Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pukkamum
    • By pukkamum 24th Sep 07, 1:00 PM
    • 3,777Posts
    • 9,159Thanks
    pukkamum
    Is your toilet cleaner than your fridge?
    • 24th Sep 07, 1:00 PM
    Is your toilet cleaner than your fridge? 24th Sep 07 at 1:00 PM
    After confessing to my terrible oven cleaning (or lack of it) it got me thinking about other neglected areas of the house. I then came to the conclusion that my toilet IS cleaner than my fridge!!!!!!!! I clean the loo every day but only do the fridge when it gets really grotty!!!!!!
    ANYONE ELSE WILLING TO CONFESS!!!!!
Page 1
  • Sola
    • 24th Sep 07, 1:06 PM
    • 24th Sep 07, 1:06 PM
    Umm, having looked at the inside of my fridge door I'm inclined to agree ...
    • pukkamum
    • By pukkamum 24th Sep 07, 1:08 PM
    • 3,777 Posts
    • 9,159 Thanks
    pukkamum
    • 24th Sep 07, 1:08 PM
    • 24th Sep 07, 1:08 PM
    lol sola go on everyone have a look you know i'm right!!!!!
    • Bogof_Babe
    • By Bogof_Babe 24th Sep 07, 1:19 PM
    • 10,159 Posts
    • 16,590 Thanks
    Bogof_Babe
    • 24th Sep 07, 1:19 PM
    • 24th Sep 07, 1:19 PM
    Yep another self-confessed fridge slut here. I sort of glance at the bits of old onion leaf in the bottom drawer and hastily shut it again.

Damn, now I feel I really must sort it out this afty :rolleyes: .
    I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe

• free4440273
    • 24th Sep 07, 1:39 PM
    • 24th Sep 07, 1:39 PM
    ^'fridge slut'
    BLOODBATH IN THE EVENING THEN? OR PERHAPS THE AFTERNOON? OR THE MORNING? OH, FORGET THIS MALARKEY!

THE KILLERS

THE PUNISHER MATURE CHEDDAR ADDICT
    • Skint_Catt
    • By Skint_Catt 24th Sep 07, 1:40 PM
    • 11,431 Posts
    • 23,689 Thanks
    Skint_Catt
    • 24th Sep 07, 1:40 PM
    • 24th Sep 07, 1:40 PM
    ^'fridge slut'
    Originally posted by free4440273
    That's too funny!
    • Bogof_Babe
    • By Bogof_Babe 24th Sep 07, 2:23 PM
    • 10,159 Posts
    • 16,590 Thanks
    Bogof_Babe
    • 24th Sep 07, 2:23 PM
    • 24th Sep 07, 2:23 PM
    Thanks for the kick up the proverbial, Pukkamum. I have just spent half an hour cleaning out all three drawers (and the yuk that was underneath them too ), and lining them with kitchen roll. I'm well chuffed with the result, that will give OH a surprise tonight! He'll think I've hired a cleaner .
    I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe

• Justamum
    • By Justamum 24th Sep 07, 2:37 PM
    • 4,685 Posts
    • 35,888 Thanks
    Justamum
    • 24th Sep 07, 2:37 PM
    • 24th Sep 07, 2:37 PM
    Guilty as charged. Especially as I've just cleaned the loo. Now, let me think when did I last clean the fridge . . .?

• lil_me
    • By lil_me 24th Sep 07, 3:01 PM
    • 13,109 Posts
    • 115,329 Thanks
    lil_me
    • 24th Sep 07, 3:01 PM
    • 24th Sep 07, 3:01 PM
    Only because I've just spilt a tub full of fresh coffee in it, in too bad a mood with myself to clean it! Will do it after picked kids up. This thread jinxed it!

