Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Andybez38
    • By Andybez38 14th Jan 17, 2:35 PM
    • 1,676Posts
    • 1,130Thanks
    Andybez38
    Aqua Gold card
    • 14th Jan 17, 2:35 PM
    Aqua Gold card 14th Jan 17 at 2:35 PM
    Has anyone got upgraded to an aqua gold card?
    I came into this world with nothing and I'm gonna leave with nothing.
Page 7
    • Screwtop
    • By Screwtop 25th Mar 17, 10:04 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    Screwtop
    There seems to be a lot of people getting a card that doesn't exist...
    Originally posted by zx81
    I was thinking the same!
    • mandy579
    • By mandy579 11th Apr 17, 2:29 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mandy579
    Aqua Gold
    Yes I have a gold card although ive just had a letter to say they are increasing my interest rate
    • Seafoam
    • By Seafoam 16th May 17, 2:25 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 110 Thanks
    Seafoam
    Can I just ask the people who have got an upgrade, was your card up for renewal at the time, how long have you had the card and do you use it regularly? My card is due up in April and I'm just wondering if I'd get offered the gold one too, thanks
    Originally posted by jo-bo
    It's mid May now, just curious if you ever received that Aqua Gold card?
    • Tazzy666uk
    • By Tazzy666uk 11th Jul 18, 11:48 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Tazzy666uk
    I know i'm a little late to the party, but appears to still be relevant. For those non believers - mine arrived today, and here it is...... real and genuine.

As a relatively newbie posting, i must say that this thread is quite off-putting with what appears to be 'hierarchy' issues. This is generally a forum to help people, not argue....... Chill out

http :// imgbox.com/u4huA1mR

I can't post full links so you will need to remove the spaces in the URL

Thanks
    Gold Card Owner
    Last edited by Tazzy666uk; 11-07-2018 at 11:49 AM. Reason: missed a bit
    • darren72
    • By darren72 11th Jul 18, 11:51 AM
    • 1,223 Posts
    • 265 Thanks
    darren72
    I know i'm a little late to the party, but appears to still be relevant. For those non believers - mine arrived today, and here it is...... real and genuine.

As a relatively newbie posting, i must say that this thread is quite off-putting with what appears to be 'hierarchy' issues. This is generally a forum to help people, not argue....... Chill out

http :// imgbox.com/u4huA1mR

I can't post full links so you will need to remove the spaces in the URL

Thanks
    Gold Card Owner
    Originally posted by Tazzy666uk
    Out of interest, which card do you hold (is it the cashback one), and do you know what you had to do to achieve Gold status ?
    • Tazzy666uk
    • By Tazzy666uk 11th Jul 18, 2:03 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Tazzy666uk
    Hi, no it is a basic credit card, no cashback on this one. I had the standard card for 12 months when they wrote and said this was coming...... They wrote to me to offer it.
    • Somerset La La La
    • By Somerset La La La 12th Jul 18, 11:31 AM
    • 587 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    Somerset La La La
    I've had Aqua Reward since November 2016, still no sign of either a gold or contactless card for me

I did read somewhere that you get contactless AFTER your initial card expires (i.e. the original exp date printed on the front of your first card, NOT just reporting it lost/stolen... as helps with Lloyds & co as your internal rating improves).

Not sure the expiry date of mine, but will be good to see if I do get a contactless Aqua Reward card!

Also the above seems validated by my DSAR printout which states something along the lines of "first card expiry" then a date - i.e. "do not give contactless before.... xx".

I assume gold is subject to credit status/rating, potentially only for those that have "improved" more - e.g. standard card? They know a lot of reward card holders only have it for the cashback, not because they actually need a credit building card, so no point giving all of them gold cards, especially as they wouldn't appreciate it.

Those that seem more likely to appreciate 'loyalty'/gold status etc would be those that didn't initially qualify for Aqua Reward (so were given standard) but now do... however, they don't want to give out cashback to those that don't directly make the effort to apply for it, so give out a gold card instead to try and keep them happy?

On my DSAR printout there is also a VIP flag. I assume all gold cardholders have that checked! They've hiked my interest rate about 5 times because I've taken cards elsewhere since I got it, so I doubt I'll ever have a gold card even if it is available for the Aqua Reward customers!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

14Posts Today

4,153Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin