Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Treadingonplaymobil
    • By Treadingonplaymobil 12th Feb 17, 9:56 AM
    • 1,579Posts
    • 15,323Thanks
    Treadingonplaymobil
    £67,031.92 is a frightening number indeed....
    • 12th Feb 17, 9:56 AM
    £67,031.92 is a frightening number indeed.... 12th Feb 17 at 9:56 AM
    £67,031.92. Seriously. £67,031.92. That is a SCARY number. I can't believe our debt has peaked (and it is the peak, I am determined) at this level.

Our light bulb moment actually happened a few months back, but it's taken since then of wrangling utilities and carefully watching out income/outgoings (using You Need a Budget) to really figure out where we were overspending and how the monthly shortfall of anything from £200-£1,000+ was happening.

We have literally nothing to show for this debt, it's just crept up over the past 8 years or so, and has always been at manageable levels, but back in October we realised we were spending more on credit cards each month than we were paying off.

We committed that cardinal sin of taking out a consolidation loan, but alongside it we looked really carefully at our spending over the next couple of months, budgeted realistically for what we spend and have (I think) picked off all the easy 'low hanging fruit' of budget cuts and really identified why we were overspending.

The main reason for the debt is, erm, me. Not that I'm the biggest spender (neither of us are amazing), but because I am self employed with a hugely variable income and basically worked out our budgets on the basis I would always earn my 'best' month's income. Which was, with hindsight, maybe a TINY bit deluded.

The aim of this diary is to keep us on track with actually reducing our debt every single month, not doing it in a three steps forward, two (or four) steps back sort of way. Having sat down and put our numbers into the whatsthecost site, it appears that we are looking at 7 years and 1 month of repayments to clear the debt (and that's assuming we can get rid of the shortfall showing below). I REALLY want to reduce this term as that just seems bonkers.

SOA below, with a couple of explanatory notes.

Statement of Affairs and Personal Balance Sheet

Household Information

Number of adults in household........... 2
    Number of children in household......... 3
    Number of cars owned.................... 1

Monthly Income Details

Monthly income after tax................ 250 (variable, but this is the minimum I have earned in any month in the last 5 years)
    Partners monthly income after tax....... 2711.86
    Benefits................................ 192
    Other income............................ 0
    Total monthly income.................... 3153.86

Monthly Expense Details

Mortgage................................ 698
    Secured/HP loan repayments.............. 0
    Rent.................................... 0
    Management charge (leasehold property).. 0
    Council tax............................. 174 (including overpayment for a period when we messed up during a house move 18 months ago and didn't restart the direct debit for the new property. Will drop by a little under £50 after either March or April, can't remember which)
    Electricity............................. 52 (gas and electricity are one combined DD, I haven't checked the exact split but the total is £104)
    Gas..................................... 52
    Oil..................................... 0
    Water rates............................. 104 (also including a debt from previous property, but I think this will be included for another 6 months or so. I'm not sure what our actual usage is)
    Telephone (land line)................... 18.5 (includes internet)
    Mobile phone............................ 85 (£45 for my contract, which I use for work as well, £40 for DH)
    TV Licence.............................. 12.12
    Satellite/Cable TV...................... 0
    Internet Services....................... 0 (included in landline cost)
    Groceries etc. ......................... 520 (Includes £40 for one lot of school lunches. I am REALLY struggling to reduce this, but feel I could and should be able to!)
    Clothing................................ 100 (growing children, plus see notes below re clothes)
    Petrol/diesel........................... 225 (90% DH commuting costs)
    Road tax................................ 16.27
    Car Insurance........................... 25.22
    Car maintenance (including MOT)......... 30
    Car parking............................. 0
    Other travel............................ 50
    Childcare/nursery....................... 70 (this will disappear in April as child 3 gets free 15 hours)
    Other child related expenses............ 81.85 (music/swimming lessons x2, cubs and beavers, National Trust membership as they love visiting them)
    Medical (prescriptions, dentist etc).... 5
    Pet insurance/vet bills................. 0
    Buildings insurance..................... 27.07
    Contents insurance...................... 0
    Life assurance ......................... 16.26
    Other insurance......................... 0
    Presents (birthday, christmas etc)...... 90
    Haircuts................................ 20
    Entertainment........................... 135
    Holiday................................. 75
    Emergency fund.......................... 25
    Total monthly expenses.................. 2707.29

