 18, 4:28 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nick16934
    I phoned Vodafone earlier to enquire how their early upgrade system worked and whether I could get the same prices for an upgrade as somebody would if they were to take out an additional line. Short answer was NO.

So then I asked what they could do as I was after an iPhone 8 and they said they could reduce the line rental by 10%. I asked them if he could waive the fee for the phone (£29) as I more than happy with a 10% reduction but the man said no. He apologized for not being able to do it, but he then went away and came back to tell me that they would knock another 10% off the line rental. That seemed a bit crazy to me, but I bit his hand off.

So now I have the phone I wanted which would have cost me a tenner more a month for the same cost I am paying now (20% off). Happy with that!!! Oh, and then I mentioned that I had a sim only contract that I pay for my nephew and that he was using nearly all the data every month. He had a look at that and promptly slapped another 4GB of data on it for nothing!!!!

People slag off Vodafone but I think I got a very good deal(s) out of them!!!
    • alisont
    • By alisont 8th May 18, 8:38 PM
    • 1,611 Posts
    • 2,233 Thanks
    alisont
    Ive decided I’ll go with the 12 month SIM deal for 5gb data, roaming, texts & 500 minutes for £11.20 and they were offering 3 months refund too.

I get a good signal with Vodafone and have never had any problems with them and am happy to get another 12 month Sim deal.

They did offer an upgrade to an iPhone 6s with 16gb data for £31.50 a month but I’ve got an iPhone 6 so wasn’t after that plus I prefer to buy my handsets outright.
    Sealed Pot Challenge number 8 Amount declared £365.50.

Sealed pot challenge number 9 number 482
    • voodoofish
    • By voodoofish 4th Jul 18, 10:13 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    voodoofish
    Does anyone have any more recent experiences with Vodafone retentions? At the end of June, EE were offering new customers 40GB/month on SIM only for £25/month. The most Voda cancellation team would offer me was 20GB/month for £16 or 40GB/month for £29.40. I didn't switch to EE because I'd rather stay on Vodafone for the cheaper roaming, but would like to get a better deal if I can (and although £16/month for 20GB is a good price I want more data ideally).

This month's SIM only prices for new customers are more expensive than June's, so I'm not sure if I'd be able to get anything better from retentions - but would be interested to hear what anyone else has been offered for comparison.
    • stluke023
    • By stluke023 9th Jul 18, 3:33 PM
    • 309 Posts
    • 156 Thanks
    stluke023
    Asked for my PAC CODE
    Got a ring from Vod in 2 hrs

sim only offering me:

unlimited texts minutes 18gb data one month free £8.70/month for 122 months

Opinions?
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 9th Jul 18, 3:35 PM
    • 2,443 Posts
    • 8,836 Thanks
    Oakdene
    Asked for my PAC CODE

sim only offering me:

Opinions?
    Originally posted by stluke023

Wouldn't want to be locked into a 10 year contract

That is an incredibly good deal!!
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.

• mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 9th Jul 18, 3:37 PM
    • 7,917 Posts
    • 2,625 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    He got so excited he couldn't stop his finger trembling.
    • johnwb89
    • By johnwb89 10th Jul 18, 11:46 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    johnwb89
    I currently get 10gb Data, Spotify & Unlimited calls & texts for £9.20 a month (£18.40 a month but gave 6 months free so effectively £9.20)

When discussing upgrades, not quite as impressed. Got Samsung S8 with 8GB Data, unlimited calls & texts for £31.50 but returned it as didn't love it enough to keep for that price
    • stluke023
    • By stluke023 10th Jul 18, 12:52 PM
    • 309 Posts
    • 156 Thanks
    stluke023
    Asked for my PAC CODE

sim only offering me:

Opinions?
    Originally posted by stluke023
    Well Vodafone have reneged totally on this deal and stated I was never promised this , and was most likely touted from another company!
    What a set of numptys they deserve the title of worst customer service
    26 minutes yesterday just to get a pac code as well

I do not have the time to spend my life trying to haggle

Took a sim only upgrade

5gb date, but on a return call Ivan bumped it extra 5gb to 10gb total
    1000 m.... unlimited texts......10gb data
    one free month

Works out at £8.87/month; plus as upgraded end my contract costs standing at £26, so save £16 for one month, which cannot include in the deal
    Last edited by stluke023; 10-07-2018 at 12:54 PM. Reason: needed to
    • vettieboo
    • By vettieboo 11th Jul 18, 10:57 PM
    • 138 Posts
    • 430 Thanks
    vettieboo
    Called and asked for my PAC over the weekend, had several missed calls yesterday and today, turns out it was retentions. Offered me unlimited texts and calls with 18 gb data for £9.50 a month, went with it and it's shown up in the account. Pretty happy.
    • stluke023
    • By stluke023 12th Jul 18, 11:11 AM
    • 309 Posts
    • 156 Thanks
    stluke023
    After your post Vettiboo getting what I was offered apart from free month, and Vodafone reneging on the offer the next day I have raised a complaint.

