Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 5th Feb 17, 11:27 AM
    • 3,130Posts
    • 18,701Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Get a grip !
    • 5th Feb 17, 11:27 AM
    Get a grip ! 5th Feb 17 at 11:27 AM
    Message to self ... get a grip ! Stop moaning about your job and do something about it. Reduce your outgoings so you can leave your job ! Save money so you can leave your job ! Downsize the house so you can leave your job !

Ok so I am mid-40's divorced with DS 21 still at home. He pays half of the bills and his own food (high protein diet).

I hate my job (in case you hadn't guessed lol) and would like to leave but at the moment it gives me financial security and lots of adaptations for my disabilities which put me off / makes me worry about getting a new job. I am not sure what the future will bring (at some point DS will leave home ...hopefully !) but I really need to get some savings in place.

So here goes........
Page 43
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 15th Apr 18, 6:22 AM
    • 3,130 Posts
    • 18,701 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Morning all, have been away and still here as DF has been in hospital seriously ill. At one point with organs failing and bed in intensive care being prepared, but he has pulled through and started to eat again

Not much saving done. Have parked 15 min walk from hospital every day for free parking and taken packed lunch last few days.

125 switch bonus received from natwest and paid onto credit card.

Will post again when I can. x
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 15th Apr 18, 7:44 AM
    • 13,211 Posts
    • 46,738 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    OMG Skinty, your poor father, I am so sorry for you. You have been through so much. I hope he is not in too much pain and they are making him as comfortable as possible.
    Chiistmas Fund 80 (Dec 1st 2018)
    Reminder: I HAVE EVERYTHING I COULD WANT so SAVE!!!!
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 15th Apr 18, 8:35 AM
    • 4,989 Posts
    • 43,994 Thanks
    Kittikins
    Hugs Skint, sending get well soon wishes x Keep up the good no-spending work
    Sealed tin saving - trying to put everything under 1 in my purse in there each day
    House deposit savings 52,000
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 16th Apr 18, 7:25 AM
    • 3,130 Posts
    • 18,701 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    DF continues to make recovery. Quick post on my phone before turn mobile data off so don't go over my plan allowance.

Work have kindly allowed me a week compassionate leave and I'm using my last 5 days annual this week so hoping not to need to take unpaid leave or a payment holiday on my mortgage.

Off to hospital later. Just doing some washing hope to dry outside weather looking good so far.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 16th Apr 18, 11:32 AM
    • 13,211 Posts
    • 46,738 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I hope dad is ok. Well done on drying. I am going to try to do some today too.
    Chiistmas Fund 80 (Dec 1st 2018)
    Reminder: I HAVE EVERYTHING I COULD WANT so SAVE!!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,674Posts Today

8,655Users online

Martin's Twitter