Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gjsutcliffe
    • By gjsutcliffe 24th Jan 17, 3:47 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    gjsutcliffe
    Yet Another Parcel2Go Nightmare
    • 24th Jan 17, 3:47 PM
    Yet Another Parcel2Go Nightmare 24th Jan 17 at 3:47 PM
    I'll start by saying - NEVER EVER BOTHER USING THESE GUYS.

I sent a set of golf clubs from London to Cardiff (my own personal set) so I could play over Christmas. They were picked up on the 20th of December from my offices and haven't been seen since. The last track of this was leaving their London depot on the 20th.

These things happen and Christmas is a busy time, so I put a claim in on the 6th of January to get them to look for it or to declare it was lost so I can claim this back from the company (I have most of the receipts for the clubs expect for the irons which are 1 years old).

We get to the 24th of January and it's still "under investigation" and I'm just getting fed the same old garbage from all of their team that it's been "raised with ParcelForce", it's been "escalated with ParcelForce", it's "under further investigation" etc etc. In the meantime, I've managed to speak with ParcelForce who have conducted 2 searches of the London and Newport (it's next destination) and they haven't found it (bare in mind this is a BIG SET OF GOLF CLUBS IN A BIG BLACK BAG).

It's pretty obvious there are two things going on here:

1) Parcel2Go know that it's lost and are just longing the process out as the claim is £1,250+
    2) Their customer service department is so appalling that it's taken them 18 days to do a search and they still can't find it or even bothered to try.

When do I proceed with this to a small claims court?

It's been over 30 days since they've lost my golf clubs and over 18 days since I've made the claim.

Thanks for you help
    Last edited by gjsutcliffe; 24-01-2017 at 5:38 PM.
Page 2
    • mrcol1000
    • By mrcol1000 16th Feb 18, 1:56 PM
    • 4,579 Posts
    • 3,942 Thanks
    mrcol1000
    Why did parcel2go refuse your compensation claim and what does the tracking show? Also what was the item? It makes a huge difference before you start down the legal route.
    • Brooker Dave
    • By Brooker Dave 20th Feb 18, 10:54 AM
    • 4,913 Posts
    • 3,152 Thanks
    Brooker Dave
    No defence for negligence, parcel companies know this, but wriggle, LBA and then moneyclaim
    "Love you Dave Brooker! x"

"i sent a letter headded sales of god act 1979"
    • martindow
    • By martindow 20th Feb 18, 12:17 PM
    • 7,830 Posts
    • 4,496 Thanks
    martindow
    No defence for negligence, parcel companies know this, but wriggle, LBA and then moneyclaim
    Originally posted by Brooker Dave
    I'm not sure it's as black and white as you suggest.. Any system carrying huge numbers of items is going to have a few lost or damaged parcels each day.

If you are offered extra insurance cover and refuse to take it up the company could argue quite validly that you knew the risk you were taking on. If the judge agrees you've lost the fee for going to court as well as taking a loss on the parcel.
    • Brooker Dave
    • By Brooker Dave 20th Feb 18, 3:31 PM
    • 4,913 Posts
    • 3,152 Thanks
    Brooker Dave
    The theory is that if it's damaged they can blame poor packaging, but if they lose it, it's 100% negligence.

I've often wondered how they can sell insurance but don't seem to be regulated?
    "Love you Dave Brooker! x"

"i sent a letter headded sales of god act 1979"
    • Elektriksheep
    • By Elektriksheep 26th Apr 18, 5:42 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Elektriksheep
    Just to add my experience to the evidence against them...

Parcel2Go sent the wrong courier to collect my parcel and then made it out to be my fault and then they lost the parcel which was worth £200 and then said because it was my fault and they would not reimburse me for the loss of the parcel.

Very very angry. I have been in constant contact with them over the last month or so and they have been stringing me along promising that I would be reimbursed. Now, over a month later they are saying they will not reimburse me for a penny.

My parcel was worth £200!!! And it was fully insured, and it was their fault the whole problem came about in the first place. They are taking absolutely no responsibility for sending the wrong courier to collect the item after that collection was cancelled and they are taking no responsibility for losing my parcel. Outrageous. I am very angry. I am now going to go to every review site and social media site that features Parcel2Go and tell other people what I have experienced, and I will post on all my social media channels and accounts about how bad this company is and advise people never to use them. And I hope through doing this that Parcel2Go will lose out on more than £200 worth of custom. I hope it would've been cheaper for them to just do the right thing and reimburse me for the parcel they lost.
    • Brynsam
    • By Brynsam 26th Apr 18, 8:02 PM
    • 1,684 Posts
    • 1,234 Thanks
    Brynsam
    Just to add my experience to the evidence against them...

