Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 26th Jan 17, 11:02 AM
    • 94Posts
    • 25Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Breeze Energy reviews: Give your feedback
    • 26th Jan 17, 11:02 AM
    Breeze Energy reviews: Give your feedback 26th Jan 17 at 11:02 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Breeze Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 07-09-2017 at 4:29 PM.
Page 2
    • gordonbennet
    • By gordonbennet 2nd May 18, 9:36 PM
    • 201 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    gordonbennet
    Duel fuel only
    I wanted to join Breeze as they now offer the best electricity rates for my property, but during application they said that they only offer dual fuel at the moment - which counts me out.
    I'm not a lawyer, so this is just my opinion. Don't go acting on legal advice you get from a stranger on the internet!
    • WhoIsThat
    • By WhoIsThat 3rd May 18, 10:13 AM
    • 129 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    WhoIsThat
    Brave people running Breeze. Latest filed accounts show 3 staff (including 2 Directors) and liabilities of £370k.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    So that will be one less employee than everyone's favourite, Zog Energy, have (including Zog's 2 directors), or the same number that Zog had the previous year...
    • WhoIsThat
    • By WhoIsThat 3rd May 18, 10:21 AM
    • 129 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    WhoIsThat
    I wanted to join Breeze as they now offer the best electricity rates for my property, but during application they said that they only offer dual fuel at the moment - which counts me out.
    Originally posted by gordonbennet
    Where/how were you alerted to their electricity rates?

You are correct, it clearly states on the first page of their quote screen

Please Note: We can only supply on a dual fuel basis at this time.
    You shouldn't be offered Breeze Energy by any comparison site unless you are looking only at dual fuel tariffs.

Also Breeze do not currently support E7 or prepayment meters either.

They are one of the new start up suppliers, and as such, it is not unusual for such new suppliers to be very selective as to what they offer/serve whilst they build up their business.
    • Lovejoy0_1
    • By Lovejoy0_1 3rd May 18, 11:09 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lovejoy0_1
    Breeze energy switch
    Would love to switch but their web site say only duel fuel.....we on Oil!
    • ubrain
    • By ubrain 26th May 18, 11:46 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    ubrain
    Just got a reminder to submit meter readings.
    When I logged in, none of my previous readings are in my account.
    OK, it shows a credit as a result of payments made but where have my previously submitted readings gone? Bizarre.

Anyone know if they've had an IT issue?
    • newboyontheblock
    • By newboyontheblock 31st May 18, 10:33 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    newboyontheblock
    In process of changing to them now. Gave meter readings yesterday. Expect to save about £200 this coming year based on increase in old suppliers tariffs. Will report back in a couple of months. Stay warm people.
    Originally posted by newboyontheblock
    Hi again, back with update, all going to plan, record meter reading every month, in credit at the moment but expect that to be dwindling come the colder months. Still on target to save about £200. AND other suppliers now increasing tariffs.
    • Space Captain
    • By Space Captain 1st Jun 18, 8:20 AM
    • 98 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Space Captain
    I've been with them about 3 months. Going well so far and submitting my own readings when they send an email reminder.
    Their website is a bit basic but shows I am in credit.
    • billdeven
    • By billdeven 2nd Jun 18, 12:50 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    billdeven
    Anyone know why Breeze has disappeared from Cheap Energy Club? About to sign up with them, but suddenly the tariff has gone from my price comparison. Is there a problem like Iresa?
    I notice that Breeze Energy in Texas has gone bust today. Hopefully just a coincidence!
    • Stompa
    • By Stompa 5th Jun 18, 5:13 PM
    • 7,783 Posts
    • 3,815 Thanks
    Stompa
    Anyone know why Breeze has disappeared from Cheap Energy Club? About to sign up with them, but suddenly the tariff has gone from my price comparison
    Originally posted by billdeven
    I was wondering about that too. Utility Point also seems to have disappeared.
    Stompa
    • dali21
    • By dali21 27th Jun 18, 8:12 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    dali21
    I joined Breeze Energy in May. The transfer went smoothly and have just had my first bill.

I have only contacted customer service once by email and have to say they are quick at responding and certainly quicker than my previous supplier who took about a week.

