Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tomh05
    • By tomh05 16th Jan 17, 12:21 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 7Thanks
    tomh05
    Chip - the automatic savings app
    • 16th Jan 17, 12:21 AM
    Chip - the automatic savings app 16th Jan 17 at 12:21 AM
    As mentioned on the MSE Blog, Chip is an automatic savings service which learns your spending habits and sweeps unused money using a special savings account.
    Of interest to us MSEs, you can get up to 5% interest on savings made with chip - impressive given the current banking climate.You start with 1% interest, and get a percent per referral.

If someone would like to share the love and use my referral code HS6VTG, I'd be very grateful!

Edit: It now appears that the person signing up ALSO gets a 1% bonus or a £10 credit. So even more reason to refer! See getchip (dot) uk/blog/2017/02/06/introducing-free-money-cash-interest/
    Last edited by tomh05; 23-01-2018 at 7:34 PM.
Page 12
  • Kmathers
    Hi,

I've just sign up using a code from this forum.

I would be grateful if someone would use my code: 29KUJ7

Thanks.
    • Laura&Ben
    • By Laura&Ben 2nd Apr 18, 7:38 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Laura&Ben
    HI, I signed up with a code from this forum, would be great if someone could use my code 2K9CQJ
    • Leighton
    • By Leighton 4th Apr 18, 7:02 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Leighton
    Interest
    Interest is expected quarterly, I was due some on 1st April according to the app but nothing so far and my interest amount has been reset to zero - I'll be on to live chat later. Anyone else missing any interest payments?
    • Leighton
    • By Leighton 4th Apr 18, 10:44 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Leighton
    Interest is expected quarterly, I was due some on 1st April according to the app but nothing so far and my interest amount has been reset to zero - I'll be on to live chat later. Anyone else missing any interest payments?
    Originally posted by Leighton
    This from Chip live chat:
    It looks as though there was an error with the system adding this to your account. The interest will be paid into your account as soon as possible I do apologise (sic) - for any inconvenience
    • NoviceAngel
    • By NoviceAngel 5th Apr 18, 5:26 PM
    • 1,982 Posts
    • 598 Thanks
    NoviceAngel
    Originally posted by Leighton
    You!!!8217;re not the only one, exactly the same here, disappointing to say MSE helped promote it. Can you imagine the press and the scandal if your bank/building society didn!!!8217;t pay due interest on time - let!!!8217;s hope it gets sorted very quickly.

Update :- still no interest on the 7/4

Interest finally paid all good
    Last edited by NoviceAngel; 11-04-2018 at 1:19 PM. Reason: Update
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
    • laura_hoggle
    • By laura_hoggle 8th Apr 18, 5:29 PM
    • 465 Posts
    • 1,729 Thanks
    laura_hoggle
    I!!!8217;ve been using Chip for about 2 months and it!!!8217;s automatically saved me nearly £200 so far; money I!!!8217;d have left sitting in my current account otherwise!

If anyone would like to use my referral code, it!!!8217;s

PCFJH9

Thanks!
    MFW 2016 #32 £1574.66/£1500
    • jenovacomplex
    • By jenovacomplex 11th Apr 18, 1:11 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jenovacomplex
    I've been using Chip since January and really like it so far, it's a great way to save without really noticing! I am using this account as a holiday fund

If you sign up, please use my referral code for an additional 1% interest: HCSAL2

Thanks!
    • ziggycj
    • By ziggycj 11th Apr 18, 1:12 PM
    • 273 Posts
    • 429 Thanks
    ziggycj
    Hi,

If your interested in joining Chip. Please use my code below.

1291WS

It will automatically add 1% to your saving interest rate.

Thanks

• Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 11th Apr 18, 7:51 PM
    • 32,777 Posts
    • 38,352 Thanks
    Browntoa
    Multiple reposts deleted from the thread

Only post your referral once in the thread
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • fdc123
    • By fdc123 11th Apr 18, 9:50 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    fdc123
    Free 1%-5% Savings Account!
    Hi everyone,
    www. getchip .uk (without the spaces!).
    Sign up to the Chip Savings app today and get 1% interest on your savings using referral code 6ISR0J + 1% extra for everyone you refer who signs up too!
    I have been using the app for sometime now and find it really useful - it connects to your bank account and analysises your spending to decide how much you can afford to save each week! You can withdraw the money at any point with no fee.

Remember to use 6ISR0J when signing up!

Hope this is helpful for everyone!
    Feel free to share your codes below
    • Jinglebear
    • By Jinglebear 12th Apr 18, 11:12 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jinglebear
    I have just signed up to chip with a code I found on this thread. I would be grateful if anyone who signed up used mine - B0JNII. You’ll get extra % on your interest

Remember to use B0JNII when signing up!

Thanks in advance!
    • podycust
    • By podycust 13th Apr 18, 10:42 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    podycust
    I signed up with Jinglebear's code. I would be grateful if one used my code

mine is Q3C40A
    • Charl_louize
    • By Charl_louize 15th Apr 18, 1:56 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Charl_louize
    Most recent code for referral
    I used podycust’s code - thank you
    All new to CHIP please use my code which has five referrals left still (to add 1% to your saving interest)

W8V2YR

• Llaur84
    • By Llaur84 15th Apr 18, 4:00 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Llaur84
    Tom, thank you for the code. Have signed up and looking forward to seeing the pennies mount up. If anyone would like to use a new code, I currently have 5. Code is: 84BSL6.

Llaur84
    • samwthomas1990
    • By samwthomas1990 19th Apr 18, 3:51 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    samwthomas1990
    Hi guys I've just started to use chip and it looks a pretty good app. I signed up using an earlier code. I'd be grateful if anyone would use my code 2YKGEL to get a 1% interest rate on sign-up for you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,741Posts Today

8,378Users online

Martin's Twitter