Parcel2Go sent the wrong courier to collect my parcel and then made it out to be my fault and then they lost the parcel which was worth £200 and then said because it was my fault and they would not reimburse me for the loss of the parcel.

Very very angry. I have been in constant contact with them over the last month or so and they have been stringing me along promising that I would be reimbursed. Now, over a month later they are saying they will not reimburse me for a penny.

My parcel was worth £200!!! And it was fully insured, and it was their fault the whole problem came about in the first place. They are taking absolutely no responsibility for sending the wrong courier to collect the item after that collection was cancelled and they are taking no responsibility for losing my parcel. Outrageous. I am very angry. I am now going to go to every review site and social media site that features Parcel2Go and tell other people what I have experienced, and I will post on all my social media channels and accounts about how bad this company is and advise people never to use them. And I hope through doing this that Parcel2Go will lose out on more than £200 worth of custom. I hope it would've been cheaper for them to just do the right thing and reimburse me for the parcel they lost.
    Originally posted by Elektriksheep
    You only need to post this once per forum...gets tedious after that. Issue an online money claim instead of wasting time doing duplicate postings here.
    • Sparts
    • By Sparts 1st May 18, 12:13 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Sparts
    I added this in another thread also - Parcel2go do not offer insurance.
    It's called "Parcel Protection". Do not (as most do) make the mistake of thinking you are taking out insurance. Any payment under their parcel protection is at their discretion and as far as I understand things, they are not authorised or regulated to offer insurance.

I asked them for T&C's for their insurance - they don't have any.
    Last edited by Sparts; 01-05-2018 at 12:18 PM.
    • martindow
    • By martindow 2nd May 18, 10:37 AM
    • 7,830 Posts
    • 4,496 Thanks
    martindow
    I added this in another thread also - Parcel2go do not offer insurance.
    It's called "Parcel Protection". Do not (as most do) make the mistake of thinking you are taking out insurance. Any payment under their parcel protection is at their discretion and as far as I understand things, they are not authorised or regulated to offer insurance.

I asked them for T&C's for their insurance - they don't have any.
    Originally posted by Sparts
    Why do you make a distinction between insurance and protection?

Presumably you would need to have paid the extra fee for cover, be able to provide evidence of value and be sure it is not in this list of prohibited items or things they exclude from insurance

https://www.parcel2go.com/prohibited-items
    • SayerDM
    • By SayerDM 11th May 18, 9:36 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SayerDM
    My parcel has been missing since 6 April worth £205. Tracking shows as collected from seller but no further tracking information. The parcel apparently reached the depot but has not been seen since? I chose not to take out the extra cover as I dont see why I should have to pay for additional cover. Hermes claim the parcel is ďlostĒ P2G refuse to pay out more than £40 compensation as I didnít take out the extra cover. Surely they have broken the contract we entered into as they failed to deliver my goods. Has anyone in my situation actually won against this god awful company? I have spent the past 5 weeks continually sending emails and getting nowhere. Thanks
    • martindow
    • By martindow 12th May 18, 10:29 AM
    • 7,830 Posts
    • 4,496 Thanks
    martindow
    My parcel has been missing since 6 April worth £205. Tracking shows as collected from seller but no further tracking information. The parcel apparently reached the depot but has not been seen since? I chose not to take out the extra cover as I dont see why I should have to pay for additional cover. Hermes claim the parcel is ďlostĒ P2G refuse to pay out more than £40 compensation as I didnít take out the extra cover. Surely they have broken the contract we entered into as they failed to deliver my goods. Has anyone in my situation actually won against this god awful company? I have spent the past 5 weeks continually sending emails and getting nowhere. Thanks
    Originally posted by SayerDM
    Are you the seller or the recipient? If you're the recipient it's the seller's problem. If you're the seller and you chose not to pay for cover so you took the risk.

