Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tomh05
    • By tomh05 16th Jan 17, 12:21 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 7Thanks
    tomh05
    Chip - the automatic savings app
    • 16th Jan 17, 12:21 AM
    Chip - the automatic savings app 16th Jan 17 at 12:21 AM
    As mentioned on the MSE Blog, Chip is an automatic savings service which learns your spending habits and sweeps unused money using a special savings account.
    Of interest to us MSEs, you can get up to 5% interest on savings made with chip - impressive given the current banking climate.You start with 1% interest, and get a percent per referral.

If someone would like to share the love and use my referral code HS6VTG, I'd be very grateful!

Edit: It now appears that the person signing up ALSO gets a 1% bonus or a 10 credit. So even more reason to refer! See getchip (dot) uk/blog/2017/02/06/introducing-free-money-cash-interest/
    Last edited by tomh05; 23-01-2018 at 7:34 PM.
Page 9
    • LondonZ17
    • By LondonZ17 18th Jan 18, 9:21 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LondonZ17
    I signed up with Chip via MSE and it's a great and effortless way to save. I don't notice the money leaving my account as they're such small sums, and they build up with a good rate...

My referral code is JZBZKC and it enables you to get an extra 1% interest on your savings.

Thank you!
    • gaz3524
    • By gaz3524 21st Jan 18, 2:40 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gaz3524
    Referral Code
    Hi

Please use my wife's referral code!

19HUS7

Thanks!
    • philmann
    • By philmann 22nd Jan 18, 8:52 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    philmann
    Thanks for the code.
    I've signed up. It looks like a great way of saving.
    Especially the ability to save some extra when you can afford to.
    And once up at the 5% interest rate, its a great return.
    Please use my code :
    I1R2JV

Thanks
    • run_rabbit55
    • By run_rabbit55 23rd Jan 18, 2:05 PM
    • 75 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    run_rabbit55
    If any one wants code for the extra interest ive got one you can use
    IK4EI0.
    • typing_slowly
    • By typing_slowly 25th Jan 18, 12:01 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    typing_slowly
    My Chip code for 1% interest is ZD44J4

Feel free to use!

Ta,
    J
    • Schapman
    • By Schapman 25th Jan 18, 11:22 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Schapman
    Code RUOBC9
    Always struggle to save money and this is the easiest app I've found to save without even thinking! Use code RUOBC9 to get your 1% interest!
    • turbohaggis
    • By turbohaggis 26th Jan 18, 1:37 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    turbohaggis
    Chip 1% interest promo code
    Hi, will love tou forever if you use my code below!

Sgh95f

thank you, beautiful people
    • Hackles
    • By Hackles 27th Jan 18, 2:14 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hackles
    Chip is great - use referral code V94SYS!
    Chip is great. The algorithm is really smart and has worked perfectly for me but even if it makes a mistake they guarantee to refund you any overdraft charges, so you have nothing to lose. Use my referral code V94SYS to get an extra 1% interest for us both! Cheers, Paul
    • Be In That Number
    • By Be In That Number 29th Jan 18, 12:55 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Be In That Number
    Chip Referral Code - 8DI6ET Extra 1%
    Hi all

First time post from a serial lurker. I've been following MSE's tips for a few years doing everything from bank account switching to split ticketing.

I've been using Chip for around 3 months now. It is really straightforward and simple to use. I'd be really grateful if anyone would use my referral code to boost the interest by an extra 1% for a year.

My code is 8DI6ET.

Thanks
    • J14765
    • By J14765 29th Jan 18, 10:59 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    J14765
    I'd echo all the positive comments re. Chip. You can game the system by manually saving 100 per day up to 6 times a month so you're not reliant on the savings Chip automatically calculates. 600+ per month into a savings account paying 3%+ is pretty decent. If anyone is looking to sign up, my referral code for +1% interest is VXXUOI

Thanks!
    • marchw
    • By marchw 31st Jan 18, 5:32 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    marchw
    Been lurking for a while, Chip is excellent - if anyone fancies 1% bonus then my referral code is 2UJ7XY - but there are so many codes on here I'll be amazed if anyone actually gets the bonus!
    • J14765
    • By J14765 1st Feb 18, 8:08 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    J14765
    I thought the same too but someone has already used my code and got me up to 5%. Chip says I should thank Nathan!
    • chm204
    • By chm204 1st Feb 18, 11:32 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    chm204
    I've found Chip to be an excellent way to save even a little bit of money - when Chip calculates how much you could save, it also gives you the option not to save if you don't want to which is great.
    I'm currently only saving at 3% interest - if someone would like to use my referral code so that we can both get an additional 1%, I'd be really grateful :-) It's PWAY2L

Thanks in advance and hope that those of you who sign up find it a useful way to save some money :-)
    • SuperSaverfred
    • By SuperSaverfred 4th Feb 18, 1:26 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    SuperSaverfred
    Have just used your code chm204

My code is h4c7mr if anybody would be as kind to use mine i would be very greatful thanks
    • Claret1882
    • By Claret1882 5th Feb 18, 8:15 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Claret1882
    I feel a little late to the code-sharing party, but as it seems to be still in full swing I!!!8217;ll put my referral code out there as I have one referral left to get the full 5%.

XU8135

Thanks,

Ant
    • ashdukes
    • By ashdukes 7th Feb 18, 10:26 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ashdukes
    Just checking in to say what a fantastic recommendation this is. It's been a fantastic way to bank some pounds and earn some interest.

They have a great scheme where you/I can get an additional 1% for anyone who signs up using a referral code. Mine is below. Let me know if you use it so I can say thanks.

Referral code: E86BTT
    • Be In That Number
    • By Be In That Number 7th Feb 18, 10:44 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Be In That Number
    I'm also looking for someone to use my referral...currently stuck on 3%.

My code is 8DI6ET
    • Galileo Figaro
    • By Galileo Figaro 8th Feb 18, 6:01 AM
    • 73 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    Galileo Figaro
    Hi everyone, I'm still stuck on 3%, happy to give a 12 bonus by PayPal (in addition to the standard 1% increase you will get as in other offers) for the first two people to use NTDX9X.
    • juno
    • By juno 8th Feb 18, 11:49 PM
    • 6,436 Posts
    • 9,153 Thanks
    juno
    My referral code is VJX56C
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt 4578.27 0.00
    100% paid off

• Ssejy
    • By Ssejy 9th Feb 18, 1:29 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ssejy
    Hello all! I'm currently only receiving 3% and I would be so (really) grateful if anyone would sign up using my referral code, which is SX8EJ8.
    I'll update if I hit 5% so no-ones codes are wasted.
    Thank you and good luck! X
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,059Posts Today

8,359Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Quick #eng pre-match poll. What result do you predict?

• I agree this glitch wasn't flights for 1p it was flights for c. £200 - I think many would've expected that to be th? https://t.co/QUTnlBLPkj

• Was the BA fare glitch fair? Are you one of those let down by BA cancelling cheap flights to Tel Avivandr Dubai? H? https://t.co/PvN8Zaxbue

• Follow Martin