Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jogu
    • By jogu 6th Feb 17, 10:59 AM
    • 45Posts
    • 30Thanks
    jogu
    Worcester Bosch guarantee - how good is it?
    • 6th Feb 17, 10:59 AM
    Worcester Bosch guarantee - how good is it? 6th Feb 17 at 10:59 AM
    Hi all,

I'm looking to get my boiler replaced (Ideal Response 120; an internal pipe has split and is leaking and have not been able to obtain a replacement anywhere).

I'm looking at Worcester Bosch boilers. The two main options I have are:

1) 30i from British gas - 5 year warrantee from British Gas (quote is approx 2200)
    2) 36cdi compact from a local installer - 10 year warrantee (quote is approx 3000, those this includes filter + RF controller - BG quote includes neither)

The 36cdi seems a better replacement (the 30i would have a lower hot water flow rate than the Ideal, and we have thermostatic showers).

So '2' seems like a good option, particularly given the longer warrantee.

I have two questions about the warrantee I wonder if anyone has experience of those:

a) The installer tells me that the warrantee is backed by Worcester themselves. I can't find any mention of 10 year warrantees on the Worcester website, which seems odd. Are these kind of warrantees (it's an accredited installer) generally backed by Worcester?

b) Just how good are the Worcester backed warrantees - has anyone experience of making a callout under them, is it a next day-ish service like British Gas's home care or can it take days?

Thanks

Joseph
Page 2
    • jhe
    • By jhe 13th Feb 18, 10:02 PM
    • 1,803 Posts
    • 698 Thanks
    jhe
    It!!!8217;s not a guarantee it!!!8217;s a warentee no different to any other boiler manu out there, the main heat exchanger does have 10 yrs except it!!!8217;s the part only & will cost you 269 for them to change it, don!!!8217;t believe the hype or which magazine there are far better boilers out there
    Originally posted by southcoastrgi
    I cannot quite understand your post, but regarding my Worcester Bosch installation last year, I have a full parts and labour guarantee no exclusions until 2027, I do have to have it serviced every year though.
    that info is from my installer and Worcester themselves
    • southcoastrgi
    • By southcoastrgi 13th Feb 18, 10:06 PM
    • 5,321 Posts
    • 3,083 Thanks
    southcoastrgi
    For some bizarre reason it has added 8217 everywhere very strange
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
    • jhe
    • By jhe 13th Feb 18, 10:08 PM
    • 1,803 Posts
    • 698 Thanks
    jhe
    For some bizarre reason it has added 8217 everywhere very strange
    Originally posted by southcoastrgi
    wonder what it is all about . been seeing it a lot on this forum.
    • Alex1983
    • By Alex1983 13th Feb 18, 10:50 PM
    • 808 Posts
    • 473 Thanks
    Alex1983
    Apparently its a glitch with Apple devices and apostrophes.
    • southcoastrgi
    • By southcoastrgi 14th Feb 18, 6:48 PM
    • 5,321 Posts
    • 3,083 Thanks
    southcoastrgi
    Yes you have to write it is not it!!!8217;s
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,832Posts Today

8,341Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Facebook today admitted in parliament that after it heard of my defamation lawsuit against it for 50 fake scam ads? https://t.co/XttOnyH9sq

• RT @jamiesusskind: After more than 10 years, and with such sadness, I am leaving Labour. I'm doing it for the same reason that I joined: be?

• RT @Deeangelique_: I suggested @MartinSLewis get 'I Don't Do Ads' tattooed to his forehead yesterday. Today he posted this. I gave Martin L?

• Follow Martin