Assets

Cash.................................... 0
    House value (Gross)..................... 210000
    Shares and bonds........................ 0
    Car(s).................................. 800
    Other assets............................ 0
    Total Assets............................ 210800

Secured & HP Debts

Description....................Debt......Monthly.. .APR
    Mortgage...................... 173733...(698)......3.14
    Total secured & HP debts...... 173733....-.........-

Unsecured Debts
    Description....................Debt......Monthly.. .APR
    Barclaycard....................6880.21...156...... .0
    MBNA...........................9614.71...98....... .0
    Parental loan..................20000.....0.........0 (see notes below)
    Tesco loan.....................21000.....377.......10
    Total unsecured debts..........57494.92..631.......-

Monthly Budget Summary

Total monthly income.................... 3,153.86
    Expenses (including HP & secured debts). 2,707.29
    Available for debt repayments........... 446.57
    Monthly UNsecured debt repayments....... 631
    Amount short for making debt repayments. -184.43

Personal Balance Sheet Summary
    Total assets (things you own)........... 210,800
    Total HP & Secured debt................. -173,733
    Total Unsecured debt.................... -57,494.92
    Net Assets.............................. -20,427.92

Created using the SOA calculator at stoozing.
    Reproduced on Moneysavingexpert with permission, using other browser.

Regarding the (relatively) high clothes expense, it is a combination of 3 growing children (8, 6 and 3), plus the fact that my job is in the fashion industry, and as a self employed person I need to have the right sort of 'look' in order to get work (think along the lines of a self employed personal shopper - people need to see you looking good in order to book with you).

The parental loan was for a house deposit. The parent in question has no idea about our debts. She is not desperate for the money back and isn't charging us interest, but has asked us to save £150-200 every month into a savings account and then once we've saved a decent sum to either repay them or 'reborrow' it for work on the house (basically they want us to be able to make repayments if they suddenly need the extra income, but meanwhile are happy for us to benefit from it. I am not saving the money while our debt payments are so high - we are hoping to have paid enough off that if the parent ever needs it that we can reborrow it and pay them back). This isn't great, but realistically I think the best solutions is to treat it as the lowest priority for snowballing - once we have paid back the other debts we will throw the entire £630+ at this debt.

So, there is a freaking enormous shortfall every month, which is somewhat depressing. Most months it is covered by the fact that I earn more than my 'bare minimum', but it is those months where it isn't covered that the debt creeps up again, and I am a total disaster for going 'oh well, we've spent on the credit card, we might as well keep going' and buying more clothes or something for the house - this is probably a significant proportion of our debt problem.

We have managed to get rid of the balance on the one credit card we were spending on, so the remaining ones are both on 0% deals (although one expires in September). I have not cut up the remaining credit card, because we don't have an emergency fund in case of eg boiler repairs, but it has not been used for all of a month, and I hope to keep it that way.

A DMP or similar isn't really on my horizon right now - I feel like we should be able to make the cuts to make our budgets balance, and I am optimistic that as my income goes up (when I can work more as child 3 starts school) that we will be able to make overpayments.

My plan for now is:
    1) Try to wiggle those budget numbers around enough that we don't have a shortfall any more.
    2) Make a plan for any months where I make extra - do I use it for an emergency fund, as a fund to cover future months' shortfalls, to throw money at the debt to try to reduce minimum payments in case of future 'shortfall' months?
    3) Try to make more money. Not quite sure how this will work as I am largely limited to working around DH's working hours (I work evenings and weekends and the 5hrs childcare per week we are paying for for child 3).

Now that's all down in black and white I am feeling a combination of relieved (to be clear on the numbers) and immensely stressed (by the semi-regular £180+ shortfall).

Onwards and downwards (for the debt, not me)!

edited to add: the original £67,031.92 figure was based on the total figure for the Tesco loan, which included all interest payable over the entire term of the loan. I have updated the debt figure in my signature and in all posts going forward as at 4th June 2017 to reflect that actual current debt balance rather than the balance plus interest over the lifetime of the loan. This has knocked £7,911.62 off the debt figure, but means that each monthly payment will have the interest for that month deducted from it, so it won't affect the DFD if I don't make overpayments.
    Last edited by Treadingonplaymobil; 04-06-2017 at 2:58 PM.
Page 137
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 12th Mar 18, 7:51 AM
    • 4,999 Posts
    • 39,424 Thanks
    DawnW
    Another recommend for Campbells. Once you have bought from them, they often send voucher codes / additional special offers. The meat and fish comes nicely packed ready to freeze, if you want. Might also be worth investigating local butchers - ours has started to do monthly special offer packs, again, all ready for freezing if preferred.
    NSDs for May: 2 / 19

• Treadingonplaymobil
    • By Treadingonplaymobil 12th Mar 18, 7:51 AM
    • 1,579 Posts
    • 15,323 Thanks
    Treadingonplaymobil
    Re the architect - we have a sort of fixed price. The price includes two lots of consultation and revision of drawings, so he can propose a few designs, we can refine and then refine further. But if we do that then change our minds totally it's something like £400 per redraw and revision after that point. I feel like he's been really fair and broken things down really clearly in our quote, which is what we asked for, so I'm confident in the quote.
    £67,031.92 is a frightening number indeed... The debt free diary of one family and their enormous debt
    LBM debt on 12th Feb 2017: £38,608 unsecured debt/£20,000 parental loan/£173,282 mortgage = £231,890
    debt on 13th May 2018: £13,648.58 unsecured debt/£20,000 parental loan/£192,680.11 mortgage = £226,328.69
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 12th Mar 18, 10:02 AM
    • 1,320 Posts
    • 6,149 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Thank you to those who've mentioned Campbell's meat, I've just spent a good 20minutes looking at the website and am going to put an order in when I've had a bit of a freezer sort to check I've got enough space.
    The 100 payment countdown (each payment = £400) 2018 Starts at 13/100 o/s £34,750.
    Jan 18 14/100 Feb 15/100 March 18/100 April 19/100
    Term Mortgage free date: October 2029 Current mortgage free date: April 2025 March 2024 Jan 2024
    MFW 2018 Challenge Member #162 £1600ish/£2,500
    • Goingroundincircles
    • By Goingroundincircles 12th Mar 18, 2:14 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    Goingroundincircles
    Slight irritation this morning - was reconciling receipts and noticed that DH is buying sandwiches and snacks when he fills up the car, at maybe £4 a pop, affecting both the diesel budget and his waistline. I was going to go and have a big go at him about it, but I have done that before to little effect (he struggles with his weight, and this picking up of huge unhealthy snacks at random moments is historically one of the key reasons why). Instead I am going to keep checking the receipts and assigning any food he buys to his personal kitty, and when he asks why it's all depleted in a few weeks time I will tell him. I think that will actually make it hit home for him much more than just nagging over a couple of quid here and there. He is theoretically saving up for new clothes, but between the vending machine at work and these £4 food outlays when he fills up the car, he has already spent almost a tenner of his kitty this month, and he only gets £40, of which a tenner goes on apple music. Irritating, but he needs to see the effect to understand why I go on about these little spends I think.
    Just catching up with your blog and couldn't help but laugh at this. I haven't posted in a while but logged in today to post the same thing! OH spent all his diesel/spending money for the month within the first few days. I despair. I also had to refrain from having a go at him because it doesn't work, he'll just shut down. So instead I've decided not to bail him out when he needs to fill up his van - he'll have to work something out for himself. He gets that we're in a lot of debt and that our budget only just covers the essentials, but hasn't quite grasped the fact that every time he spends a few pounds here and there that basically means a bill that cannot be paid (although I always make sure they are somehow).
    Sorry that's of no help, but you're not the only one in that boat!
    • Verbatim
    • By Verbatim 12th Mar 18, 4:52 PM
    • 4,575 Posts
    • 13,604 Thanks
    Verbatim
    Would it be possible to pay out the personal spends/diesel money weekly?
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
    • Treadingonplaymobil
    • By Treadingonplaymobil 12th Mar 18, 8:26 PM
    • 1,579 Posts
    • 15,323 Thanks
    Treadingonplaymobil
    Nothing much exciting to report on the day's activities. Bought a couple of little extra presents for the DCs' birthdays, a present for relative's DC with imminent birthday, and got cash out for another relative's DC with another imminent birthday. That was quite enough spending for one day, Luckily I got paid for some work I was provisionally booked for, so had another £50 to top up the birthday fund with. SO pleased I'm nowhere near needing to rob my other savings pots, although I am aware that I'm using extra income to top up the birthday pots, rather than getting my business account further ahead or overpaying debt. Can't win 'em all I suppose, and I still have three months salary/expenses in the business account.

