Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tomh05
    • By tomh05 16th Jan 17, 12:21 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 7Thanks
    tomh05
    Chip - the automatic savings app
    • 16th Jan 17, 12:21 AM
    Chip - the automatic savings app 16th Jan 17 at 12:21 AM
    As mentioned on the MSE Blog, Chip is an automatic savings service which learns your spending habits and sweeps unused money using a special savings account.
    Of interest to us MSEs, you can get up to 5% interest on savings made with chip - impressive given the current banking climate.You start with 1% interest, and get a percent per referral.

If someone would like to share the love and use my referral code HS6VTG, I'd be very grateful!

Edit: It now appears that the person signing up ALSO gets a 1% bonus or a £10 credit. So even more reason to refer! See getchip (dot) uk/blog/2017/02/06/introducing-free-money-cash-interest/
    Last edited by tomh05; 23-01-2018 at 7:34 PM.
Page 10
    • macgyver
    • By macgyver 12th Feb 18, 2:42 PM
    • 1,100 Posts
    • 552 Thanks
    macgyver
    Hello there!
    I'm currently getting 3% and I would be very grateful if anyone would sign up using my referral code, which is YGMEA2.
    I'll update when I hit 5% so no-ones codes are wasted.
    Thank you all.
    I wanted to thankyou a million times but its a shame that I can press the button just once
    • sonia92
    • By sonia92 15th Feb 18, 12:21 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sonia92
    +1% interest!
    Hi everyone,

I have been using the Chip saving app for a few weeks, so far with no problems. It!!!8217;s interesting to see the automated savings every few days. I would be very grateful if someone used my referral code CJAODE on sign up to give us both a mutual 1% interest boost for a year.

Many thanks!

**I've reached 5% interest, thank you to those who used my code!**
    Last edited by sonia92; 22-02-2018 at 12:50 PM.
    • JZ89
    • By JZ89 15th Feb 18, 5:02 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    JZ89
    Hey everyone, Iíve just signed up to Chip, my referral code is OLW0FP if anyone would like to use it
    • WillyWonga
    • By WillyWonga 18th Feb 18, 1:48 AM
    • 292 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    WillyWonga
    Hi all,

The app is a great way to save weekly. Iíll be saving tovDecember and should have a nice tidy sum for Xmas.

If you use my referral code LU7TXQ it will get you 1% interest to boost your savings pot.

Kate x
    • wazzaa
    • By wazzaa 18th Feb 18, 8:06 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    wazzaa
    Been using Chip for a couple of months and it is fab! If anyone needs a referral code to earn you (and me) an extra 1% interest, mine is 9PENC5.
    Last edited by wazzaa; 18-02-2018 at 8:34 PM.
    • Babybenfib
    • By Babybenfib 19th Feb 18, 3:44 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Babybenfib
    Referral code
    If anyone would like a code to get the bonus please use my code which is:
    QEV24Q

Thanks very much.
    • angelflower
    • By angelflower 19th Feb 18, 12:48 PM
    • 2,372 Posts
    • 7,007 Thanks
    angelflower
    found this app last week and did the worst thing possible - signed up without thinking of checking MSE. To that end I didn't use anyone's code (Shame on me).

However, if anyone does want a code to use, I would be grateful and we will both get an extra 1% interest. I have 4 uses left (and will update as I go along).

IKKREC
    DFW 228 LONG H 68
    DFD 2017
    • Midzone
    • By Midzone 19th Feb 18, 6:56 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    Midzone
    Just signed up to CHIP - feel free to use my code for 1% interest on Savings - CODE KBWPVI
    • NutkinsTale
    • By NutkinsTale 20th Feb 18, 1:45 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    NutkinsTale
    FCA Registration
    For those of you who were worried about signing up because Chip were not on the FCA's Financial Services Register (which my bank said they had to be), well they are now. I would guess they appeared on the online register some time in the last month or so. If you find this info helpful you can say thanks by using my code O3509M, which will get you a starting 1% and get me an extra 1%. Apologies from a newbie if you knew already.

I will post on here as soon as I hit my 5% so that people don't waste their signups after I've hit my max. Happy saving everybody!
    • srh3
    • By srh3 22nd Feb 18, 12:43 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    srh3
    Hi, I've been using Chip since January and have found it really helpful to save money I would otherwise spend without thinking! The cat gifs are a bonus!
    If anyone wants to use my referal code, its: 3ZYJB6

I'll come back and update once they've been used. Thanks
    • sonia92
    • By sonia92 22nd Feb 18, 5:28 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sonia92
    Hi everyone,

I've reached 5% interest, thank you to those who used my code! I now have another code to give anyone who uses it and my Dad a mutual 1% interest - GT641P

Many thanks!
    • wizk1
    • By wizk1 22nd Feb 18, 8:12 PM
    • 868 Posts
    • 544 Thanks
    wizk1
    I'd be ever so grateful if somebody could use my referral code MRH1E3

I'll update this page after reaching 5% to make it fair for everyone else too
    Last edited by wizk1; 07-03-2018 at 3:51 PM.
    | Student Overdraft: -£2,000 £0 | Car loan -£4,288.80 £0 |
    Cashback earned to date (Cash back credit cards, cashback sites, tarting, stoozing, etc.): £4,451.89 (As of 03/01/13)
    • GPK10
    • By GPK10 24th Feb 18, 8:59 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    GPK10
    Hi

I have signed up to Chip and found it to be very useful. If anyone would like a Chip code for when you sign up, mine is 1SUR5X

Many thanks
    • ShakeYourMoneyMaker
    • By ShakeYourMoneyMaker 25th Feb 18, 4:34 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ShakeYourMoneyMaker
    Promo code
    My code is CCX7TK if anybody wants to use it.
    • cardi11
    • By cardi11 25th Feb 18, 4:34 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cardi11
    How do you close a Chip acount? I can withdraw money but see no option to close the account
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 26th Feb 18, 8:27 PM
    • 33,055 Posts
    • 38,625 Thanks
    Browntoa
    Only post your referral link once in the thread
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • NutkinsTale
    • By NutkinsTale 26th Feb 18, 11:58 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    NutkinsTale
    Ah, didn't realise that wasn't allowed. Apologies!
    • NutkinsTale
    • By NutkinsTale 27th Feb 18, 9:24 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    NutkinsTale
    Cardi : just tap on Settings and you'll find the option in there.
    • N1ckS
    • By N1ckS 27th Feb 18, 11:23 AM
    • 54 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    N1ckS

I'm currently on 3% interest and so far have saved £422.09! If anyone is considering signing up it would be great if you could use my promo code:

QHAWGL
    https://getchip.uk

Thank you to Alexandra and Kate.
    Last edited by N1ckS; 06-03-2018 at 8:40 AM.
    • s000
    • By s000 28th Feb 18, 1:23 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    s000
    Hi,

I've just started using chip last month and wished I had spotted this thread earlier. Anyway my referral code is 0NEO1D. I'd be much appreciated if you would use it.

cheers
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

107Posts Today

1,683Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin