PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one

Comments

• karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    caronc wrote: »
    That'll do nicely yum :)

Just sweating off the remaining half of that pungent leek I bought last week with garlic. Mushrooms chopped and ready to add. Then that the salad leaves, eggs, cheese etc in baking tin and in the oven...go me :D
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    karcher wrote: »
    Just sweating off the remaining half of that pungent leek I bought last week with garlic. Mushrooms chopped and ready to add. Then that the salad leaves, eggs, cheese etc in baking tin and in the oven...go me :D
    Sounds lovely hope you've still got some baguette to stuff a piece in? :) Hopefully your leek won't be as smelly tonight ;)
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 March 2017 at 8:32PM
    Who doesn't like a little pawful of 2-3 biscuits :)
    *raised paw* I couldn't eat more than one biscuit at a sitting - two at a pinch; and then I prefer very plain biscuits, in fact I prefer cream crackers to "sweet" biscuits of any sort.
    kittie wrote: »
    Don`t tell me off LW for spouting facts :) but yoghurt is lactobacillus bulgaricus and streptococcus thermophilus and kefir is a long string of other, much more beneficial bacteria. Anyway I am not selling anyone anything, that is just how I eat and how I look after my health :)
    I wouldn't dream of telling you off. :o I'm sure for a lot of folks it's great stuff; it's just that my lupus-ravaged system rebels strongly against *anything* it doesn't know, so new things have to be tried very carefully, and anything likely to cause a strong "effect" even if it's meant to be a good effect, is best steered clear of in my case. It's part of the reason I don't touch chilli/curry; the after-effects are decidedly unpleasant, for me and for others! :eek: But I was genuinely interested to know what it is; and having now found out, I rather feel it's not for me. :o
    I've heard they drown in saucers of beer - but I had a mini pot in the garden, ex mini cheesecake I'd used to scoop fertiliser into a small pot ... and left in the garden as it might come in useful again - the rain filled it with water and I found a couple of dead slugs in that too, so it's not just beer, any puddle seems good enough.
    Yes, I've heard it's a good use for Gr££n£ K1ng IPA - so probably a puddle would be just as good! :rotfl:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I'm peckish in a "pure greed" way ... I've food overload in the kitchen and loads to grab, but trying to hold off because it's so easy to just eat, eat, eat and I know I need to go a bit easy as I'm not feeling as slim as I did last month ... so I figure I might've put on 2-3 lbs. It'll be those veggies I've been trying to eat!! (not the chocs/sweeties).

I picked up a pack of four big white baps yesterday (30% off), they were dated for today so I just opened the bag, sliced them, then resealed the bag and they're in the freezer. Great for all manner of burger-style foods, or toasted with soup .... or, at a push, just nuke to defrost and throw some marg at it :)

Holding off eating anything at the moment - I am hoping to become engrossed in something soon, so that the CBA kicks in.
  • caronc
    Well the lasagne will need to get finished tomorrow as couldn't managing standing to make the white sauce:( still not the end of the world and my son will help tomorrow if need be :)

PN - those pesky F&V have a lot to answer for :rotfl:
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    *Searches darkest recesses of memory* Ah yes, it's tomorrow you have guests, isn't it, Caronc?
    Auntie Wolfy says enlist help of son even if you feel able to do it yourself, and save your spoons for enjoyment of your guests. ;):D

Most exciting thing I'm doing tomorrow is [STRIKE]washing my hair[/STRIKE] getting Mr LW to wash my hair for me - that'll be me wiped out, then! :D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • caronc
    LameWolf wrote: »
    *Searches darkest recesses of memory* Ah yes, it's tomorrow you have guests, isn't it, Caronc?
    Auntie Wolfy says enlist help of son even if you feel able to do it yourself, and save your spoons for enjoyment of your guests. ;):D

Most exciting thing I'm doing tomorrow is [STRIKE]washing my hair[/STRIKE] getting Mr LW to wash my hair for me - that'll be me wiped out, then! :D
    Yes guests tomorrow night - looking forward to it :D
  • karcher
    Combo Breaker First Post
    caronc wrote: »

PN - those pesky F&V have a lot to answer for :rotfl:

That's my excuse for the extra pounds too ;)
  • TROY-100
    TROY-100 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Hi,

Thought I'd save money and buy a couple of cheap noodle thingies from B and M, on offer for 30p each. They smell like bin wagons and taste how I would expect bin wagons to taste! I've binned them and am going to have cheese on toast for tea. Steer clear of Noodle Express stuff from B and M!
  • karcher
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm peckish in a "pure greed" way ... I've food overload in the kitchen and loads to grab, but trying to hold off because it's so easy to just eat, eat, eat and I know I need to go a bit easy as I'm not feeling as slim as I did last month ... so I figure I might've put on 2-3 lbs. It'll be those veggies I've been trying to eat!! (not the chocs/sweeties).

I picked up a pack of four big white baps yesterday (30% off), they were dated for today so I just opened the bag, sliced them, then resealed the bag and they're in the freezer. Great for all manner of burger-style foods, or toasted with soup .... or, at a push, just nuke to defrost and throw some marg at it :)

Holding off eating anything at the moment - I am hoping to become engrossed in something soon, so that the CBA kicks in.

I'd be unable to resist and be having some toasted baps and butter/marg by now :cool: :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family