Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jasrahal
    • By Jasrahal 29th Jan 17, 3:22 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Jasrahal
    UK Car Park Management (CPM) Parking Charge Notice
    • 29th Jan 17, 3:22 PM
    UK Car Park Management (CPM) Parking Charge Notice 29th Jan 17 at 3:22 PM
    Hi, I am writing for some help with a parking charge notice I was given by CPM on Saturday 28 January 2017. I have a permit for the car park but it was located out of sight for the attendant to see. The site name is Platts Eyot in Hampton.

I have read about CPM and how people have been able to avoid the fine. Should I send the letter as mentioned on point 3 of the NEWBIE thread to start of with.

Thanks for the help!
Page 2
    • alexwells
    • By alexwells 4th Apr 18, 6:38 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    alexwells
    update
    Update

I sent the letter on the newbies thread and have received a reply. The information below provides the main points that UKCPM are making.

- In response to the information you claim to require, UK CPM is under no obligation to provide you with all of the information you have requested
    - UK CPM does not now the land the vehicle was on, but they do hold a legal contract to monitor and maintain the area on behalf of the landowner. Therefore this entitles them to issue parking charge notices.
    - UK CPM is not prohibited to supply a copy of the contract or our client contact information due to the Data Protection Act

-Your vehicle was parked and a valid permit was not clearly displayed in the front windscreen, therefore breaching the terms and conditions stated upon all signage.
    - The parking charge notice was issued as a breach of contract occurred, the signage is the contract.

-On the 4th November 2015 the Supreme Court made judgement in the case Parking Eye vs Beavis.
    -Therefore in your letter your claims of a disproportionate fee not reflecting a genuine pre estimate of loss cannot be used as a reason for an appeal.

-We are not obliged to provide a contract to a motorist, our signage would not be in place if we did not have landowner authorisation to issue parking charge notices.
    - There are many warning signs throughout the development
    -Upon reading the signage you have contractually agreed to pay a parking charge fee of restrictions were breached.

-All images are of your vehicle that were taken at the time of the contravention can be viewed via paymyticket

Important Note: If we have not been made aware of the name and a current address for the service of the driver, from 1 October 2012 under Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, we do have the right, subject to the requirements of the Act, to recover the unpaid amount from the registered keeper of the vehicle at the time it was parked.

How should I proceed with this letter they have given me?

I have read the next stages on replying but I am unsure with some of the Acts and do not want to write a letter that does not address their points.
    Originally posted by Jasrahal

Hi Jasrahal, how did you get on with the dispute? I have your same issue and have opened my own thread "PCN from UK CarPark Management UK CPM"

I found that they don't really have an email to send the appeals so do you send them the correspondences via mail?

Keen to hear how you got on to make decisions on my actions as well.

Thanks!
    • pedalat
    • By pedalat 8th May 18, 7:07 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pedalat
    Can't find CPM on BPA list
    Hi all,
    First of all, thank you for all the info on these threads - they're incredibly helpful. Secondly, I have received a PCN from CPM (UK Car Park Management) after parking outside the hospital my father is in. It was in a space we were told by the hospital we could park in as long as we gave them the car reg.
    I can't find the company on the BPA list - any idea why? they say they are part of both BPA and IPC.
    Thank you in advance!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th May 18, 7:17 PM
    • 64,896 Posts
    • 77,468 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

Q - ''My PCN is from UKCPM, or UKCPS, or Millennium (etc.) and it/the signs say they are both BPA & IPC members?''

A - NO, THEY ARE NOT, AND PLEASE NO MORE THREADS ASKING THIS!
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5784929
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,904Posts Today

7,719Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter poll: On Brexit, which is more important to you right now certainty or outcome. Ie would you prefe? https://t.co/En38QfRh3o

• Many saying sexism or ego. My suspicion as someone who works in TV is that this is a format point. I'd think whe? https://t.co/AXfrv5YqKA

• I do always ponder when watching apprentice why Lord Sugar is "Lord Sugar" but Baroness Bradey is Karen. #bbctheapprentice

• Follow Martin