Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sashybo
    • By sashybo 2nd Jan 17, 10:55 PM
    • 2,876Posts
    • 21,060Thanks
    sashybo
    Sashybo - Back Again
    • 2nd Jan 17, 10:55 PM
    Sashybo - Back Again 2nd Jan 17 at 10:55 PM
    Hi all, has been a good long while this time since I've had a diary, think this is number 4 overall. My last diary can be found HERE.

Current debt now under 10K. This is mostly made up of loans we had to take out to cover the negative equity of the flat we sold a couple of years ago.

I must admit we have slipped occasionally and had to do a couple of BT's etc as got into a bit more debt when we bought a new house & wanted shiny new things to go in it.

Overall, things are headed in the right direction but now we have a new challenge as DH & I are expecting a baby in May.

I only get 3 months full pay then 3 months half pay on maternity leave in my job & won't be able to go back full time as we both do shift work and there's no way to work childcare around the shifts we do (7 days in a row & many unsociable hours to boot). So we'll have to reduce the spending & batter the debt as will have a smaller income.

So I've come crawling back - I find having a diary here does help to keep me focused and stop so much silly spending.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

PAD started 27/01/09 - 11,420 extra paid off debt. Total Debt paid off 55,410
    Loan 1087.20, CC 0% BT 350, Car loans 20,025.59

Have a Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
Page 36
    • sashybo
    • By sashybo 10th Jul 18, 8:52 PM
    • 2,876 Posts
    • 21,060 Thanks
    sashybo
    Had a nice lunch/dinner out with DH yesterday but paying for it today as I drank too much & was sick. I think I need to accept that my body doesn't like drinking for hours at a time, just can't handle it since having DS.

DH used the carpet cleaner today & did a great job cleaning the living room carpet, it looks so much better! Also tidier as we did that afterwards.

Still exhausted from the outlaw experience! Need to try & catch up on some sleep. Cooler here today which has been nice.

Going to try & do some ironing shortly as the pile is getting ridiculous.

I need to do a bit of cooking for DS as almost out of dahl for him, might try and do that tomorrow. Probably some other things I can make & freeze for him too.

Have ordered some new drinking glasses & mugs online so we can get rid of ones we don't like or use. One thing both DH & I noticed at the outlaws is how many of their glasses & mugs need replacing as so worn but the outlaws refuse to do so as they're still "fine". I understand that but it's nice to have nice things too, it doesn't need to cost a fortune.

The other thing I'd like to replace here is the extra cushions on our couch, the ones we have are well & truly trashed now. Will have a look about.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 18th Jul 18, 10:36 PM
    • 2,876 Posts
    • 21,060 Thanks
    sashybo
    Have been a bit spendy recently. I ordered new cushions but had a 10 voucher so "only" 26 for 3 cushions with that applied. I had also ordered some sandals online but they weren't quite right so have sent them back for a refund & got some much better ones a lot cheaper (14 instead of 34). I also got more new glasses from TK Maxx (wine glasses & smaller tumblers) & a lovely candle that's at least 20 full price but was selling for 7.99.

I got a good deal on a toy I was saving vouchers up for for DS's Christmas - the little tikes sit in car (red & yellow). It was on the prime day lightning deals reduced to 33 & as I already had 20 of vouchers I thought 13 was a pretty good price to pay for it.

Have been pretty lazy with the housework although I did get the ironing done. We had my twin nieces staying overnight again at the weekend & they made gingerbread men with me & dug up potatoes with DH. They loved it. DS enjoyed spending time with his cousins too.

Don't know if I mentioned that we got DS a new bookcase for downstairs? Again used survey vouchers so it only cost 6 "real" money. It's on wheels so can be moved & is designed so that the books face cover out. DS has really noticed his books a lot more since we got it & looks at them (& pulls them all over the floor ) every day.

My sister watched DS for me for a couple of hours this morning so that I could go & pick up an order and browse about the shops for a bit. He's already at the stage where he starts moaning as soon as I enter a shop. I managed to not go crazy & didn't spend too much, I bought some new baby presents & cards as know 3 girls who have had or are having imminently, new babies! Bad timing for my presents budget!

Back to work on Friday for 2 early shifts, so back to juggling everything again, haven't missed that, enjoyed spending time with DH & DS without shifts getting in the way (both DH & mine).

• Rachel24
    • By Rachel24 18th Jul 18, 10:55 PM
    • 201 Posts
    • 753 Thanks
    Rachel24
    Always miss not seeing you post sashybo, I don't comment much but I do enjoy reading your diary :-)
    You seem to be doing well on the survey front. I always think you can make your house look good without spending a fortune and your cushions etc aren't a bad cost.
    Hope work isn't too bad! X
    • sashybo
    • By sashybo 18th Jul 18, 11:25 PM
    • 2,876 Posts
    • 21,060 Thanks
    sashybo
    Hi Rachel, I really need to start posting regularly again - it helps to keep me on the straight & narrow!

I think I've been lucky with a lot of survey companies paying out at once, need to get back to it, have been a bit lazy with that too. Also need to get back to the exercise which has fallen by the wayside during annual leave.

Just checked our smallest loan & we're now under 2k. It will finally be gone next year. Paid another 40 survey money off it so monthly payments will be 186, I think 2 more extra payments should bring it down to 180 p/m & then I'll throw the survey money at the biggest loan as we can't reduce the term of the small one but can with the big one.

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 19th Jul 18, 12:18 PM
    • 2,876 Posts
    • 21,060 Thanks
    sashybo
    A good start to the day today, did 10 mins on the cross trainer then had a shower. Stripped the bed & remade it, sheets in the washing & should be able to hang them out to dry. Also cleaned both bathrooms as they desperately needed it.

DH working late shift today so he is around to help me with DS for most of the day. DS a clingy nightmare with me at the moment, literally clinging to my leg & crying or coming over to me every 2 mins & crying. Wants picked up all the time & when I do pick him up he just pulls my hair & is generally vicious. Put him down, back to clinging & crying. Hope this phase passes soon.

A few short surveys done, 13 in PA atm, will cash out at 20. SB is dire right now, especially with them cutting back how much can be earned on the apps.

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 20th Jul 18, 4:16 PM
    • 2,876 Posts
    • 21,060 Thanks
    sashybo
    Work not too bad today, getting paid 5 hours o/t to go in for 3 hours on an extra day next week for training. My sister is going to watch DS for me. Back tomorrow then 2 days off, in for 3 hours on Tuesday & then 2 shifts again.

DH dropped DS off at my mum's before he went to work & I would normally pick him up on the way back but my mum said not to as she wanted to keep him a bit longer. Will probably head down soon to get him, all I did with my extra freedom was go to Mr M's for some shopping. I should have went straight home & had a nap!

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 26th Jul 18, 9:56 PM
    • 2,876 Posts
    • 21,060 Thanks
    sashybo
    Exhausted after 2 days of work. I find early shifts so much harder these days as have to come home & deal with DS rather than have a nap or chill out. Hopefully I'll get used to it, had a terrible headache last night due to tiredness, heat & two ill-advised (but much enjoyed) G&T's. My O/T went well though as only 3 hours but get paid for 5 & DS enjoyed the time at my sister's with his cousins.

Went to Mr Al's after work yesterday & a passing lady said "Oh you look knackered!" which made me laugh. I looked like a zombie so she was quite right.

Have visited two week-old baby girls this week, my cousin had one & friends of ours the other. I feel really broody now, they were so lovely & tiny. DS was a bit jealous both times & wanted to climb on top of the babies when I was holding them. I'll be going to see another new baby in the next few weeks too as another friend is due. I would love another baby but can't afford it right now. Definitely want at least one more, not sure DH agrees though. Of course all the new babies has meant presents for them but should have enough in the present fund to cover it. Have 2 birthdays next month too - one niece & one nephew.

Have managed to get another 3 10 Amazon vouchers through surveys etc and have bought some dull but needed things. At least it wasn't "real" money. Got a 10 survey on PA yesterday. It took a long time though so they got their money's worth!

Got my twin nieces again tomorrow for a few hours & then their big brother is staying overnight on Saturday. Always nice to see them & I like to do a bit of gardening & cooking or baking with them as they enjoy it. DS loves the extra company too.

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 29th Jul 18, 4:37 PM
    • 2,876 Posts
    • 21,060 Thanks
    sashybo
    It's been raining most of the weekend & has cooled down which is a nice change. The garden definitely needed the rain so glad of it.