So a month in, all good so far but will report back in a few months.
    • Jukie1798
    • By Jukie1798 5th Jul 18, 12:31 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jukie1798
    Breeze Energy
    I switched last year from one of the main energy suppliers who quoted me £88 per month just for gas and £45 for electric. I've had no problems at all and glad I've switched, I pay £88 for dual fuel. My tariff is due to end on 16 July and I will be staying with Breeze on their new tariff which will be £85 per month.
    Saving over £40 per month compared with my previous supplier so no complaints from me.
    • quaybab
    • By quaybab 12th Aug 18, 3:30 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    quaybab
    short life
    resolver.co.uk refuses to include this company so don't expect breeze to be operating for very long.
    • darthpaul6
    • By darthpaul6 4th Sep 18, 4:11 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    darthpaul6
    resolver.co.uk refuses to include this company so don't expect breeze to be operating for very long.
    Originally posted by quaybab
    Are you able to elaborate? Presumably you've asked Resolver to include them and they've refused. Did they specify why?
    • Fireball68
    • By Fireball68 5th Sep 18, 2:39 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Fireball68
    Switching to Breeze
    Hi,

Apologies for not letting you know how i got on sooner? Switched to Breeze from First Utility went well and so far all is going well? No price increases as yet so all hunky dory? Thanks to MSE for your help!!?
    • darthpaul6
    • By darthpaul6 7th Sep 18, 2:34 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    darthpaul6
    Well, I took the plunge... too early, it seems. This means I'll end up switching ten days before my current (cheaper) fix runs out.
    Unfortunately they can't amend that, but did offer me the opportunity to ditch the switch and start again in ten days' time. For the sake of a small amount it wasn't worth the effort, but their customer service was very quick to reply, which is encouraging. Probably worth the extra cost just to test that out!
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 7th Sep 18, 2:45 PM
    • 2,062 Posts
    • 242 Thanks
    katies mum
    I was an Iresa customer and could not fault them for the 18 months I was with them. I started a switch to Breeze this morning from Octopus, within minutes of me pressing the button to switch, I had welcome email, the another welcome email with T & C and Welcome pack and then another email with details of my direct debit. Will also get cash back to my Santander account.
    • Jules1988
    • By Jules1988 21st Sep 18, 12:09 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Jules1988
    Breeze energy switch
    Hi my feedback for this company.. Last October I took the plunge and switched from British Gas, been with them a long time X on a smart metre.. All went smooth based on the previous years energy usage they set up my DD at £64:83 variable as it can change if use more or less energy .In the welcome letter they said this would be reviewed every 3 months , but to send in a reading ( gas X elec) so as to avoid estimated bills... Last winter as all will remember was horrendous ... (we actually had a proper winter) I checked on my bills and they were receiving my readings . Thought no more as we have had many things to contend with this year. We came off holiday in June and I was late with my reading a few days but sent it in and had a confirmation received .. Looking then on my statements only to see they hadn't changed or reviewed the DD and now building up a backlog of debt it seams. Don't really understand how it works as it said in their letter to me but they haven't followed through , earlier this week I contacted them by email they said ' you only pay for the energy you use' ' we review every 3 months to ensure no estimated bills. I replied this isn't the case has you haven't reviewed and I'm now in massive debt! , plus in your letter to me it states to send in readings to avoid estimated bills ... They have not replied and its all gone quiet that was 13/09/18 😫😫😳😳
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 21st Sep 18, 1:10 PM
    • 2,062 Posts
    • 242 Thanks
    katies mum
    Hope you manage to get it sorted, our switch is meant to go through in just over a week.
    • Oll
    • By Oll 21st Sep 18, 6:09 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Oll
    Switching was very easy, Breeze have a very easy to use website, very simple. the energy club tells me im now on the cheapest deal and I would recommend Breeze to all. Prices and account balances very easy to access, unlike most major companies' websites. Monthly meter reading required as they don't do smart meters, but this is better than having a smart meter, which I think is sooner or later to be used to charge premium prices for energy used at peak periods...……….
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 24th Sep 18, 12:23 PM
    • 2,062 Posts
    • 242 Thanks
    katies mum
    Just received my meter reading request from Breeze for my switch from Octopus. Logged into my account, input the readings and they were showing on my Breeze account within 2 minutes together with an email confirming the readings. Not sure how long the switch will take from now.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

272Posts Today

1,314Users online

Martin's Twitter