They do deserve there title...Vodafone.

I had three contracts with them, switched one to three which is really cheap- £3 for everything
    After 15 years I wonder why I persevere as its always agro.

All networks seem to have fair coverage...where I go at least
    Its just the constant battle with customer service
    Last edited by stluke023; 12-07-2018 at 11:22 AM. Reason: needed
    • stluke023
    • By stluke023 21st Aug 18, 12:10 PM
    • 309 Posts
    • 156 Thanks
    stluke023
    Just an update people. Brought the complaint and then Vodafone stumped up a £50 credit.. a result but hassle
    My first bill comes and they have not honoured the 1st month free
    Not £50 credit now £25 as on two contracts. Again in correspondence

Two years ago Vodafone flagged up as having the worst customer service of the provider networks.....nothing has changed since it seems

addition to previous:

They did stump up again, but i really do not want the hassle just what i was promised, and that is all they gave me!
    Three have a contract running for £8 for everything, on the two occasions i rang support they were brilliant and problem sorted in minutes. What vodafone must got themselves in all of their customer bartering but maybe they have worked out in an algorithm that this saves them money!
    Last edited by stluke023; 06-09-2018 at 7:09 AM.
    • hails14
    • By hails14 21st Aug 18, 10:44 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    hails14
    Hi,

Has anyone got any deals from Vodafone recently?

I am on a sim only contract which is due to end in September. My current deal is 16GB,unlimited calls and texts with Spotify free for the term of the contract.

I would like to change my phone as my iPhone is currently playing up. I would like to change to the android world.

I have tried the live chat with Vodafone, but without any luck recently. They offered the Samsung Galaxy S9, 10GB, unlimited calls and texts with sportily free but it would be 45 pounds per month. I am currently paying 19 per month.

I would like to stick with Vodafone as I use Spotify every day.

Does any one have any tips on how to hassle with Vodafone to get a better deal?

Thanks in advance.
    • tomthered
    • By tomthered 21st Aug 18, 11:02 PM
    • 229 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    tomthered
    If you can live with 4GB and unlimited mins and texts this is a brilliant phone for £23 a month, as a new customer with Mobiles.co.uk!! Also go via Quidco and get £35 cashback see https://!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!/huawei-p20-pro-black?tariffcode=DD1YMFEB18&giftcode=NA
    • pie691
    • By pie691 3rd Sep 18, 5:21 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    pie691
    Did the dance again today to no avail

Offered deals on a new phone worse than Id get as a walk up customer

Bye, bye Vodafone
    Im not holding out for retentions after reading the last 3 months of this thread...........
    • tmsphilip
    • By tmsphilip 13th Nov 18, 5:50 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tmsphilip
    Has anyone had any decent offers for sim only deals including an entertainment package recently off vodafone. Been with them for years and offer derisory compared with last few years . Spoke to retentions ( I rang them) but no incoming call yet ... got my PAC code and 10 days to move .
    Appreciate any advice ... thanks
    • tmsphilip
    • By tmsphilip 13th Nov 18, 5:51 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tmsphilip
    Sim only deals ? From vodafone
    Has anyone had any decent offers for sim only deals including an entertainment package recently off vodafone. Been with them for years and offer derisory compared with last few years . Spoke to retentions ( I rang them) but no incoming call yet ... got my PAC code and 10 days to move .
    • Northern Rock
    • By Northern Rock 14th Nov 18, 1:54 AM
    • 34 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Northern Rock
    Originally posted by tmsphilip
    Someone on HUKD posted earlier that Vodafone retentions dept matched one of the Virgin Black Friday sim deals 45 GB data, 5000 mins, unlimited text for £18 a month.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

135Posts Today

3,095Users online

Martin's Twitter