DH got the twins to help him with cutting the grass & doing the edging the other day - child labour. Oh well they enjoyed it.

Had our nephew staying last night (12 next month) & he was really good with DS and seemed to enjoy himself. We made banana bread & had burgers for dinner. DH made us all play a board game after DS went to bed & it was quite good actually. I went into a huff because I died (it was an RPG type game) - I'm a bad loser. My nephew thought it was hilarious though.

DS had a bad night & kept waking up so he's quite grumpy today. Hopefully he'll sleep better tonight. We've all got our check up at the dentist tomorrow & then I might take DS to visit a couple of my friends.

The only housework I've managed today apart from washing dishes is two washings done & chucked into the TD. One put away & the other folded to go away now plus another washing that was on the clothes horse has been put away too. Hoping to get some ironing done after DS goes to bed & maybe some yoga too.

DH working late shifts now so going to try & get back on the cross trainer in the mornings & do yoga in the evenings, really been slacking off again.

Saw a girl I used to work with the other day & hadn't seen her for a couple of years. It was a bit weird as I thought we were good friends when we worked together & we spent a lot of time together outside of work but when she moved to another job she just kind of ditched me. She's the kind of person who makes friends very easily whereas I don't so I think we just had totally different ideas as to what the friendship was. I think I was just convenient at the time basically which is still a bit hurtful.

We had a bit of a chat as she has a wee girl who is about 5 months younger than my DS. She was talking about how she won't give her DD pudding if she doesn't finish all of her dinner. I was thinking "She's 8 months old?! Can they really understand that at that age??" I know I just let DS do pretty much what he wants as long as he's eating because I don't want to force him to eat if he's not hungry & give him negative food associations. Maybe I'm too soft. I guess it's just about trying to keep to a middle ground.

• juliejim
    • By juliejim 29th Jul 18, 5:36 PM
    • 7,575 Posts
    • 151,596 Thanks
    juliejim
    I don't think you're soft sashybo - it sounds like you're doing a great job
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA 5500
    • sashybo
    • By sashybo 29th Jul 18, 6:00 PM
    • 2,876 Posts
    • 21,060 Thanks
    sashybo
    Hi juliejim Thanks. I was a bit flabbergasted when she was saying it & thought "That's not what I do at all!" They're still so young that it's more about trying different things than forcing them to eat. At the moment DS is very open to trying new foods which is great but that might not always be the case. To be honest this girl has a very all or nothing relationship with food so maybe that's an influence that she's not even aware of as well.

I'm aware I'm still very much a new parent but some people have such different ideas to me that it's an eye opener. It's just like everything else I suppose, there's no "right" way for everyone. I kept being told by family to leave DS to cry when he was having problems settling in his cot in his own room but I just couldn't do it. I knew DS was so stubborn he would just keep crying. My DH was really unsympathetic & said I was too soft & made me wait an hour one night but DS just kept going and I was crying too! It was horrible & I never did it again, it wasn't right for either of us.

My DH still tells me I'm too soft on DS at times whereas I think he can sometimes be too hard on him & impatient with him - he's still a baby! I'm not saying I'm a saint, I lose my temper & get annoyed with DS at times but I try my best to remember that he's only a baby & doesn't know any better most of the time. Adjusting to being a mum is not easy & DS is changing all the time - I keep thinking "Now I've got it! I can do this motherhood thing!" and then it all changes again.

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 29th Jul 18, 9:06 PM
    • 2,876 Posts
    • 21,060 Thanks
    sashybo
    So I've been good & did 30 mins of yoga - for my pelvic floor no less! I could feel how weak it was so need to remember to do my daily pelvic floor exercises.

Could also feel the weakness in the right hand side of my lower back/pelvis that worsened during pregnancy. I'm due to be "re-set" by the chiropractor either this week or next (need to check my diary as I've written it in there) so she'll sort me out. The weak spot is always the one she zones right in on - ouchy but in a good way. My left knee is also weak (a long term thing) & it's really been playing up recently. The sooner I get back to regular exercise the better.

Also did some ironing so the small pile doesn't turn into a mountain (again). This is helped by refusing to actually iron most of our clothes these days. If DH was that bothered he would iron his stuff himself so obviously he isn't that bothered. I only iron the really badly creased stuff now.

Have cashed out 21 from PA & have 11 pending. Will use it towards the biggest loan I think.

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 31st Jul 18, 9:27 PM
    • 2,876 Posts
    • 21,060 Thanks
    sashybo
    Had a busy day yesterday out visiting friends & took DS on the train for the first time - the gap between the train & platform is pretty scary with a pram! DS enjoyed himself & was begging olives off everyone at the table during lunch at my friends house, he loves them.

Walked home from the station (apporox 40 mins) & was knackered. Dentist went well, no problems & only a scale and polish for DH. DS only has his back 4 molars to come in & then he'll have all his teeth. He bit the dentist though. Not a proper bite, just a wee nip.

Today has been very lazy, have done 3 washings & that's about it. Managed to get 2 washings mostly dry on the line outside before the rain started so that was good. DS has enjoyed pottering about the house today but will need to take him out tomorrow or he'll get restless.

I also tidied the cupboard where I keep my present stash & put books etc into one box & toiletries into another. It reminded me what I had too which is good, have quite a few things I can use toward birthdays & even a couple of sets for Christmas. List to follow so I remember;

x2 FCUK men's body spray sets (will use for my nephews at Christmas)
    x1 FCUK ladies toiletry set (mum/sister/SIL?)
    x1 box of Ted Baker mini aftershaves (will do one of my nephews)
    x2 mini Charlie body spray sets (will do older nieces)
    x2 S&G mini foot cream tubes
    x2 Carmex lip balms
    x1 small box of gin truffles
    x2 fluffy hairbands (nieces)
    x2 Shopkins notebooks (older nieces again)
    x3 fluffy pens (random girl presents)
    x2 photo frames (one for 30th birthday, one fancier but not my taste)
    x4 girls t-shirts, various ages (will be able to use at least 3 for nieces)
    x10 assorted children's books (will be used for various friends' children/nieces/nephews)
    x1 small Lego Duplo bus (one of my younger nieces)
    x1 Muppets DVD (younger nieces?)

Organised all my gift bags & wrapping paper too, shouldn't need to buy any more. Managed to find two boxes in the spare room to use for this, thought I would need to buy some so that's a good result.

Just did 30 mins of yoga & glad I forced myself to do it as felt like just lying on the couch instead.

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 2nd Aug 18, 1:05 PM
    • 2,876 Posts
    • 21,060 Thanks
    sashybo
    Have done a bit of cleaning this morning, both bathrooms now sparkly & living room and kitchen are hoovered. Also cleaned my hoover & filters as they were disgraceful.

Gave the windowsills & frames a quick wipe (how do they get so dirty?) in the living room & our bedroom. Will need to clean the blinds soon as they are pretty dusty.

Washing of DS's stuff in the machine too.

DS has been pottering about & being generally well behaved. He likes climbing things a lot just now. He's had a few bumps but it's not putting him off.

Taking DS out to visit his cousins later so that will keep him occupied this afternoon.

Had an online spending spree with birthday money last night, ordered a skirt, 2 tops & a cardigan. Hopefully they will fit & look nice.

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 8th Aug 18, 10:06 AM
    • 2,876 Posts
    • 21,060 Thanks
    sashybo
    Have been bad at updating again, worked late shifts Fri/Sat & then last night so feeling a bit drained. Work a shambles as usual & arguments over desk layout & equipment (shared desk) as we've moved into our refurbed office & the desk isn't big enough. I'm stuck in the middle as usual but think I've managed to negotiate a compromise between the warring parties as long as the boss will pay for the extra equipment required. *rolling eyes skyward* I needed a drink after dealing with that for an hour.

Went out for lunch with DH on Sunday & spent too much on gin and then ended up ill the next day, I never learn. DH can handle his drink & I can't anymore so need to stop trying to keep up. Plus that's us grounded for the rest of the month as we spent more than we should have.

Today I have a chiropractor appointment & will probably visit my mum with DS afterwards. Will try & jump round to Mr Al's shortly as need full fat milk for DS & a few other things.

Paid 5 survey money off the vet bill CC yesterday, still 860 to go.

DS enjoyed his visit to his cousins last week but had a bit of a fight with his older cousin (2yo) over her sitting on my knee, he is very possessive of me atm. They have a new kitten who is super cute & tiny but DS nearly sat on him a few times as he didn't see him.

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 9th Aug 18, 1:56 PM
    • 2,876 Posts
    • 21,060 Thanks
    sashybo
    Well I managed to dodge Mr Al's by asking my sister to bring milk up when she dropped in to use our printer. Need to get a grip on the food spends as I feel like I'm never out of a supermarket & we're definitely spending too much.

I finally got round to closing a credit card that I haven't used for a few years. It was so easy, just logged onto the online account & sent a secure message and it was done, why didn't I do it sooner?

We will be looking to remortgage next year as our fixed rate ends & hoping to get a better rate & a lower monthly repayment. Trying to pay the debt down as much as we can before then, the lowest loan and vet CC should be paid off by then which will be a help too.

I've done a small amount of clothes decluttering today but DS was wrecking the place so had to stop. He managed to jam his finger in a drawer twice & was getting really grotty. Will try again in a while as I have so many clothes it's ridiculous. I find it really hard to get rid of things even when I haven't worn them for a long time as I still like them & feel like I might need them one day.

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 11th Aug 18, 10:37 AM
    • 2,876 Posts
    • 21,060 Thanks
    sashybo
    Took DS to my mum's yesterday to get out of the house, my nieces were there so we went for a walk with them, DS in the pram & the dogs. DS enjoyed being out & about.

DH has put cupboard jamming things on the most dangerous cupboards in the kitchen as DS is now into opening cupboards & pulling everything out. *cries* This is on top of the on-going fascination with the cat litter trays. Not sure whether to ignore him when does it or give him into trouble. He just thinks it's a game.

Have a few children's birthdays this month & next so ordered some things online - mostly tops from H&M as they were mainly 2-2.99 & free delivery for club members. Also ordered leggings for my 2yo niece. Once presents are organised & wrapped I can update my present list as will be able to use a few things from my present boxes.

Back to work tomorrow for 3 shifts, not looking forward to 5am alarm. Will need to go to Mr Al's after work too, oh joy. Will try to get some hoovering & tidying done today. Waiting for a charity bag to come through the door as have a few bags of clothes to donate.

We will be getting milk delivered starting next week, thought I would try it and see what it's like. It's in glass bottles & from a local dairy so a bit better than buying supermarket milk, apparently they can also deliver eggs so will see how it goes & how the cost works out. We go through a lot of milk now with DS.

Thinking about *whispers* Christmas and think DS would like tickle me Elmo, he loves watching him on tv. My mum said she was thinking of that too so maybe that can be her present to him, he doesn't need many more toys to be honest & he's getting the little tikes car already. Will also try to enforce the token presents for adults with my brother, his GF & my sister (bottle of wine/something foody) to try & cut costs for all of us.

Oh and finally got to 50 with Y0uGov, so cashed out there.

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 12th Aug 18, 9:14 PM
    • 2,876 Posts
    • 21,060 Thanks
    sashybo
    Managed to hoover the living room yesterday & give the place a quick tidy. Stuck a washing on & then into the TD.

A couple of my friends dropped in for a cup of tea so was good to see them & have a chat. It also kept DS amused as one brought her 6yo and he was playing with the cats using a feather stick which DS loved watching.

Checked the chilli plants in the greenhouse last night & they were looking a bit sad & drooping. Most of them had nasty greenfly & whitefly so got them sprayed & hopefully they will recover ok.

Work today not too bad, went to Mr Al's afterwards & got a few things, it was really busy so didn't hang about. My brother & his gf dropped in with the kids too. Their 2yo was getting very possessive of DS's toys & kept pushing him away. He was really upset, poor wee soul. He was tired too which didn't help.

Made chicken enchiladas for dinner which were very good & have two left over, so one each for lunch for me (at work) & DH (at home with DS). Have some of the chicken mixture left over too so DS can have that with a mini wrap, DS enjoyed his half of an enchilada at dinner & loved the sour cream.

Barely sat down until DS went to bed at 7pm so I'm knackered now. Did my basic clean-up - dishes etc & have my feet up on the couch now, bed soon.

