Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jasrahal
    • By Jasrahal 29th Jan 17, 3:22 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Jasrahal
    UK Car Park Management (CPM) Parking Charge Notice
    • 29th Jan 17, 3:22 PM
    UK Car Park Management (CPM) Parking Charge Notice 29th Jan 17 at 3:22 PM
    Hi, I am writing for some help with a parking charge notice I was given by CPM on Saturday 28 January 2017. I have a permit for the car park but it was located out of sight for the attendant to see. The site name is Platts Eyot in Hampton.

I have read about CPM and how people have been able to avoid the fine. Should I send the letter as mentioned on point 3 of the NEWBIE thread to start of with.

Thanks for the help!
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 29th Jan 17, 3:24 PM
    • 18,363 Posts
    • 23,265 Thanks
    Redx
    • 29th Jan 17, 3:24 PM
    • 29th Jan 17, 3:24 PM
    its an invoice , not a "fine"

check which AOS they belong to and use the correct template at the appropriate time (if this was a windscreen ticket)

and get the landholder to cancel it , that is your best option

avoiding it is not an option, getting it cancelled is the correct option
    Last edited by Redx; 02-02-2017 at 12:15 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 29th Jan 17, 3:37 PM
    • 36,811 Posts
    • 83,297 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 29th Jan 17, 3:37 PM
    • 29th Jan 17, 3:37 PM
    You need the IPC template from the NEWBIES thread.
    As Redx has said, it is not a fine.

Don't appeal too soon either. This is all explained in the NEWBIES. Make sure you don't miss the appeal deadline which could be 21 or 28 days.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Jasrahal
    • By Jasrahal 2nd Feb 17, 12:13 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Jasrahal
    • 2nd Feb 17, 12:13 PM
    • 2nd Feb 17, 12:13 PM
    How long should I wait to appeal. The letter says appeals should be made within 21 days.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 2nd Feb 17, 12:16 PM
    • 18,363 Posts
    • 23,265 Thanks
    Redx
    • 2nd Feb 17, 12:16 PM
    • 2nd Feb 17, 12:16 PM
    How long should I wait to appeal. The letter says appeals should be made within 21 days.
    Originally posted by Jasrahal
    the NEWBIES sticky thread tells you all this (you have read it , havent you ?)

its got to be with them by day 21 for IPC members

so day 19

even their letter tells you this fact !
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Jasrahal
    • By Jasrahal 21st Feb 17, 9:38 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Jasrahal
    • 21st Feb 17, 9:38 PM
    • 21st Feb 17, 9:38 PM
    Update

I sent the letter on the newbies thread and have received a reply. The information below provides the main points that UKCPM are making.

- In response to the information you claim to require, UK CPM is under no obligation to provide you with all of the information you have requested
    - UK CPM does not now the land the vehicle was on, but they do hold a legal contract to monitor and maintain the area on behalf of the landowner. Therefore this entitles them to issue parking charge notices.
    - UK CPM is not prohibited to supply a copy of the contract or our client contact information due to the Data Protection Act

-Your vehicle was parked and a valid permit was not clearly displayed in the front windscreen, therefore breaching the terms and conditions stated upon all signage.
    - The parking charge notice was issued as a breach of contract occurred, the signage is the contract.

-On the 4th November 2015 the Supreme Court made judgement in the case Parking Eye vs Beavis.
    -Therefore in your letter your claims of a disproportionate fee not reflecting a genuine pre estimate of loss cannot be used as a reason for an appeal.

-We are not obliged to provide a contract to a motorist, our signage would not be in place if we did not have landowner authorisation to issue parking charge notices.
    - There are many warning signs throughout the development
    -Upon reading the signage you have contractually agreed to pay a parking charge fee of restrictions were breached.

-All images are of your vehicle that were taken at the time of the contravention can be viewed via paymyticket

Important Note: If we have not been made aware of the name and a current address for the service of the driver, from 1 October 2012 under Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, we do have the right, subject to the requirements of the Act, to recover the unpaid amount from the registered keeper of the vehicle at the time it was parked.