Mine has natural anti bac in shelves or something too
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £250.00
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • tweetyshells
    I cleaned mine last week as i want everything clean for when we move house lol
    • Crazychik
    • By Crazychik 24th Sep 07, 3:47 PM
    • 1,986 Posts
    • 17,302 Thanks
    Crazychik
    I must admit, my fridge is only clean because I purposely cleaned it out last week, but I do agree, it is an item which gets overlooked usually.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
    • lambanana
    • By lambanana 24th Sep 07, 4:09 PM
    • 684 Posts
    • 5,375 Thanks
    lambanana
    I keep thinking I must clean the fridge...and then doing something else!
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member #398 - Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts
    CC: £6412.95 (0% APR until Feb 2015 which I'm hoping is also my DFD!)
    Currently awaiting the outcome of a PPI claim which may bring forward my DFD, fingers and toes crossed!
    • Emmacw
    • By Emmacw 24th Sep 07, 4:53 PM
    • 249 Posts
    • 89 Thanks
    Emmacw
    I keep thinking I must clean the fridge...and then doing something else!
    Originally posted by lambanana
    Me too

My fridge is never empty enough to make me bother/want to clean it. Such an effort - small under the worktop one so on my hands and knees just to get the cheese out!

I want a new kitchen so I can get a proper fridge at a proper height. Scrabbling around on the floor trying to get to the back of the fridge for the mayo for packed lunches is not my idea of fun at 7am.

I like the 'fridge slut' name - very true in my case

Emma
    Nice to save.
    • pukkamum
    • By pukkamum 24th Sep 07, 5:16 PM
    • 3,777 Posts
    • 9,159 Thanks
    pukkamum
    Glad to see there are so many of us fridge sluts (fab name) out there! Right first thing tomorrow i will tackle the mouldy lettuce!!!!!!!! (unless something more urgent comes along.......................)
    • Andybez38
    • By Andybez38 24th Sep 07, 5:20 PM
    • 1,676 Posts
    • 1,130 Thanks
    Andybez38
    I !!!!! in my toilet not in my fridge. I cant see any !!!!! in the fridge apart from my unhealthy freezer meals. so i suppose they both contain !!!!!.
  • annaangeluk
    I'm a fridge slut too!! DD spilt a yogurt in there this morning that I wiped up but haven't actually cleaned the whole fridge for (quite) a few weeks!!
    Joined SW 24/02/2011 71lb/28.5lb
    -6, -2.5, -2, -1, -2 -, -2 sow, +3 (holiday), -5.5 (*) +0.5, +1, -4, -0.5(*), -3(10%!!) +0.5, -3, -1, -1(2st)
  • free4440273
    i hate to admit this but the microwave is also often 'neglected' in our household: it would help if i actually covered up items of food when (re)heating
    BLOODBATH IN THE EVENING THEN? OR PERHAPS THE AFTERNOON? OR THE MORNING? OH, FORGET THIS MALARKEY!

THE KILLERS

THE PUNISHER MATURE CHEDDAR ADDICT
  • evilwitch
    <<<<<witch hums quietly whilst trying to hide the mouldy carrot that was found lurking in fridge today>>>>
    • beemuzed
    • By beemuzed 24th Sep 07, 8:35 PM
    • 2,188 Posts
    • 20,281 Thanks
    beemuzed
    I'm a fridge slut too I guess. Guilty as charged.
    Resolution:
    Think twice before spending anything!
    • kazmeister
    • By kazmeister 24th Sep 07, 10:05 PM
    • 3,160 Posts
    • 52,856 Thanks
    kazmeister
    I like my fridge and it gets mucked out when the shopping gets put away each weekend. I use plastic boxes on some shelves to keep stuff together and theyre easy to take out and clean and it means I can get much more in the fridge.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

136Posts Today

1,489Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • "Sabrina, you're young. I'm not sure you've the experience I'm looking for in a business partner." Eh? Isn't the pr? https://t.co/IeTxBQq2OU

• I am predicting the word myself will be misused 6 times in today;s boardroom. What do yourself think? #TheApprentice

• Not sure how I ever succeeded running a successful entreprise? After all my gardening and garden design skills are? https://t.co/FFnvkjsGDU

• Follow Martin