Have cashed out 20 from a survey site & did a couple of surveys on another.

Need to bank a cheque tomorrow on my break & some cash for a work 60th birthday present that I paid for with my CC. Will pay it off the card as soon as I bank it, about 31. Trying to get the other shifts to contribute at work a bit of a nightmare, they're not interested even though my shift usually chuck a couple of quid in for their big birthdays etc.

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 13th Aug 18, 8:46 PM
    • 2,876 Posts
    • 21,060 Thanks
    sashybo
    Banked the cheque & cash today on my break and paid the cash straight off my CC.

Wrapped all the August kid's birthday presents when I got home from work. Going to update my present box list. I spent around 16 on 3 tops, 2 pairs of leggings & a colouring book to make up presents for 3 little girls, along with a few things out of the present boxes (as below).

I'll use two t-shirts & the Shopkins notebooks for my twin nieces' birthday next month and possibly the lip balms. I also spent 6 on another two tops for them so that's them done.

x2 FCUK men's body spray sets (will use for my nephews at Christmas)
    x1 FCUK ladies toiletry set (mum/sister/SIL?)
    x1 box of Ted Baker mini aftershaves (using for 12yo nephew)
    x2 mini Charlie body spray sets (will do older nieces)
    x2 S&G mini foot cream tubes
    x2 Carmex lip balms
    x1 small box of gin truffles
    x2 fluffy hairbands (nieces)
    x2 Shopkins notebooks (older nieces again)
    x3x2 fluffy pens (random girl presents)
    x2 photo frames (one for 30th birthday, one fancier but not my taste)
    x4 x3 girls t-shirts, various ages (will be able to use at least 3 for nieces)
    x10 x9 assorted children's books (will be used for various friends' children/nieces/nephews)
    x1 small Lego Duplo bus (one of my younger nieces)
    x1 Muppets DVD (younger nieces?)

Feeling very tired today so need to have an early night. One more early shift then back to mummy duty for a week. One of my friends has just told us she's pregnant again, her DS is only 10 weeks older than DS & I'm nowhere near ready for another yet! My first response was "You crazy mofo" Luckily she knew I was kidding (mostly ). I would definitely like another but it will be a while yet despite all these new babies making me broody.

• redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 14th Aug 18, 4:14 PM
    • 2,056 Posts
    • 12,763 Thanks
    redofromstart
    DS1 was six months old when I found out I was pg with DS2. They are very close to each other so not all bad, but it was hard work at the time.

I'm more jealous of the kitten cuddles
    • sashybo
    • By sashybo 14th Aug 18, 8:25 PM
    • 2,876 Posts
    • 21,060 Thanks
    sashybo
    Hi redo That does sound like hard work, I just don't think I would cope. The age gap debate is never ending really, I know lots of people with kids very close together & some with big age gaps and I guess they both have their positive & negative points.

Just now I'd like to pay off as much debt as we can & remortgage next year at a decent rate and hopefully smaller monthly payment. Then I would like to think about baby number 2! DH will need some convincing though, as an only child he just seems to think we'll only have DS and that's it but I would like at least one more.

Feeling exhausted after 3 early shifts. Went to Mr M's after work & bought a few things I couldn't get in Mr Al's the other day. I also got a few things we didn't really need as I was tired & craving sugar. My local Mr M's have extended their women's clothes & they had some nice stuff. I got a pair of really decent leggings for 8 - quite thick but stretchy, think I'll buy another pair actually. I also got a nice cotton boat neck top in navy with thin orange lines for 7. I was really impressed with the stuff they had actually as it all felt like quite good quality stuff.

DH got a new tyre organised for my car as one was cracking really badly & we wanted to sort it before winter. The money for it is in the car savings account so no worrying about how to pay for it.

Had a bit of a spat at work over this desk layout nonsense, so am probably on someone's sh*t list. I don't care, it needs to be set up so that everyone can work without getting neck strain or having to stand up every two seconds to see a screen (2 of us are short/average height & 2 tall, atm the 2 tall people are happy but us smaller ones are not). My name will be mud. Think we've come to a compromise though. The boss has asked me to send her an email about what I want as I'm not back at work until next week now, so that we all get a fair say as it's a shared desk.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

163Posts Today

2,198Users online

Martin's Twitter