Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tomh05
    • By tomh05 16th Jan 17, 12:21 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 7Thanks
    tomh05
    Chip - the automatic savings app
    • 16th Jan 17, 12:21 AM
    Chip - the automatic savings app 16th Jan 17 at 12:21 AM
    As mentioned on the MSE Blog, Chip is an automatic savings service which learns your spending habits and sweeps unused money using a special savings account.
    Of interest to us MSEs, you can get up to 5% interest on savings made with chip - impressive given the current banking climate.You start with 1% interest, and get a percent per referral.

If someone would like to share the love and use my referral code HS6VTG, I'd be very grateful!

Edit: It now appears that the person signing up ALSO gets a 1% bonus or a £10 credit. So even more reason to refer! See getchip (dot) uk/blog/2017/02/06/introducing-free-money-cash-interest/
    Last edited by tomh05; 23-01-2018 at 7:34 PM.
Page 14
    • Jacobs
    • By Jacobs 3rd Jun 18, 2:38 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    Jacobs
    Iím hoping that this easy way of automatic saving is gonna make me RICH RICH RICH!!!

join me: XGAPKQ

Thanks
    • archersluck
    • By archersluck 3rd Jun 18, 6:05 PM
    • 621 Posts
    • 2,263 Thanks
    archersluck
    Thanks jacobs, used your code.

For the next person who'd like an extra 1% interest my code is LI0O5P

Saving for a deposit: £11,621.15
    20/25lbs
    • Bonzobob
    • By Bonzobob 5th Jun 18, 9:41 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bonzobob
    Extra 1% Code
    New user of the Chip App too

My Referral code if anyone wants an extra 1% interest on their savings is:

5D2Y51

Thanks in advance!
    • peachplumpear
    • By peachplumpear 5th Jun 18, 1:42 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    peachplumpear
    Have been using Chip and finding it great. Sidenote: have also been using Plum (a similar idea) simultaneously which has been working really well (I let Plum auto save up to £100 as it seems more effective then I sweep it into Chip). These are really great at just saving in the background if, like me, you struggle to save!

My extra 1% code for Chip is: S4I3KF
    Can also get a bonus £5 for signing up to Plum (before 15th June 2018) using link friends.withplum.com/r/tJHJP5

Thank you so much in advance if you use my codes!
    • ethholdings
    • By ethholdings 8th Jun 18, 12:27 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ethholdings
    My Chip invite code is PKCM7F use it at the end of the sign up process and select either a 1% increased interest or a £10 bonus.

I would be grateful if you could use it, so I can increase my interest rate also.
    • bhayes90
    • By bhayes90 13th Jun 18, 4:55 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    bhayes90
    If anyone else is signing up....
    Hey!

I'm in DIRE need of some interest on my savings!
    So if anyone happens to be signing up, and would like to use my invite code: LCZGES
    That would be awesome!

Happy savings everyone
    • Mildredlucky
    • By Mildredlucky 16th Jun 18, 8:01 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mildredlucky
    Another code and another grateful saver !

QZH6PE
    • Jlindsey
    • By Jlindsey 23rd Jun 18, 3:09 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jlindsey
    Hi everyone,

Another code if people want to earn some extra interest from Chip. Seems great from what Iíve used so far!

PZ1Y26
    Last edited by Jlindsey; 23-06-2018 at 3:15 PM.
    • Becca.bun
    • By Becca.bun 23rd Jun 18, 4:58 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Becca.bun
    Hi all,

Just signed up to Chip myself. Looking forward to saving. Hope you can all help out a fellow saver and use my promo code 794N1D

The extra 1% will help me greatly and for a limited time you!!!8217;ll get an extra 1% or £10 bonus for using it X
    • JReacher1
    • By JReacher1 23rd Jun 18, 6:24 PM
    • 2,889 Posts
    • 3,949 Thanks
    JReacher1
    I may as well jump on the band wagon!

My code is ZA2X75

Let!!!8217;s all get rich!
    • FriendlyFoe
    • By FriendlyFoe 24th Jun 18, 8:45 AM
    • 92 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    FriendlyFoe
    I used a code from this thread - hope it helps! I'd be very grateful if you share the love and sign up with my code: ZUYYNT - you get an extra 1% interest!
    • easterappeal
    • By easterappeal 26th Jun 18, 10:02 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    easterappeal
    I've saved up about a grand over the past year with this (or would have if I didn't dip into it on the regular). Really good way to avoid overdraft fees since you can transfer in/out speedily if you over-spend.

My referral code is 908BER
    • jaxxx
    • By jaxxx 2nd Jul 18, 1:29 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    jaxxx
    Code for referral
    Hi there
    Iím signed up to CHIP and so far so good. Be great to get the extra 1% and offer the same to anyone wanting to sign up. My code is:

ES962M

Thanks a lot.
    • LTM1988
    • By LTM1988 2nd Jul 18, 11:05 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    LTM1988
    Hi all

If anyone needs a code, mine is 27XWCC.

Cheers!
    • moneysavinggirl40
    • By moneysavinggirl40 4th Jul 18, 10:34 PM
    • 367 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    moneysavinggirl40
    Hello,

Sign up to the Chip app which you'll find it on App Store (apple) or on Play Store (google) on your smartphone or tablet.
    Towards the end of the sign up process the app asks you if you have a promotional code, you say yes, then it asks you what it is, this is where you'd type in my referral code 74W5L1 , so you will get 1%interest on your Chip savings account.

If anyone would like to earn themselves an xtra 1% interest, you may use my referral code. It is 74W5L1.

Thank you
    Last edited by moneysavinggirl40; 09-07-2018 at 5:27 PM.
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 5th Jul 18, 10:23 AM
    • 1,711 Posts
    • 4,307 Thanks
    Zanderman
    Hi all

Experienced referrer here!

My Chip referral code is 75M3KU

You and I will both get an extra 1% interest for 12 months if you use this when you sign up.

Chip is an app, so you'll find it on App Store (apple) or on Play Store (google) on your smartphone or tablet.

(btw the £10 bonus alternative mentioned at the start of the thread has, I think, now been withdrawn - the offer is simply an extra 1% interest)
    • BradBarley
    • By BradBarley 11th Jul 18, 9:41 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    BradBarley
    Hi all,

A friend introduced me to chip and I've never looked back. The behind the scene savings are perfect for me, I don't even realise it's doing it and have already reached my savings goal.

If anyone would like a referral code to get an extra 1% interest when you sign up, mine is...

8ITX52

Thanks, and happy saving!
    • coldjim
    • By coldjim 12th Jul 18, 10:14 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    coldjim
    Hey there,

Signed up to 3% interest with chip, but if you want an extra 1% sign up with my code:

VGABU6

Cheers!
    • PawelK
    • By PawelK 12th Jul 18, 11:29 PM
    • 156 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    PawelK
    F7Z4QS

Thank you.
    • CPKCPK
    • By CPKCPK 16th Jul 18, 11:43 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CPKCPK
    Hi All,

use my code to get that extra 1% interest! such a great app where ive saved loads already in a few weeks.

DIO9QU

Cheers
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

768Posts Today

7,552Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Donald Trump has apologised and admits he said would when he meant "wouldn't" when siding with Putin over US inte? https://t.co/z1CRJSkEO1

• About to watch #AckleyBridge on C4+1. I do enjoy it, even though I always feel somewhat stressed and depressed after watching.

• RT @stevenowottny: 19/30 UK airports now charge you for spending 10 mins dropping someone off at the terminal - good investigation from @je?

• Follow Martin