How should I proceed with this letter they have given me?

I have read the next stages on replying but I am unsure with some of the Acts and do not want to write a letter that does not address their points.
    • Jasrahal
    • By Jasrahal 21st Feb 17, 10:35 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Jasrahal
    • 21st Feb 17, 10:35 PM
    • 21st Feb 17, 10:35 PM
    I have just done some further reading and found that I should have printed my name in the letter, is this correct? If so I will send another letter straight away.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Feb 17, 10:47 PM
    • 58,533 Posts
    • 72,030 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 21st Feb 17, 10:47 PM
    • 21st Feb 17, 10:47 PM
    I am surprised people flounder at this point and want a 'next step' or next letter'.

There isn't one and post #3 of the NEWBIES thread about IAS stage makes that clear. You challenged once, which is all that is worth doing, now sit tight like every single other poster here with an IPC firm's 'PCN'. Come back if you get a Gladstones Court claim to knock down.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Jasrahal
    • By Jasrahal 21st Feb 17, 11:07 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Jasrahal
    • 21st Feb 17, 11:07 PM
    • 21st Feb 17, 11:07 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply, I really appreciate the help. Do I not need to send another letter stating my name. I read on another forum with a reply from yourself about stating your name?

"Why didn't you put your name and address? Makes no sense and in the NEWBIES thread it clearly says always give the keeper's name and address (but sign with a squiggle so they don't get your real signature). Of course they would do this."

"In your case because you haven't clarified who you were at that address, I would respond just once more and say your appeal was from yourself and you are the registered keeper (this time put your name and that same 'new' address and PCN number and their ref, everything they need except who was driving). State that the driver will not be identified and should they pursue the matter they will have to rely upon full compliance with the POFA 2012 as well as prominent and clear signage and proof of a contract, none of which do you think they have established."
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Feb 17, 11:12 PM
    • 58,533 Posts
    • 72,030 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    How did you sign or finish the letter then and how did they reply, or was it all by email with no actual 'name' given for you?

Either way I would let them get the data from the DVLA next month, as long as you are the keeper on the V5 (not a company or lease car).
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Jasrahal
    • By Jasrahal 21st Feb 17, 11:31 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Jasrahal
    I finished the letter with:

Yours Faithfully

The Keeper

Yes I am the registered keeper of the car, it is not a company or lease car.

They replied by saying: "Important Note: If we have not been made aware of the name and a current address for the service of the driver, from 1 October 2012 under Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, we do have the right, subject to the requirements of the Act, to recover the unpaid amount from the registered keeper of the vehicle at the time it was parked."
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Feb 17, 1:26 AM
    • 58,533 Posts
    • 72,030 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    That's not an important note. We all know that, so wait and sit tight, no next step. DO NOT PAY.

Same as every IPC thread, all the same, challenge once then sit tight till small claim, like here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5606974

The NEWBIES thread already says this.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 22-02-2017 at 1:30 AM.

• Johnersh
    • By Johnersh 6th Jul 17, 7:12 AM
    • 1,070 Posts
    • 2,069 Thanks
    Johnersh
    FWIW the data protection act precludes the disclosure of personal information held. The title to a property is not personal information (its a matter of public registration). Thus the correct signatories are easily worked out.

You seeking clarification as to the terms of a contract with the landowner is not a breach of their data and, if it were, the contract could be disclosed with the landowner name deleted. The reason for not disclosing the contract can only be that there is concern that a % of them will be found to be defective. We don't know whether UK CPM signs adequately reflect the enforcement that they were contracted to provide. For example if landowner seeks 9-5 enforcement and signage says 24hr enforcement, UK CPM are not empowered to ticket 24hrs - whatever the sign says.

Since the PPC entitlement to even be on the land and ticket - let alone commence proceedings - depends on that contract I'd argue (and have argued) that defendants should have a copy long before proceedings start.
    • jake_b
    • By jake_b 25th Jan 18, 9:56 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jake_b
    Solicitors letter
    Hello All,

Would really appreciate your help, I live in a block that is managed by UK car park management ltd and they issued me a ticket about 2 months ago which I ignored and now gladstones solicitors have sent me a letter regarding the ticket.

Does anyone have a template to send them please? Do I just ignore it or will they go the full 100 yards?

I have had one previously when I parked in a car park near Milton Keynes and ignored it and they kept sending more letters but never actually came true and all correspondence stopped.

Would really appreciate your help in this annoying situation, given that I pay a service charge for the car parking and own the spot to then have to pay a so called fine for me parking there. My permit wasn't shown and they have photos.

Many thanks
    Jake
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 25th Jan 18, 10:21 AM
    • 8,639 Posts
    • 8,982 Thanks
    pogofish
    Please don't hijack threads - you agreed not to as part of your signup.

Read the Newbies Sticky, then start your own thread for best help here.
    • Phil1976
    • By Phil1976 28th Jan 18, 1:33 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Phil1976
    Advice on next step with UKCPM
    Hi, I would like some advice on the correct next step I should take with UKCPM.

I was given 2 tickets by UKCPM when parked at a hospital. On both tickets I input my other vehicle registration. Both tickets were paid for for the full amount, however the second ticket I couldn't get on the app in time, (as my son had been rushed into the hospital so it wasn't at the top of my agenda), however I did pay for the right amount albeit a few hours later.

I have appealed it with UKCPM but appear to have received a generic reply saying :-

- I have failed to pay for full duration, they can't find payment on the other reg (which is odd as I have receipts)

- Signage is clear saying "YOU MUST ENTER FULL, CORRECT VEHICLE REGISTRATION"

- Another one about the signage being clear.

- I didn't pay full duration so in breach of the termsand conditions.

I really would like advice on how to proceed with this as I have queried these before with POPLA and won (but that was in a Macdonalds) but have read POPLA might not be as helpful as before.

Also there is no mention of POPLA on my letter just says I should appeal to the IAS.

Really not sure how to proceed or if I even can, any advise would be grateful.

Thanks
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 28th Jan 18, 2:58 PM
    • 7,713 Posts
    • 7,457 Thanks
    KeithP
    Phil1976, please read the post immediately above yours.
    • aliciaarchie
    • By aliciaarchie 9th Mar 18, 11:06 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    aliciaarchie
    Hi all,

I would really appreciate some help with the following matter.

I own a freehold house on a housing complex. The housing developers decided to introduce UK Car Park Management to the complex to handle the parking issue we had on the site due to us being near a train station and residents not being able to park in their parking spots. Subsequently we were issued with permits to which both my daughter and I had displayed our permits in our cars.
    Just after Christmas a number of letters came through the post with parking charges, the reason being our permits weren’t 100% visible. The photos they provided on the penalty letters show our permits in the car. Unfortunately due to general movement the permits had slipped and you couldn’t see our parking bay number all the clearly, 13 tickets have now issued to both my daughter and I.
    We never received a penalty charge on our cars for any of the tickets, if we had we could have rectified the issue and saved receiving a further 12 tickets.

I have appealed to an independent party but unfortunately the judge sided with CPM.

Not sure on where to go from here, any info is really appreciated.

Thank you!
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 9th Mar 18, 11:17 AM
    • 2,765 Posts
    • 3,438 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Start your own thread. Why on earth you think its sensible to bury your issue at te end of someone elses is beyond me. It disrupts their thread, and makes info relating to yours tricky to find.

By "independent party" who do you mean? IAS? They dont use "judges" if so!

Start a new thread.
    • aliciaarchie
    • By aliciaarchie 9th Mar 18, 11:44 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    aliciaarchie
    Sorry, I'm new to this. I'll start a new thread, no need to be so rude!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

225Posts Today

2,757Users online

Martin's Twitter