Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 5th Feb 17, 11:27 AM
    • 3,391Posts
    • 19,042Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Get a grip !
    • 5th Feb 17, 11:27 AM
    Get a grip ! 5th Feb 17 at 11:27 AM
    Message to self ... get a grip ! Stop moaning about your job and do something about it. Reduce your outgoings so you can leave your job ! Save money so you can leave your job ! Downsize the house so you can leave your job !

Ok so I am mid-40's divorced with DS 21 still at home. He pays half of the bills and his own food (high protein diet).

I hate my job (in case you hadn't guessed lol) and would like to leave but at the moment it gives me financial security and lots of adaptations for my disabilities which put me off / makes me worry about getting a new job. I am not sure what the future will bring (at some point DS will leave home ...hopefully !) but I really need to get some savings in place.

So here goes........
    Balance 0% credit card to pay £1360 £1310 £1210 £1160 £1110 £1060
Page 45
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 7th May 18, 8:52 AM
    • 13,644 Posts
    • 47,106 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Well done on doing all the washing and cleaning the patio. It is lovely by me too. It's great that you cooked your own food yesterday.

Hopefully you can enjoy today.
    Christmas Fund £41.00 (Dec 1st 2018)
    Reminder: I HAVE EVERYTHING I COULD WANT so SAVE!!!!
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 8th May 18, 5:45 PM
    • 3,391 Posts
    • 19,042 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Went to work and that's all I have to say about that

Phoned virgin media when I got home and this months bill is now reduced from £55.49 to £46.77 then £47.50 a month.

Puppy was very naughty yesterday, I think it's the heat. It's cooled down a bit now so have taken her for a short walk. Am dreading the summer if it's as hot as this she's overheating if she goes out but playing up because she can't run off any energy
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 8th May 18, 6:29 PM
    • 13,644 Posts
    • 47,106 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I understand about work - I really do.

Is there a cool area of the house where she can stay when you are at work?

Do you have a fan that she can use???? I know that sounds daft but it might work but wont be good for the electricity bill.

Fab news on reducing your bill.
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 8th May 18, 9:54 PM
    • 5,133 Posts
    • 44,219 Thanks
    Kittikins
    That's great news about the Virgin bill - how did you manage it?
    Sealed tin and beach 2p saving - trying to put everything under £1 in my purse in tins each day
    Moved house with my beloved DD and KW - 29.6.18
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 11th May 18, 7:02 PM
    • 3,391 Posts
    • 19,042 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    I am glad its Friday ! Puppy has been better behaved now its cooler. She has a ceiling fan and can lie in the shade and on the cool kitchen floor tiles. Its when we take her out that she has been naughty. Hopefully she will be calmer for a while.

Kittikins, I just phoned up VM and chose the option for moving home then it gives you the option that you are thinking of leaving. It took 2 calls to get a better offer.

We have ordered indian for delivery so am just waiting for it to arrive. I have ordered a curry but no rice as I will have a pack of microwave basmati from aldi at 49p makes it cheaper. I will pay for my share from my entertainment budget.

Puppy has been walked twice and fed and is now snoozing on her sofa I am now walking her at 5.30am before work when it is cooler and that is working well. She gets fed before I leave and then DS was home by 8am off night shift. Then after playing with her he went to bed and then I am back by lunch time. She has been doing some brain training this afternoon and chasing around after her ball in the park. I am shattered... early night tonight.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 12th May 18, 6:45 AM
    • 3,391 Posts
    • 19,042 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Its a lovely morning. Hopefully not too hot today but dry so I can get my washing done.

I really need to get more organised. I am only managing the basics at the moment and my next time off is the bank holiday at the end of this month. Hopefully this weekend I will

finish cutting the grass & spray the weeds in the paving slabs
    scrub the patio
    scrub / deep clean the kitchen floor (it just gets a quick mop daily)
    freshen the puppy room carpet with baking soda (big tub £1 from the range) and hoover

Having a dog does create a lot more housework !

I have checked online banking this morning and moved some money around to the birthday account and the bills account. DS gets paid next week and then pays me his board money and my next credit card statement is due on 21st.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 12th May 18, 10:24 AM
    • 13,644 Posts
    • 47,106 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Remember it's going to take a while to catch up as you have been looking after your father and sorting out all the things for your mum. I think it's amazing you are doing what you are!!!!!

Moneywise things aren't good here but I am bidding on a few v cheap fleabay items as a treat.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 12th May 18, 11:48 PM
    • 3,391 Posts
    • 19,042 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Well it rained all afternoon here. Apart from a morning puppy walk, a little gardening and scrubbing the patio very little done all day.

SW I keep trying to tell myself it will take time but things feel off balance and unreal and I feel lost.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 13th May 18, 8:19 AM
    • 13,644 Posts
    • 47,106 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I'm not surprised. I would fall apart if anything happened to my parents. You need to spend time with friends, DS and puppy. At work just do your job and switch off like I do. Be kind to yourself everyday. You are doing all the right things.

You must ring your dr and ask for some kind of counselling too.

Just sit in garden today and chill ok. Remember you have loads of friends on here too.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 13th May 18, 11:09 AM
    • 3,391 Posts
    • 19,042 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Thanks SW you are lovely x
    It's sunny here today I have walked puppy and put a load of washing out to dry. Just having a cuppa and will then cut the rest of the grass. Planning all meals from food in fridge/ freezer etc today. I got a Lemon and Ginger chicken in aldi last week which we will have with new potatoes and salad for lunch later. Have a lovely day
    Last edited by Skint yet Again; 13-05-2018 at 11:12 AM.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 14th May 18, 7:22 PM
    • 3,391 Posts
    • 19,042 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    I called off at the tesco express on the way to work today and bought a bunch of bananas 69p. There wasn't any £10 notes in the cash machine so rather than take £20 out (and spend it on rubbish !) I used my contactless card
    What's the smallest purchase you've ever made using your card ?

I went to £1 land on the way home and bought two packs of 5 noodles £1 each and tennis balls for the puppy. She had chomped all hers or lost them in the long grass
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 15th May 18, 3:20 PM
    • 3,391 Posts
    • 19,042 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Puppy had a good run around in the park at 5.30am before work. I called off at coop on way home from work and got some basics, bread, salad and peanut butter for puppy Am trying to use food from last weeks shop before doing another weekly shop.

It's very warm today I have washed and hung out towels. It's meant to cool down next few days which will be good for puppy walks in the afternoon.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 15th May 18, 7:29 PM
    • 13,644 Posts
    • 47,106 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Good on you for walking and being MSE with food shop. Roll on the weekend. This has been a crazy week. Ive been marking since 3am.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 17th May 18, 4:28 PM
    • 3,391 Posts
    • 19,042 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    DS has been paid and he has paid me his "rent" so I called off at aldi after work today for this weeks shop £43.80.

I have paid my NatWest credit card off in full and should have £120 left to pay towards my 0% nationwide card at the end of the month.

I'm out with friends this evening for a meal. Hoping to use vouchers or go to wertherspoons for a cheap and cheerful meal deal. The sun is out and it looks like being a nice evening. I am getting picked up so I am going to have a drink tonight. Things have been a bit rubbish lately and my sick appeal was refused so am feeling a bit low so Im looking forward to catching up with friends.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 17th May 18, 5:48 PM
    • 13,644 Posts
    • 47,106 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Well done on the rent received and on paying bills, cc and the frugal shop.

Im glad you are enjoying the good weather. Im so sorry about work. Please remember those people in their ivory towers that think illness is something we choose to partake in will soon realise that illness can affect us all. Watch and wait girlfriend for them to fall off their pedestals. Karma is real.

Hold your head up high you have been amazing and have done nothing wrong. Enjoy yourself tonight remember how much your friends think of you. You deserve it.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 18th May 18, 7:40 PM
    • 3,391 Posts
    • 19,042 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Had a lovely evening out last night. We ended up in wertherspoons by the marina. Food was very nice, curry night with nan bread and popadoms and a drink £8.25 so was good value. I had a pud as well, chocolate brownie & ice cream £3.25. Naughty but nice.

I am glad its Friday. Its supposed to be really hot over the weekend. I shall be doing my best to avoid watching tv !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th May 18, 8:34 PM
    • 13,644 Posts
    • 47,106 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Yum the food sounds great. I am going to watch the wedding.

I don't know what else I am going to be up to.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 19th May 18, 11:32 AM
    • 3,391 Posts
    • 19,042 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    It's a lovely morning here. Had a puppy walk this morning and scrubbed the patio. Just about to put bedding out on line. DS is off to work this afternoon and I am meeting up with my friend. Hoping for a NSD.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 19th May 18, 2:51 PM
    • 13,644 Posts
    • 47,106 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Glad you are out and about. Enjoy the glorious weather.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 20th May 18, 6:54 PM
    • 3,391 Posts
    • 19,042 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Have managed 2 puppy walks today and spent the rest of the day lazing in front if the TV with her trying not to beat myself up about not doing any housework or washing ! DS is on nights. He bought us KFC for lunch yum

Not a no spend weekend here. I have bought a puppy pen from amazon for £50 and vet fees for antibiotics on Friday £71 which I have put on 0% credit card as DS has his MoT this month and needs 4 new tires and brake pads & disks. He usually pays for puppy stuff. I think I will have to look for a no fee 0% credit card transfer as I don't think it will be paid off in time. Have been looking at sainsburys 36 month on MSE may do a soft search once purchases have been added to balance

I also bought a top from George asda£5 and 2 pairs trousers for work £6 each as I have lost a lot of weight my others are falling down. I have gone down 2 sizes some before sad time with mum and dad and some after.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,851Posts Today

8,773Users online

Martin's Twitter