Having said that, somewhere recently there were posts on this forum regarding cases where carriers have been taken to court and paid out.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 12th May 18, 1:13 PM
    • 34,142 Posts
    • 29,019 Thanks
    custardy
    Do you see now?
    • SayerDM
    • By SayerDM 13th May 18, 8:09 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SayerDM
    I am the buyer but arranged collection from the seller. The item was sold via EBay as collection only (we live in Kent but collection was Chester) but they agreed we could arrange a courier.

P2G claim they did not lose the parcel and therefore they are not liable, Hermes claim my contract is with P2G so they are not liable. Someone has to take the blame - I asked for driver details but apparently they are self employed so under data protection Hermes cannot pass these on. Iím my mind if there is no evidence the parcel reached the depot then it must be stolen?

P2G keep throwing their T&Cs at me because I did not pay for extra protection but surely these are void if they didnít deliver the parcel as the contract is broken?
    • custardy
    • By custardy 13th May 18, 8:40 AM
    • 34,142 Posts
    • 29,019 Thanks
    custardy
    I am the buyer but arranged collection from the seller. The item was sold via EBay as collection only (we live in Kent but collection was Chester) but they agreed we could arrange a courier.

P2G claim they did not lose the parcel and therefore they are not liable, Hermes claim my contract is with P2G so they are not liable. Someone has to take the blame - I asked for driver details but apparently they are self employed so under data protection Hermes cannot pass these on. Iím my mind if there is no evidence the parcel reached the depot then it must be stolen?

P2G keep throwing their T&Cs at me because I did not pay for extra protection but surely these are void if they didnít deliver the parcel as the contract is broken?
    I have to wonder,what exactly were you going to ask the driver?
    Seriously,what did you expect to gain from this?
    I suggest you go straight to court. You will not be interested in any other advice or replies so save the wasted time all round.
    • Rosemary7391
    • By Rosemary7391 13th May 18, 8:03 PM
    • 2,427 Posts
    • 4,082 Thanks
    Rosemary7391
    Imagine you pick up a box and deliver it for £2 a time. If it's worth £20 you're quite happy to pay out if you lose it because you don't lose many. If it's worth £100 you might be a bit less happy because you've got to deliver another 100+ parcels to make back the cost (more than 50 because it costs you petrol etc). If it's worth £200,000 you might well just not take it because you'll be bankrupt if you lose it and that's a risk you don't want to take. If someone hands you a £200,000 parcel but tells you it's only worth £20 you're gonna be pretty miffed if you lose it and they suddenly want £200,000!

Numbers exaggerated, but parcel companies aren't so different. They don't want to go bankrupt if they lose the crown jewels, or if the parcels they do lose turn out to be more expensive than they allowed for. They move cheap stuff cheaply. That's their deal. You want a different deal, you need to tell them up front and make it worth their while.
    Slinkies 2018 Challenge - 0/80lb lost
    • simoncharly
    • By simoncharly 26th May 18, 4:50 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    simoncharly
    Parcels2go failed to even ship my parcel without any valid reason or communication to say otherwise. After contacting them for nearly a month to get it returned to the sending address, I was then told my parcel, valued at over 6.5k had just been left by the front door and not signed for. They also refused to refund my fees of nearly £400, despite not delivering any service. Customer service is none existent, and thatís when you actually get a reply. Having seen so many complaints by other people and their bad experiences, I would strongly suggest not using them and shipping direct with the courier. The saving of a couple of pounds is not worth it as you have no control over your parcel, once they have messed it up, and neither does the carrier as they wonít help you either as the contract is between Parcels2go and them, not you. Iíd strongly advise staying clear of them if you want your parcel sending and value customer service. I am also referring this to Trading Standards due to my frustrations and the subsequent costs incurred.
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 26th May 18, 8:13 AM
    • 3,538 Posts
    • 1,994 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    To be honest, if I had a parcel worth 6.5K and was quoted £400 delivery by parcel2go, I would take it there myself.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 26th May 18, 10:41 AM
    • 61,084 Posts
    • 43,639 Thanks
    soolin
    To be honest, if I had a parcel worth 6.5K and was quoted £400 delivery by parcel2go, I would take it there myself.
    Originally posted by ballisticbrian
    Whilst I do feel sorry for the OP I have to agree. I certainly wouldn't be looking to shave a few pounds off a quote by using a broker who puts their own terms and conditions over the top of the chosen courier .
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,368Posts Today

8,634Users online

Martin's Twitter