Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 5th Feb 17, 11:27 AM
    • 3,370Posts
    • 19,022Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Get a grip !
    • 5th Feb 17, 11:27 AM
    Get a grip ! 5th Feb 17 at 11:27 AM
    Message to self ... get a grip ! Stop moaning about your job and do something about it. Reduce your outgoings so you can leave your job ! Save money so you can leave your job ! Downsize the house so you can leave your job !

Ok so I am mid-40's divorced with DS 21 still at home. He pays half of the bills and his own food (high protein diet).

I hate my job (in case you hadn't guessed lol) and would like to leave but at the moment it gives me financial security and lots of adaptations for my disabilities which put me off / makes me worry about getting a new job. I am not sure what the future will bring (at some point DS will leave home ...hopefully !) but I really need to get some savings in place.

So here goes........
    Balance 0% credit card to pay 1360 1310 1210 1160 1110
Page 57
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 10th Oct 18, 8:12 PM
    • 3,370 Posts
    • 19,022 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Another warm day today so I got some bedding dried this afternoon on the line.

Got puppy a squeaky rubber bone in Tesco cost 3 and it has lasted all afternoon without her chewing a hole in it !

Odd pennies in my current account tonight 41p into my emergency fund now totalling 41.50
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 11th Oct 18, 7:30 PM
    • 3,370 Posts
    • 19,022 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Hope you are feeling ok SW x I went to the chemist today to pick up some meds and had my free flu jab. I asked about the MMR jab but they said its only a certain generation that needs it as they missed it first time. I had it according to papers DM gave me a few years ago. Apparently they are writing to everyone who needs it.

Called off at aldi on the way home for food shopping for next week total spend 38.95. Got home and put away shopping and it started raining so 2 dog walks today in the rain. Rubber bone still standing up to puppy teeth ! She loves chewing and squeaking it

I've had a frozen pizza bought last week in aldi for dinner. DS popped in to say hello on his way home from work on way to his gf. Have been having a bit of a clear out and tidy up and as DS is hardly here any more it actually stays tidy 2 bags of "stuff" out for bin men in morning.

Odd pennies in my current account tonight 26p into my emergency fund now totalling 41.76
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 11th Oct 18, 9:19 PM
    • 13,617 Posts
    • 47,090 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I think I had it year's ago as well. The GP said I should have it. Check with your GP.

Well done on Aldi shop. All is well here. Roll on the weekend.
    Christmas Fund 41.00 (Dec 1st 2018)
    Reminder: I HAVE EVERYTHING I COULD WANT so SAVE!!!!
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 13th Oct 18, 7:12 AM
    • 3,370 Posts
    • 19,022 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Arm is sore following flu jab but no other side effects. Dr surgery pointed me to this for MMR jab
    people born between 1970 and 1979, may have only been vaccinated against measles
    people born from 1980 to 1990, may not be protected against mumps

As I was born in the dim and distant past it seems I don't need it.

Windy out this morning but warm. Puppy has been fed and is snoozing. I want to get some washing done later today, make the bed in the spare room for DF arriving tomorrow and scrub down the patio.

Lots of plans for next week. days out with DF and he is going to make me a radiator cover for the puppy room so we can turn the radiator on this winter. It was cold without it last year but she kept touching it with her nose poor pooch, so we turned it off. Radiator covers large enough are around 100+ so hopefully we can make something cheaper, it doesn't have to be pretty

The fridge and freezer are full of food so I shouldn't need to do any shopping next week and can just pick up milk locally.

I've decided to have a week off from posting on MSE and boring you all I just need a complete break from work and worrying about money but will still be careful with budgeting and spending.

Have a good week everyone x
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 13th Oct 18, 5:57 PM
    • 13,617 Posts
    • 47,090 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Hello Skinty, enjoy your week off. PS You don't bore me, you keep me company on my journey, a friend in arms during my financial journey.

The radiator cover sounds like a good project - it's fab that DS can do things like that and lil pup will be happy!

Enjoy the week and let's hope the weather is good.
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 14th Oct 18, 3:32 PM
    • 5,125 Posts
    • 44,207 Thanks
    Kittikins
    Oooh, I might be one of those people who need the jab, born in 1971! I'm going for my flu jab this week, but am currently languishing on the sofa with a cold and fever. Hope I'll be back to fighting fitness by Thursday and be fine to have the jab.

Please don't disappear, you're lovely and not dull at all! xx
    Sealed tin and beach 2p saving - trying to put everything under 1 in my purse in tins each day
    Moved house with my beloved DD and KW - 29.6.18
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 21st Oct 18, 10:23 AM
    • 3,370 Posts
    • 19,022 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Hi folks have had a lovely week

Weather has been fab apart from 1 day of damp / rain and we've been out and about and had some nice lunches / dinners out / takeaways. I took 50 out of the birthday/xmas/holiday fund and stayed within budget. DF also made me a radiator cover which came in just under my 50 budget at around 47 and was paid for from savings in the household bills account.

I've paid the pet insurance money onto my credit card 559 and still 100 excess to pay. If I stay on budget for the rest of this month I should have 100 left to cover that.

I've paid another 50 to my 0% credit card so once that has cleared I will update my signature and should be down to 1060 and I will try and pay 61 next month to bring it under 1000 which will feel better

So today is washing, mopping kitchen floor and hoovering. Df has set off home Just taking dog out for a walk its a lovely sunny morning here. Back to work tomorrow.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 21st Oct 18, 11:33 AM
    • 13,617 Posts
    • 47,090 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Hello glad you had a great week and feel rested. Well done on the radiator cover. I hope you enjoy the gorgeous weather today.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,726Posts Today

7,249Users online

Martin's Twitter