Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tomh05
    • By tomh05 16th Jan 17, 12:21 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 7Thanks
    tomh05
    Chip - the automatic savings app
    • 16th Jan 17, 12:21 AM
    Chip - the automatic savings app 16th Jan 17 at 12:21 AM
    As mentioned on the MSE Blog, Chip is an automatic savings service which learns your spending habits and sweeps unused money using a special savings account.
    Of interest to us MSEs, you can get up to 5% interest on savings made with chip - impressive given the current banking climate.You start with 1% interest, and get a percent per referral.

If someone would like to share the love and use my referral code HS6VTG, I'd be very grateful!

Edit: It now appears that the person signing up ALSO gets a 1% bonus or a 10 credit. So even more reason to refer! See getchip (dot) uk/blog/2017/02/06/introducing-free-money-cash-interest/
    Last edited by tomh05; 23-01-2018 at 7:34 PM.
Page 13
    • adlech
    • By adlech 2nd May 18, 9:02 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    adlech
    Long time browser on this forum. Don't usually post but wanted to thank Curls2208 for the code.
    My code here if you want an extra 1%: O13ENL (O for one)
    Cheers!
    • babyboos
    • By babyboos 3rd May 18, 1:49 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    babyboos
    For an extra 1% interest on your savings quote code V7E3NG
    • mattura
    • By mattura 6th May 18, 7:53 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mattura
    I used a code from this thread - hope it helps! I'd be very grateful if you share the love and sign up with my code: 2J8ATZ - you get an extra 1% interest!
    • rhaddington
    • By rhaddington 8th May 18, 11:34 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rhaddington
    Chip is pretty good, I've managed to save quite a bit without really realising and I was a completely miserable saver before.

My referral code is EOPQWD if you want a 1% interest boost. Enjoy
    • tomtatchell
    • By tomtatchell 15th May 18, 10:29 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    tomtatchell
    This awesome app has helped me save a load!
    If you want a boost in interest feel free to use my referral code:

83CRNH
    • shaekhan
    • By shaekhan 15th May 18, 9:25 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    shaekhan
    Refer a friend
    Thanks for the codes!

My referral code is H5FAEK.
    • DavidCoe87
    • By DavidCoe87 16th May 18, 11:16 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DavidCoe87
    I used a code from this thread to get an extra 1% interest on my savings. If you would like the same then please feel free to use my referral code which is 8UIY94. Chip has worked really well for me after previously struggling to save!
    • Stuart-84
    • By Stuart-84 16th May 18, 3:27 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Stuart-84
    Likewise, if anyone wishes to use my code for an extra 1% on savings, it is:

RDJWOR
    • pompus
    • By pompus 17th May 18, 1:18 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    pompus
    I have just opened my account with the last promo code here from Stuart.
    I would be very grateful if you do open yours with my code: W6UAP7
    Cheers and happy savings!
    • davidjmartin
    • By davidjmartin 22nd May 18, 8:03 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    davidjmartin
    Just Used pompus's code, cheers bud! My code is NBWGUS if anyone would like to get us both some extra interest!
    • Hotlush
    • By Hotlush 23rd May 18, 2:17 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hotlush
    I used a code from this thread - hope it helps! I'd be very grateful if you share the love and sign up with my code: C1CVHN - you get an extra 1% interest!
    • debsy42
    • By debsy42 23rd May 18, 4:04 PM
    • 1,631 Posts
    • 9,137 Thanks
    debsy42
    My code is 9VTWYW if anyone would like to use it to get a boost on their Chip savings
    Last edited by debsy42; 16-06-2018 at 9:20 PM.
    ITV Winners Club #87
    • swansea-seren
    • By swansea-seren 24th May 18, 6:41 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    swansea-seren
    Just signed up as need some help with saving,Used babyboos code, thanks. Ref code K74CM4.
    • BC1973
    • By BC1973 25th May 18, 11:23 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    BC1973
    Ooooh. Just discovered this board. If anyone is interested in using a code, mine is YOB5L0

I've been on it for a few months now and saved over 200 which for me is a minor miracle.
    • Money_Man_Steve
    • By Money_Man_Steve 27th May 18, 5:56 PM
    • 453 Posts
    • 5,312 Thanks
    Money_Man_Steve
    My Chip code is H86D45 - I'd absolutely love for you to use it so that we both get some extra interest!
    Started comping May 15. Best wins to date: 7-day Safari to India; 1000 cash; iPad Pro; 2x Samsung wireless speakers; 350 Luxury spa day for 2; 2x VIP BST tickets (Kylie, Grace Jones, Chic...); 100 dinner with cocktails plus 100 voucher; 185 product of the year hamper; 100 Pickle odd-job credit; National TV Awards tix
    • TommyAV
    • By TommyAV 29th May 18, 4:13 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    TommyAV
    Chip Referral Code
    My referral code: AHK2XB
    Feel free to use : )
    • minipesky
    • By minipesky 31st May 18, 10:09 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    minipesky
    Hey TommyAV! Just signed up and used your code, excited to start saving myself! This is exactly the kind of app I need !!!128076;!!!127995;

If anyone would like to my code is 50KS00

Happy savings everyone! X
    • River500
    • By River500 31st May 18, 7:36 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    River500
    Saving made easy with the Chip app. start off with 1% savings rate using code I269QE
    Been using Chip for a few months now and has certainly made saving easy. Unlike other apps which save by rounding up your debit/credit spending to the nearest pound, this uses artificial intelligence to work out the amount you can 'afford' to save each week. You're told how much it's worked out it will save for you and if you don't agree you can cancel the instruction by 4pm on the same day. You can also boost the savings in your Chip account on six separate occasions each month saving up to 100 each time.

Without a referral code you earn no interest on your savings, but if you use one such as mine I269QE then you immediately earn 1% interest and can earn up to 5%, by recommending others to sign up with your own code.
    • gegemdb
    • By gegemdb 31st May 18, 10:22 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gegemdb
    Thank you
    Thank you River500. Just signed up using your code.

If anyone would like to get an additional 1% interest rate, sign up using my code 3IQE7G

Thank you!
    • ozaz
    • By ozaz 3rd Jun 18, 2:26 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    ozaz
    Receive 5 for using my referral code
    I'm happy to send you 5 for using my Chip referral code. You will of course also get an immediate 1% interest rate.

I can send the 5 incentive by various means including bank transfer and PayPal. The money will be sent once bonus interest rate gets applied to my account which should be within three days of your first automatic savings transaction in your Chip account.

Please PM if you would like to do this and I'll send you my referral code
    Last edited by ozaz; 03-06-2018 at 5:05 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

348Posts Today

4,817Users online

Martin's Twitter