We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

UK Fund Holder Scam

Good morning, just to let you know it looks like these guys are at it again, I've received a letter from this company called Uk fund holder this morning stating that I've won a prize due to taking part in a survey (I don't recall taken part in a survey recently) has anybody else received a letter like this?

Comments

• Yes, I have also received a letter from them, but as I have never heard of them before, I decided to check them out and as a result saw your post. After which I will rip it up and throw it away. Thanks for the heads up..
  • izbiz88
    izbiz88 Posts: 136 Forumite
    I received one yesterday - chucked it straight in the bin. Very shady!
  • I got one today too, so it really is a scam?
    Thanks all:beer:
  • paul6361
    paul6361 Posts: 46
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I got one too. They are Wye Valley Promotions with a PO box in Herefordshire with a 09061 number .£1.50 per minute for 6 minutes. Everyones a winner LOL.
  • paul6361
    paul6361 Posts: 46
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Forgot to add:

This is from article in 2014.

A company that operates premium-rate telephone competitions has been fined £120,000 by the industry watchdog and told to give refunds to customers.
    Wye Valley Promotions Ltd sent letters to people falsely telling them they had won prizes including £20,000 in cash and TVs, Phonepay Plus said.
    It then charged them £1.50 for a text message or £1.53 a minute on the phone when they tried to claim them.
    Wye Valley Promotions said it might appeal against the decision.

How do they get away with it?
  • Yes, I got one yesterday, thought it might be a bit dodgy so googled it! Thanks for the heads up, I shall now deposit it in the bin!
  • Thanks to all for the heads up. I also received a very professional looking letter informing me of a prize. They must be making good money judging by the quality of the stationary. :beer:
  • Yes I got one too! But its on good quality stationery and does look authentic but alarm bells rang when I saw the charge for the phone tarrif - £1.50 a minute and "not more than 6 minutes" so that's ten quid I would never see again. Straight into the shredder:p
  • I binned the original letter a few weeks ago and this morning I received a 'Final Reminder'. The wording is suitably misleading. Straight in the bin!
  • JC_Derby
    JC_Derby Posts: 806
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Wife had one too...horrible coconuts
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts