Does my wedding budget look about right?

Comments

• skimper
    skimper Posts: 372 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Venue dressing (chair covers etc) unless your just having it as it comes? & registrar, charges vary per council but mine was £600!

Any entertainment between the day/night parts?
  • chelseablue
    chelseablue Posts: 3,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thank you all!

The standard package at the venue we're considering includes:

Arrival Drink: Bucks Fizz or orange juice

Wine with the Meal: Half bottle of house wine per person

To Toast: One glass of sparkling wine per person

3 course meal

Coffee and minted chocolates.
  • chelseablue
    Entertainment wise just a DJ for the evening party

Also need to add the cost of evening buffet
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Ignoring the location,its london way which may be similarly priced to your area,heres a link to the 2017 wedding prices for Holiday Inn sutton...

http://www.hilondonsuttonhotel.co.uk/offers/weddings/2999-wedding-package/

it includes some things that the OP has budgeted for but you do need to check what is included as it provides a DJ and room but no food....a room for the ceremony but no registrar
    There is also a limit on number...I assume extra can be added at further cost.

OP is this the type of thing you have in mind?
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • LEJC
    Entertainment wise just a DJ for the evening party

Also need to add the cost of evening buffet

check that price very carefully with the venue...an evening buffet can actually run not far off the cost of the daytime function...seriously...its where the hotel make most of their money...you might want to check the bar prices too as that can also be high (just thinking of your guests).

• chelseablue
    LEJC wrote: »
    check that price very carefully with the venue...an evening buffet can actually run not far off the cost of the daytime function...seriously...its where the hotel make most of their money...you might want to check the bar prices too as that can also be high (just thinking of your guests).

Thank you :)

Their evening buffet price is £15.50 pp and 75% of all evening guests must be catered for.

So if we catered for 75 evening people that's another £1,162 :eek:
  • LEJC
    edited 9 February 2017 at 4:40PM
    Sometimes the all in wedding prices look good on the surface but dig a bit deeper and the true costs come out....

The evening is like I said where they make their money!!!!

if you are inviting 100 to the evening and only catering for 75...I assume the other 25 will have eaten at home....£15 per head again doesnt actually translate into huge amounts of food on the buffet table...ask exactly how the potion size is made up... you may be surprised!

• LEJC
    edited 9 February 2017 at 5:00PM
    How did you come to the figures you have put up for your budget...have you for example seen a dress that is within the £800 you would like to spend....also don't forget there may need to be fittings and adjustments done to the dress between the time you buy and pick it up...allow some money for that as its not always part of the price quoted on the ticket.

does the dress budget include what you are planning to wear underneath...again needs to be considered.

flowers and arrangements...again have you seen a package or discussed it with a local florist?
    link to interflora which is probably the type of prices you could expect may suggest that you budget may need a bit of tweeking if you were to go for anything other than the simple package.
    Although flowers are very much an in season thing so go with whats in bloom at the time rather than wanting something exotic

http://www.interflora.co.uk/content/wedding-packages/

• ceb1995
    ceb1995 Posts: 388 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Starting to organise getting married next year.

Looking to spend less than 10k for everything.

Firstly; is this an achievable budget? We live in Berkshire so an expensive part of the country.

Also I've listed the following things I think I need to organise and what I think it'll cost.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm way off on anything! Or if there's anything I've forgotten

Venue £3,800 (£75pp for 50 guests)
    DJ £500
    Photos £1,000
    Cake £500
    Flowers £500
    Stationery £300
    Rings £400
    Dress £800
    Shoes, Veil £200
    Hair & Make up £250
    Grooms suit £300
    Best Mans suit £300

That all comes to £8,850

Is that realistic?
    I think that's an achievable budget, have you included the registrar cost? (we're getting married in yorkshire and it's£450 just for that).
    You could perhaps adjust some of the costs to be able to have something towards an evening buffet, like stationary, flowers and perhaps the cake. It depends if you're having the same amount of guests day and evening and what time of day your wedding is whether or not i'd be worrying about an evening buffet.
    We couldn't realistically pay £15 a person for an evening buffet so we've gone for doubling the amount of doughnuts we were originally going to have and having a sweet buffet instead, so there are alternatives out there if the venue allows outside food.
  • LEJC
    I agree with the poster above on some things,like the cake...again if you have seen something that you like and thats how you fixed the budget...great...but you could consider a cake from waitrose or M&S ....they can be surprisingly good and its an area you can make savings on.

The problem that most hotels will have about bringing in your own food for an evening reception is one of food standards and many dont allow it incase guests fall ill and the reputation of the hotel is then challenged.
    They my allow food from selected partners or outside caterers that they have vetted but in honesty these will probably be much the same price as if you had chosen the in house catering......but I guess its always worth asking.....

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport