Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TheLegendaryN
    • By TheLegendaryN 12th Jan 17, 2:06 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 9Thanks
    TheLegendaryN
    I am an idiot and now I have a ZZPS after me
    • 12th Jan 17, 2:06 PM
    I am an idiot and now I have a ZZPS after me 12th Jan 17 at 2:06 PM
    Hi,

I parked for an hour in a private car park on a Saturday. The car park belongs to an insurance broker in Leicester. As the car park was empty I thought I could park there and get away with it. I come back to find a PCN on my windscreen which wanted me to pay £120 for parking without a permit in an empty car park. The PCN was from Comprehensive Management Services LTD (CMS), who are part of IPC.

I looked up online, and I noticed that I might be able to argue on the defence of Unfair terms. I sent them a letter a few days later, explaining why it was silly to charge me £120 and I attached a £10 cheque for compensation.

The cheque was cashed in a few days after I sent them my appeal letter. However, after a month I received the PCN. I receive a NTK without the company acknowledging my appeal letter.

I took a picture of the cheque before I sent it, and the exact cheque number can be seen on my bank statement. I sent them the proof that money was taken from my account as well as a copy of the the cheque I sent them, and a copy of my bank statement. I explained in the letter, that the £10 you took acted as a settlement, and they might have had a technical error.

Again this letter was ignored. On 3rd January 2017 (Letter dated 30 Dec 2016), I received a letter from ZZPS, asking to pay them £172. The letter was not a LBC letter, but a letter asking me to pay the charges. The letter also mentioned that ParkingEye vs Beavis, allowed a parking charge in private land enforceable and it does not breach unfair terms.

What do I do?
Page 2
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 6th Mar 17, 8:48 AM
    • 4,261 Posts
    • 4,305 Thanks
    DoaM
    In my letter I did not write I am the driver.
    Originally posted by TheLegendaryN
    ...Yes you did...
    I simply wrote, "I parked my car".
    You told them you were the driver.

Tenuously, you could have been a passenger but took the action of parking the car. That action would still mean you were the driver as far as any contractual claim is concerned.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 6th Mar 17, 8:52 AM
    • 2,801 Posts
    • 4,203 Thanks
    fisherjim
    "I parked my car" = I was the driver I'm afraid!
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 6th Mar 17, 8:55 AM
    • 17,326 Posts
    • 27,300 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Schoolboy error. I, I, I ....
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • TheLegendaryN
    • By TheLegendaryN 6th Mar 17, 11:19 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    TheLegendaryN
    Hmmm, I guess I did tell them I am the driver. I'm going to wait for the court letters, and I'll see if they're pursuing me as the keeper or the driver
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 6th Mar 17, 12:13 PM
    • 7,184 Posts
    • 9,513 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Thank you all for your quick and useful advice. I will continue to ignore all letters until I get court letters.

Regarding the £10 I paid to them, they have cashed it in. I believe they are acting like they have never recieved the payment. In my letter I did not write I am the driver. I simply wrote, "I parked my car".

After they cashed in my cheque, they sent me a letter as the owner (dvla acquired info). I replied to that letter telling them that there was a tech error and we settled this with £10. Two months later (a month ago) they replied to that letter, saying that the time for appeal is too late and they've instructed zzps to handle the case. Note: I sent the tech error letter the day after I received the NTK letter

I belive I do have a strong case if this does go to court.

Thanks once again everyone
    By saying "I parked my car" is the same as saying you were the driver.

If this has been settled for £10 and they cashed your cheque then they have accepted this.

FORGET THE SWEAR WORD ... ZZPS .... They are just another bunch of low pond life which you can ignore
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Santa12
    • By Santa12 7th Mar 17, 10:22 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Santa12
    Threatening Letters
    Hi guys, I have been in the same situation. I have to getting quite a lot of letters from the solicitors Hansell and Wright that they would take me to court if I didnt pay the money. I have asked many people who have advised me to ignore the letters which I have been doing but now Im getting really worried about what to do ??
    I have read on the internet but not sure what to do now. Someone HELP PLZZZZ.............
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Mar 17, 10:24 PM
    • 56,296 Posts
    • 69,917 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I have to getting quite a lot of letters from the solicitors Hansell and Wright
    That's odd, ZZPS normally use Wright Hassall letter-heading! Maybe they ran out. Why not search Google for 'BMPA Wright Hassall' and read the BMPA advice.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Mconcar
    • By Mconcar 10th Apr 18, 9:49 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mconcar
    Hi all
    Iíve also just been sent a letter from ZZPS.
    I parked in a permit area of a public car park by mistake.
    I paid and displayed a valid ticket for the car park, however the floor I was on was not valid as itís reserved for permits only!!!128580;
    I argued the ticket as the only signage is on the roof of the parking level and on a sign near the exit lifts! Not on the bay!
    They rejected my appeal and have now passed the fine to ZZPS and it is now £160 (originally £100)
    If I donít pay within 7 days of the letter they will start legal proceedings!
    What should I do ?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th Apr 18, 9:55 AM
    • 35,160 Posts
    • 19,270 Thanks
    Quentin
    Apart from sending you to read up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread no-one will advise you when you hijack someone else's thread like this

Delete your post above, go to the FAQs and if you need to then post in the original thread you started over this issue
    Last edited by Quentin; 10-04-2018 at 9:59 AM.
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 10th Apr 18, 10:27 AM
    • 2,265 Posts
    • 4,020 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    The OP may want to read "Pinnel's" case from 1602 and decide if they want to continue asking questions.

It is never a good idea to part-pay in the same way it is not a good idea part paying and simultaneously revealing who was driving.
    Last edited by IamEmanresu; 10-04-2018 at 10:29 AM.
    Idiots please note: If you intend NOT to read the information on the Notice of Allocation and hand a simple win to the knuckle dragging ex-clampers, then don't waste people's time with questions on a claim you'll not defend.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 10th Apr 18, 10:28 AM
    • 7,184 Posts
    • 9,513 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Mconcar

As said above START YOUR OWN THREAD

Then you will discover why ZZPS is just a load
    of old junk
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • TheLegendaryN
    • By TheLegendaryN 10th Apr 18, 11:51 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    TheLegendaryN
    Haha don't pay, Let them carry on sending letters. It's empty threat's. Only respond when you get a court letter
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 10th Apr 18, 1:48 PM
    • 2,265 Posts
    • 4,020 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    Haha don't pay, Let them carry on sending letters. It's empty threat's. Only respond when you get a court letter
    Are you giving yourself advice or are you confused about who you are?
    Idiots please note: If you intend NOT to read the information on the Notice of Allocation and hand a simple win to the knuckle dragging ex-clampers, then don't waste people's time with questions on a claim you'll not defend.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,644Posts Today

8,594Users online

Martin's Twitter