Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 11th Jan 17, 1:57 PM
    • 111Posts
    • 30Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Engie reviews: Give your feedback
    • 11th Jan 17, 1:57 PM
    Engie reviews: Give your feedback 11th Jan 17 at 1:57 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Engie

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 07-09-2017 at 3:11 PM.
Page 3
    • molerat
    • By molerat 16th May 19, 1:33 PM
    • 20,638 Posts
    • 14,908 Thanks
    molerat
    1) Submit a formal written complaint.
    2) Calculate what you owe from your own readings so it does not come as a shock.
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
    • Hasbeen
    • By Hasbeen 16th May 19, 3:38 PM
    • 1,478 Posts
    • 1,121 Thanks
    Hasbeen
    Since joining in May 2017, I have been unable to get Energie to record the online meter readings submitted and all bills have been based on their Estimates.
    After repeatedly denying that there was any problem in the levels of usage Estimated, they finally agreed that a new meter had been installed at the house at some point but they cannot say exactly when or whether they have based their estimates on the old meter or the new one.
    Estimated gas usage in the 6 months to February 2018 was 900; as of May 2019 the actual reading is 4800.

Promises of a visit to verify the meter and to take readings have been unfulfilled.

I am terrified that a huge bill will be presented as and when they discoover that their estimated readings are far too low.

In an 8th May 2019 telephone call, it appeared that someone was going to grasp the problem and a promise was given that they would elephone me on 15th May with a full explanation and answer.
    I waited in all day-for nothing.
    Today, 16th May, I reluctantly telephone again. No explanation or apology was offered.
    Another visit was promised in 2 weeks-they refused to offer any alternative course.

I cannot switch without knowing what my actual usage is.

What can I do?
    Originally posted by mickwelsh
    You can still initiate switch. Your existing energy provider will tell you what is owed before agreeing to it. It will be up to you how to agree payment. It may be as you suggested a large sum.

Do what other posters in your threads have suggested and send a written complaint to them marked in red if possible complaint on the envelope with your facts.

But confused by your posts, is it energie, engie or greenstar?

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75818646#post75818646
    • JStewer
    • By JStewer 16th May 19, 6:41 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    JStewer
    Since joining in May 2017, I have been unable to get Energie to record the online meter readings submitted and all bills have been based on their Estimates.
    After repeatedly denying that there was any problem in the levels of usage Estimated, they finally agreed that a new meter had been installed at the house at some point but they cannot say exactly when or whether they have based their estimates on the old meter or the new one.
    Estimated gas usage in the 6 months to February 2018 was 900; as of May 2019 the actual reading is 4800.

Promises of a visit to verify the meter and to take readings have been unfulfilled.

I am terrified that a huge bill will be presented as and when they discoover that their estimated readings are far too low.

In an 8th May 2019 telephone call, it appeared that someone was going to grasp the problem and a promise was given that they would elephone me on 15th May with a full explanation and answer.
    I waited in all day-for nothing.
    Today, 16th May, I reluctantly telephone again. No explanation or apology was offered.
    Another visit was promised in 2 weeks-they refused to offer any alternative course.

I cannot switch without knowing what my actual usage is.

What can I do?
    Originally posted by mickwelsh
    You cannot switch without knowing what youry actual usage is?
    Why not???
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

14Posts Today

3,009Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This is a very useful and interesting, factual piece about what the PM's new Brexit proposals mean and how new they? https://t.co/qM1bCz6FZp

• After two cancellations, I'm on the 3rd train back from Manch. Just heard its being rerouted as someone's taken tak? https://t.co/sRO4cvoWIw

• RT @helen_undy: It's hard campaigning at the moment. Trying to cut through amid Brexit votes, protests & political resignations can feel fu?

• Follow Martin