Made some more sourdough crackers today, which have been already pretty much entirely inhaled by the DC. So pleased to have found a use for the discarded sourdough starter! Baked them while the oven was on for a batch of savoury muffins. Must try to get in the habit of using the oven for several things at a time - I cook so much, but I can turn the oven on and off a couple of times every day. Would be more sensible to use it every other day or so, and cook more things at one time, where it's possible/reasonable.

I don't think dispensing diesel money weekly to DH would work (well maybe it would, but it's a bridge too far even for a control freak like me) - I think once he has the short sharp shock of realising he is spending his personal money on his regular little snacks, he will stop doing it.

Three things to do today
    1. Town - present for relative and top up food shop.
    2. Clear ironing. Not quite clear, but made good headway.
    3. Savoury muffins for DC lunchboxes.

Debt repayment:
    - £20.42/31 March rounding down pot.
    - £1,608.78/£5,000 2018 debt repayment goal.
    £67,031.92 is a frightening number indeed... The debt free diary of one family and their enormous debt
    LBM debt on 12th Feb 2017: £38,608 unsecured debt/£20,000 parental loan/£173,282 mortgage = £231,890
    debt on 13th May 2018: £13,648.58 unsecured debt/£20,000 parental loan/£192,680.11 mortgage = £226,328.69
    • Verbatim
    • By Verbatim 12th Mar 18, 11:16 PM
    • 4,575 Posts
    • 13,604 Thanks
    Verbatim
    Yes I can see it would be a step too far! Do you both take your personal money out in cash at the beginning of the month or use your debit cards as you go? If the latter it must be a risk/ temptation to have !!!8220;just one more!!!8221; when the occasion arises.
    I!!!8217;m curious as to what you are planning for the dc!!!8217;s birthdays? I!!!8217;m sure it will be splendid!
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
    • Treadingonplaymobil
    • By Treadingonplaymobil 13th Mar 18, 5:15 AM
    • 1,579 Posts
    • 15,323 Thanks
    Treadingonplaymobil
    Week 57: Day 2

Morning! Had a really good night's sleep last night (although I'm not sure the same could be said for DH, who groggily mentioned he'd been up with DC3 a few times when I got out of a bed a little while ago. Whoops) and feeling nice and energetic this morning. Although not sufficiently energetic to balance my YNAB account - I have £40 more in the bank than YNAB thinks I should have, and I can't figure out why! Better than not having as much as I think I should have, I suppose. I imagine I've entered something twice, or something equally stupid. Possibly reconciling my bank accounts with YNAB every morning at 4:30am isn't playing to my strengths .

Nothing terribly fancy for the DCs birthdays. DC2 is getting a steam train ride with three of his friends. It would actually be quite cheap if we didn't also have to pay for DH, me and DC1 and 3! One of the party expenses (which we will never have again, hurrah for no more plasticy paper cups and straws!) has been reusable glass bottles and stainless steel straws which we will also use for DC3's party, and we'll make a picnic lunch for each child to have on the train for the 'out' journey, and we'll have the cake on the 'home' journey. I've made some of these bags as bread bags, and I might temporarily reclaim them as picnic bags for the day, with our huge linen napkins for any spills. The cake is always an important part, and a number seven cake has been requested, with an icing train track and a Brio train on top (a duplicate of a cake I made for DC1 a few years ago). Tamer than last year's Lego Minecraft block cake, which was INSANE.

DC3 is having a party at the house, which has morphed from three invited guests to seven, but I'm sort of hoping a couple won't come as it's over the Easter weekend. Decorations are all reusable/recyclable tissue paper pompoms and flowers and we'll use our linen napkins and plates. There is a vague unicorn theme so I have bought the world's ugliest unicorn pinata (need to find things to fill it with, ideally not plastic wrapped sweets, but whatever it is needs to survive being dropped all over the floor!) and the al important cake will a rip off of this one. Might also do a unicorn treasure hunt, we made this minecraft one last year for DC2 which worked really well, they had to find the matching picture and stick it onto the board - easier for small children than clues etc.

I haven't tackled party bags for either DC yet - I don't want to fill them with tat, so I'm thinking mainly paper bags of sweets from the local sweet shop which sells from those big jars, plus maybe one small toy each - I think for DC3 the pinata treats will form the contents of the party bags, rather than buying two lots of stuff.

All worky things on the to do list today - still playing catch up from last week! Thankfully have leftover stew on the menu plan for tonight, so no cooking.

Three things to do today
    1. Send follow up client email.
    2. Sort schedule for contract work.
    3. Order stock.

Debt repayment:
    - £20.84/31 March rounding down pot.
    - £1,608.78/£5,000 2018 debt repayment goal.
    • warby68
    • By warby68 13th Mar 18, 7:01 AM
    • 937 Posts
    • 9,557 Thanks
    warby68
    You sound 'on the up' ToPM

I have a son whose birthday regularly fell at Easter. I used to buy Easter Eggs rather than party bags for the going home treat. Always some cheap offers even on the nice stuff without too much packaging. A cone of mini-eggs also went down a treat one year.

My other son was born close to Christmas so another good time for themed treats which don't break the bank
    • Verbatim
    • By Verbatim 13th Mar 18, 7:53 AM
    • 4,575 Posts
    • 13,604 Thanks
    Verbatim
    All sounds great fun. I am sure the children will all have a wonderful memorable day. I will lay off the apostrophes seeing what is done to them on here. So please forgive the rather formal !!!8220;I am!!!8221;.
    • Verbatim
    • By Verbatim 13th Mar 18, 7:55 AM
    • 4,575 Posts
    • 13,604 Thanks
    Verbatim
    Ah inverted commas are affected too. Dare I use an exclamation or question mark. Nope.
    • enthusiasticsaver
    • By enthusiasticsaver 13th Mar 18, 8:00 AM
    • 6,385 Posts
    • 13,110 Thanks
    enthusiasticsaver
    Ah inverted commas are affected too. Dare I use an exclamation or question mark. Nope.
    Originally posted by Verbatim
    If you are using an apple device which is normally when the punctuation is affected go to settings then keyboards and then turn off Smart Keyboard. That will sort it out
    Debt free and mortgage free and early retiree. Living the dream

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Mortgages and Endowments, Banking and Budgeting boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • joeyjimbles
    • By joeyjimbles 13th Mar 18, 11:09 AM
    • 1,579 Posts
    • 8,576 Thanks
    joeyjimbles
    DS2's birthday is often at Easter and I've done little Easter Eggs as take home gifts when it does. The other standby has been a pack of Books (Horrible Histories, Flat Stanley, Flower Fairies etc) from The Book People or The Works together with a paper cone of sweets. Always gone down well.
    • Honeysucklelou2
    • By Honeysucklelou2 13th Mar 18, 7:19 PM
    • 830 Posts
    • 3,317 Thanks
    Honeysucklelou2
    My DD's birthday falls around Easter and Easter eggs have been good party bag alternatives. One party one child went to gave out a magazine as an alternative to party bags.
    paydbx #93 £692/£8,000.
    Loan £17k - paid off in Aug 2017. Home improvement loans £3342 March 2017. £3123 in Jan 18
    • remote_control
    • By remote_control 13th Mar 18, 9:26 PM
    • 249 Posts
    • 951 Thanks
    remote_control
    We did plastic-free party bags for my daughter's 6th birthday in Dec and I think everyone thought we were nutters! But one mum texted to say they were the best ones she'd ever seen and the best way to make a change is to be a role-model!
    • Verbatim
    • By Verbatim 13th Mar 18, 11:10 PM
    • 4,575 Posts
    • 13,604 Thanks
    Verbatim
    If you are using an apple device which is normally when the punctuation is affected go to settings then keyboards and then turn off Smart Keyboard. That will sort it out
    Originally posted by enthusiasticsaver
    Thanks but no keyboard line in my settings.
    • enthusiasticsaver
    • By enthusiasticsaver 13th Mar 18, 11:30 PM
    • 6,385 Posts
    • 13,110 Thanks
    enthusiasticsaver
    Thanks but no keyboard line in my settings.
    Originally posted by Verbatim
    Is it an iPad? On mine it actually says smart punctuation under the keyboards. Turning that off solved my punctuation appearing as numbers. There is a thread about it on the MSE feedback forum
    Debt free and mortgage free and early retiree. Living the dream

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Mortgages and Endowments, Banking and Budgeting boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Treadingonplaymobil
    • By Treadingonplaymobil 14th Mar 18, 5:15 AM
    • 1,579 Posts
    • 15,323 Thanks
    Treadingonplaymobil
    Week 57: Day 3

Hmm, made my YNAB balance again this morning. Not sure what became of that random additional £40, but it's resolved itself. Dodgy early morning maths on my part, presumably.

Annoyingly, Amazon appear to have taken more than a transaction total from my account. I need to check with DH whether he's ordered anything on his account, but looking at it the various split transactions seem to add up to £10 or so more than the order total on the account page. Annoying, I could live without having to chase it today, but will do that live chat thing later, which always seems very efficient. Possibly my early morning maths is wrong again, will check before I contact them!

remote_control I agree that somebody needs to be the first with things like party bags (and a million other things), so everyone else can realise it's doable! Ours won't actually be totally plastic free as we are using leftover vile plastic princess party bags from last year for DC3 <polishes MSE halo> but I'm going to drop into conversation that the parties are free from newly bought plastic - I think the more we talk about these things the more it enters into general consciousness/mainstream, and people start to make different choices. Honeysucklelou2, joeyjimbles and others, those are all great party bag ideas - I think it's so much better to give one or two good things than an entire bag full of tat, which my children so often come home with, and it's all in the bin with 24 hours.

Lots and lots to get done today - my list has crept well beyond three things, and really they all need doing, which is tedious. I like my three things list!

Three things to do today
    1. Pack orders for smaller business.
    2. Complete extra piece of contract work.
    3. Town - post orders and birthday cards, buy toothpaste (anyone else's children incapable of squeezing out a sensible sized blob of toothpaste? Even the 9yo is useless at it), cash out for school residential deposit - £83 in total to pay!
    4. Order cheap birthday cards - we have nowhere cheap locally to buy them and I keep ending up buying £3 ones from town, it was so useful having a cheap stock of them in the house when I remembered to buy a load last year. Wondering whether I can order a load of plain ones and just get the DC to decorate them all in one go, as there never seems to be time for homemade ones when birthdays roll around. Will compare prices.
    5. Social media post.
    6. Follow up a couple of client enquiries.
    7. Phone a tutor for DC1 for next year (11+ area).
    8. Change DC2's bed sheets - nosebleed in the night!
    9. Sort childcare for a work enquiry for April.

Debt repayment:
    - £21.45/31 March rounding down pot.
    - £1,608.78/£5,000 2018 debt repayment goal
    • Verbatim
    • By Verbatim 14th Mar 18, 7:12 AM
    • 4,575 Posts
    • 13,604 Thanks
    Verbatim
    Is it an iPad? On mine it actually says smart punctuation under the keyboards. Turning that off solved my punctuation appearing as numbers. There is a thread about it on the MSE feedback forum
    Originally posted by enthusiasticsaver
    Thanks but itís an iphone.
    • Silver Queen
    • By Silver Queen 14th Mar 18, 8:56 AM
    • 373 Posts
    • 1,758 Thanks
    Silver Queen
    Verbatim, I have an iPhone 6s and this is how I did it....

Settings > general > keyboard > smart punctuation toggle off
    Debt Totals May 2018::
    £350 Natwest Credit Card / Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £10,250 £500 train ticket loan from parents / Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18) £2,000 Overdraft Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,592Posts Today

9,419Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin