Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ph0u203d
    • By ph0u203d 4th Feb 17, 10:37 AM
    • 11Posts
    • 3Thanks
    ph0u203d
    PCN from VCS - Stopping at Liverpool Airport
    • 4th Feb 17, 10:37 AM
    PCN from VCS - Stopping at Liverpool Airport 4th Feb 17 at 10:37 AM
    Hello,

RK has received a PCN from VCS for 'stopping on a roadway where stopping is prohibited' on the approach to Liverpool Airport. There is no intention to pay but just wanted to clarify the best way to respond (the last time a PCN was received the advice was to ignore completely, but it seems that advice has changed in the years since). According to the newbies thread the appropriate response is:

Dear Vehicle Control Services Ltd.,

Re: PCN number x

I am the keeper of the vehicle and am aware of your purported 'parking charge'. The driver will not be identified. I require the following information so that I can make an informed decision:

1. Who is the party that contracted with your company?
    2. Is your charge based on damages for breach of contract? Answer yes or no.
    3. Please provide photos of the signs that you say were on site and which you contend formed a contract with the driver.
    4. Please provide all photographs taken of this vehicle.
    5. Please provide proof that the timing of any camera used was synchronised with all other cameras and/or systems & machines.

Do not send debt collector letters and do not add any costs which would be a thinly-veiled attempt at 'double recovery'. I will not respond to debt collectors and to involve a third party would be a failure to mitigate your costs as well as deliberate and knowing misuse of my data.

Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause (e.g. if you do not fully comply with the IPC Code of Practice in terms of signage at this site, for example) please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than 250 for any Data Protection Act breach.

For the avoidance of doubt, I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle, whether you have already obtained it or not. I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days.

Yours faithfully,

x

Is this correct? There are many posts about byelaws at Liverpool Airport and the inability to read the full T&Cs on the signs (especially whilst driving) but is it right that it's not worth raising these issues and just sticking to the above letter? And after submitting the above the most likely course of events is that VCS will respond/reject the letter and it will then be passed to a DCA? And those letters should just be ignored?

Thanks in advance for your help
Page 2
    • berniesandra41
    • By berniesandra41 5th Nov 18, 2:03 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    berniesandra41
    What now?
    Hi,
    OK so the advice is to just ignore the chance of appealing to the IAS due to their 'Kangaroo Court' proceedings as I believe this usually gets you no where. However, I presume it doesn't do any harm to try as they can only reject it and you are still at the same situation.
    If they reject it or I don't bother to appeal to them I will obviously then get another letter saying fine is now 100 not 60 etc etc.
    What would then be my next step please?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 5th Nov 18, 2:08 PM
    • 20,185 Posts
    • 31,857 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Ride it out for 6 years, or defend a court claim - whichever comes first.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 5th Nov 18, 2:09 PM
    • 10,525 Posts
    • 10,924 Thanks
    KeithP
    Originally posted by berniesandra41
    Your next step is to read and understand the advice you have already been given.

Yesterday I wrote:

What should I do now?
    What you do now is read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread and if you still have questions then please start a new thread.
    Originally posted by KeithP
    Please, no more replies on this thread. Thanks.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Nov 18, 1:51 AM
    • 63,826 Posts
    • 76,450 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    IAS is not a ''chance'' and I think it damages posters' confidence when they try, thinking it will do no harm, then get told to pay and they've ''lost''.

Then the PPC scumbags have an extra string to their bow at court stage:

''Look YerHonner, we won at ADR and still this rogue parking oik didn't bend over and pay us...''.

If it were me or my relative, I would NOT try IAS for the above reasons.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 06-11-2018 at 1:54 AM.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • berniesandra41
    • By berniesandra41 9th Nov 18, 1:42 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    berniesandra41
    Thanks coupon-mad
    I presume now I simply wait for the next letter to drop on my doormat telling me they are taking me to court?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th Nov 18, 10:55 PM
    • 10,525 Posts
    • 10,924 Thanks
    KeithP
    I presume now I simply wait for the next letter to drop on my doormat telling me they are taking me to court?
    No, you have got that wrong.

Please re-read the advice you have already been given.
    • berniesandra41
    • By berniesandra41 10th Nov 18, 8:31 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    berniesandra41
    Hi again
    Thanks for your reply. Please note that at the very beginning of my stint on here I mentioned that I suffer with a mental illness and unfortunately reading lots of information doesn't sink in as I have concentration problems due to depression and anxiety. I note you say I've got it wrong to just wait for the next letter. Please be good enough to explain very briefly (so I understand fully) what it is I should now be doing then.
    Thanks to everyone for your patience with me, this is a very difficult time.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Nov 18, 8:37 PM
    • 63,826 Posts
    • 76,450 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    VCS will sue him, the person you named, so can you both cope with that?

How about a complaint to the Airport to try to get it cancelled?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Nov 18, 8:39 PM
    • 20,185 Posts
    • 31,857 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    VCS will sue him, the person you named, so can you both cope with that?

How about a complaint to the Airport to try to get it cancelled?
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    From recollection, LJLA not only get a monthly fee from VCS to farm the environs, but also a bounty from each charge paid.

Cahoots or what?
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 10th Nov 18, 9:07 PM
    • 10,525 Posts
    • 10,924 Thanks
    KeithP
    berniesandra41, it really isn't difficult.

Just looking again at the guidance you have been given:
    What you do now is read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread and if you still have questions then please start a new thread.
    Ride it out for 6 years, or defend a court claim - whichever comes first.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Please, no more replies on this thread. Thanks.
    Start at the top of that list:

1) please read the NEWBIES thread.

2) wait until you have a court claim to defend - if it ever happens.

3) start a new thread if you have any further questions.

Now, let me say it again...
    Please start a new thread if you have any questions after having read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

194Posts Today

2,475Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @laurawithers84: @MartinSLewis Our school is going to use your book for our new finance fortnight for year 8 students. We thought we wou?

• RT @katiejane13uk: ????????IMPORTANT - CALLING ALL LEASEHOLDERS TO COMPLETE???????? @mhclg Leasehold Reform Consultation closes this month. This is the?

• Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Follow Martin