Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 21st Jan 17, 11:01 PM
    • 6,037Posts
    • 2,745Thanks
    LeeUK
    ASDA Jet Wash
    • 21st Jan 17, 11:01 PM
    ASDA Jet Wash 21st Jan 17 at 11:01 PM
    Anyone know if they have a 'closing time' on the jet wash at Asda petrol stations?

My local one is open 24hrs for the pay@pumps so I'm wondering if they leave the jet wash on too. I want to pop out and wash my car tonight while it's quiet. Don't like going when it's busy as I feel rushed when people are waiting.
Page 1
    • docmatt
    • By docmatt 22nd Jan 17, 12:04 AM
    • 885 Posts
    • 456 Thanks
    docmatt
    • 22nd Jan 17, 12:04 AM
    • 22nd Jan 17, 12:04 AM
    I'd just ask the people at the kiosk. You'll need to buy tokens from them anyway don't you? Or is it money straight into the machine?
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 22nd Jan 17, 12:08 AM
    • 6,037 Posts
    • 2,745 Thanks
    LeeUK
    • 22nd Jan 17, 12:08 AM
    • 22nd Jan 17, 12:08 AM
    I'd just ask the people at the kiosk. You'll need to buy tokens from them anyway don't you? Or is it money straight into the machine?
    Originally posted by docmatt
    Not sure never used Asda's jet wash before. Usually use one at a different garage and they take coins straight into the machine.
    • docmatt
    • By docmatt 22nd Jan 17, 12:09 AM
    • 885 Posts
    • 456 Thanks
    docmatt
    • 22nd Jan 17, 12:09 AM
    • 22nd Jan 17, 12:09 AM
    Anyway won't it be dark?
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 22nd Jan 17, 12:24 AM
    • 6,037 Posts
    • 2,745 Thanks
    LeeUK
    • 22nd Jan 17, 12:24 AM
    • 22nd Jan 17, 12:24 AM
    They have lights do they not.
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 22nd Jan 17, 1:39 AM
    • 6,037 Posts
    • 2,745 Thanks
    LeeUK
    • 22nd Jan 17, 1:39 AM
    • 22nd Jan 17, 1:39 AM
    It's ok, I remembered about one on a local industrial estate which I thought might be open 24/7, so just been for a drive up and it is indeed open 24 hours.

Car spick n span now, first time it's been cleaned since last summer.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 22nd Jan 17, 10:54 AM
    • 34,022 Posts
    • 28,926 Thanks
    custardy
    • 22nd Jan 17, 10:54 AM
    • 22nd Jan 17, 10:54 AM
    For future ref. Our local Asda with coin fed jet washes runs 24/7 alongside the pay @ pump.
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 17th Apr 18, 4:19 PM
    • 6,037 Posts
    • 2,745 Thanks
    LeeUK
    • 17th Apr 18, 4:19 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 4:19 PM
    Just been to Asda petrol station and they have installed a brand new jet wash bay so decided to use it as my car was covered in dust from a neighbour's building work.

1 for 3 minutes soapy wash then another 1 for 3 minutes high pressure rinse. Bargain! I was paying 1 for 90 seconds at the place on the industrial estate.

• IanMSpencer
    • By IanMSpencer 17th Apr 18, 5:05 PM
    • 1,463 Posts
    • 1,083 Thanks
    IanMSpencer
    • 17th Apr 18, 5:05 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 5:05 PM
    Not all car washes are allowed to operate 24/7 if there are neighbours to disturb - depends on their planning permission (obviously an industrial estate is less likely to have issues with noise nuisance).

Our local car wash has doors for noise reduction.
    • Norman Castle
    • By Norman Castle 17th Apr 18, 7:42 PM
    • 7,423 Posts
    • 6,185 Thanks
    Norman Castle
    1 for 3 minutes soapy wash then another 1 for 3 minutes high pressure rinse. Bargain! I was paying 1 for 90 seconds at the place on the industrial estate.
    Originally posted by LeeUK
    For an extra 50p you can watch someone else do it and they probably do a better job than you blasting it with a jet wash.
    This may be mse but for me the extra 1 on twice yearly car washing is an indulgence I'm happy to fund
    Don't harass a hippie. You'll get bad karma.

Never trust a newbie with a rtb tale.
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 17th Apr 18, 8:21 PM
    • 6,037 Posts
    • 2,745 Thanks
    LeeUK
    For an extra 50p you can watch someone else do it and they probably do a better job than you blasting it with a jet wash.
    This may be mse but for me the extra 1 on twice yearly car washing is an indulgence I'm happy to fund
    Originally posted by Norman Castle
    I know the jet wash doesn't get your car 100% spotless as it won't get rid of tar spots or road grim, but it removes general muck, birds mess, and brick dust.

And to be honest I'd rather do it myself then let the poles (other eastern Europeans are available) drag a stone covered dirty cloth along my paint work.
    • giraffe69
    • By giraffe69 17th Apr 18, 11:03 PM
    • 2,480 Posts
    • 2,131 Thanks
    giraffe69
    A touch prejudicial. The two car washes in my town both have adequate loads of eastern europeans and they have done a decent job (better than i would) at a reasonable price and with one of them club card points as well! no stone covered dirty cloths I have spotted.
    • Norman Castle
    • By Norman Castle 18th Apr 18, 7:54 AM
    • 7,423 Posts
    • 6,185 Thanks
    Norman Castle
    And to be honest I'd rather do it myself then let the poles (other eastern Europeans are available) drag a stone covered dirty cloth along my paint work.
    Based on the queues of expensive cars presumably from happy customers regularly lining up outside these places its unlikely they will miss your business.

• LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 18th Apr 18, 10:38 AM
    • 6,037 Posts
    • 2,745 Thanks
    LeeUK
    Based on the queues of expensive cars presumably from happy customers regularly lining up outside these places its unlikely they will miss your business.
    Originally posted by Norman Castle
    Ha ha OK, shut up!

I bet the expensive cars lining up are all company cars or cars driven by people who don't give a damn. You know, folk that would use a big yellow sponge and 1 bucket if they washed it themselves.

And not missing my business? Funny! I Get flyers for them through my letter box all the time.

I assume this is because I said Poles and Eastern European that means I must be a racist! Hardly! I'm a Labour member and I voted Remain!

Also there is a big section on Eastern European car washers a couple of years ago in the Bangernomics thread.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 18th Apr 18, 11:01 AM
    • 21,020 Posts
    • 16,806 Thanks
    agrinnall

I assume this is because I said Poles and Eastern European that means I must be a racist! Hardly! I'm a Labour member and I voted Remain!
    I doubt if it was because of that. However, you do come across as a bit racist, and neither of those things means you can't be one.
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 18th Apr 18, 11:17 AM
    • 6,037 Posts
    • 2,745 Thanks
    LeeUK
    I doubt if it was because of that. However, you do come across as a bit racist, and neither of those things means you can't be one.
    Originally posted by agrinnall
    Explain how.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 18th Apr 18, 1:37 PM
    • 21,020 Posts
    • 16,806 Thanks
    agrinnall
    Explain how.
    I think you know how, otherwise you would't have been the first person in the thread to use the word.
    • davetrousers
    • By davetrousers 18th Apr 18, 1:41 PM
    • 5,638 Posts
    • 4,881 Thanks
    davetrousers
    I won't let a jet wash near any of my vehicles.

• Norman Castle
    • By Norman Castle 18th Apr 18, 5:09 PM
    • 7,423 Posts
    • 6,185 Thanks
    Norman Castle
    I won't let a jet wash near any of my vehicles.
    Originally posted by davetrousers
    Thats jetist. What about a jet wash with a Pole?

• James_N
    • By James_N 18th Apr 18, 5:25 PM
    • 1,003 Posts
    • 915 Thanks
    James_N
    Polish
    The Polish may not polish the car correctly. You'd need to Czech.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

140Posts Today

1,191Users online

Martin's Twitter