Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sashybo
    • By sashybo 2nd Jan 17, 10:55 PM
    • 2,760Posts
    • 20,481Thanks
    sashybo
    Sashybo - Back Again
    • 2nd Jan 17, 10:55 PM
    Sashybo - Back Again 2nd Jan 17 at 10:55 PM
    Hi all, has been a good long while this time since I've had a diary, think this is number 4 overall. My last diary can be found HERE.

Current debt now under 10K. This is mostly made up of loans we had to take out to cover the negative equity of the flat we sold a couple of years ago.

I must admit we have slipped occasionally and had to do a couple of BT's etc as got into a bit more debt when we bought a new house & wanted shiny new things to go in it.

Overall, things are headed in the right direction but now we have a new challenge as DH & I are expecting a baby in May.

I only get 3 months full pay then 3 months half pay on maternity leave in my job & won't be able to go back full time as we both do shift work and there's no way to work childcare around the shifts we do (7 days in a row & many unsociable hours to boot). So we'll have to reduce the spending & batter the debt as will have a smaller income.

So I've come crawling back - I find having a diary here does help to keep me focused and stop so much silly spending.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

PAD started 27/01/09 - 10,362 extra paid off debt. Total Debt paid off 50,880
    Loan 2328.49, CC 0% BT 1200, Car loans 22,591.72

Have a Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
Page 35
    • sashybo
    • By sashybo 10th May 18, 10:31 PM
    • 2,760 Posts
    • 20,481 Thanks
    sashybo
    Did 20 mins of yoga, will try my best to keep it up as I do enjoy it. Had a nice shower & just relaxing on the couch before bed.

Got most of my stuff organised for work tomorrow, particularly the food I'm taking in as won't have much time when I get back from playgroup before going to work. There are quite a few road closures near the town centre which is causing crazy traffic so don't want to be late for work.

DS is sleeping well for now, hopefully he'll have a good night as he needs the rest. He barely slept at nap time, only 30 mins each time. Although he might have slept longer in his afternoon nap except for the delivery man who felt it was necessary to try & knock my door down whilst pressing the doorbell a million times. Cue a crying baby being startled out of his nap.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 16th May 18, 12:17 PM
    • 2,760 Posts
    • 20,481 Thanks
    sashybo
    Have been too lazy to post again.

Lovely weather again today, DS has been enjoying getting out & playing in the grass (mostly eating grass actually ).

Have hoovered the living room & did the big clean of the cat litter trays so far today. Bathroom bins have been emptied & hand towels changed, washing put away also. Hoping to hoover upstairs & maybe clean the bathrooms.

We have our sweet peppers out in the greenhouse & courgettes out in their grow bag. Tomato plants are starting to get flowers. Potatoes & cucumbers looking good and have beetroot, radish & lettuce seedlings starting. Runner beans also doing well & still have the chilli plants in the bathroom just now.

I was working Friday, Saturday & last night on late shift and back in again on early shift on Friday. Still not got rostered shifts so just telling them which days I can work.

Got another 50 cheque through from a survey company and cashed in points for 5 from another. Paid the 5 off the BT CC, will probably split the 50 between the loans once it's cleared. Not far off the payout on 0nepoll too.

• Scott-Weiland
    • By Scott-Weiland 16th May 18, 12:37 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Scott-Weiland
    Have been too lazy to post again.

Lovely weather again today, DS has been enjoying getting out & playing in the grass (mostly eating grass actually ).

Have hoovered the living room & did the big clean of the cat litter trays so far today. Bathroom bins have been emptied & hand towels changed, washing put away also. Hoping to hoover upstairs & maybe clean the bathrooms.

We have our sweet peppers out in the greenhouse & courgettes out in their grow bag. Tomato plants are starting to get flowers. Potatoes & cucumbers looking good and have beetroot, radish & lettuce seedlings starting. Runner beans also doing well & still have the chilli plants in the bathroom just now.

I was working Friday, Saturday & last night on late shift and back in again on early shift on Friday. Still not got rostered shifts so just telling them which days I can work.

Got another 50 cheque through from a survey company and cashed in points for 5 from another. Paid the 5 off the BT CC, will probably split the 50 between the loans once it's cleared. Not far off the payout on 0nepoll too.
    Originally posted by sashybo
    Same re me on one poll its about 2.90 for me yay.
    Cashback Earnings Ish YTD 46.99 Survey Earnings YTD Ish 192.66
    Is a few week gap.
    • sashybo
    • By sashybo 19th May 18, 9:26 AM
    • 2,760 Posts
    • 20,481 Thanks
    sashybo
    Hi Scott I'm now 5p off payout & haven't seen a survey for a few days now.

My sister took DS for the afternoon on Thursday so I managed to do 30 mins of yoga & have a shower in peace. She said he was great & didn't cry once. He loves getting out & about in the nice weather.

Was working early shift yesterday & back Monday/Tuesday. Went to Mr Al's after work, found frozen whitebait which we had for dinner & it was really tasty. Only 2ish as well.

Might go into town for a bit with my mum & nieces, DS would enjoy getting out in the sun too.

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 20th May 18, 10:51 AM
    • 2,760 Posts
    • 20,481 Thanks
    sashybo
    Had a nice afternoon in the garden at my mum's with DS & my nieces. DS had his factor 50 on & we tried to keep him in the shade most of the time but he was crawling about the grass having great fun. My nieces helped him with his lunch & then kept him entertained for most of the time. They were playing police chases with police baby in his police pram. DS loved it & was just laughing the whole time.

I helped my mum build her plastic greenhouse & it's quite a good size and seems quite good quality. Hopefully it won't blow away. She has moved the tomato plant I gave her in there as it's too tall for her kitchen windowsill now. It already has a wee tomato on it.

I managed to get sunburn on part of my left arm & foot but not anywhere else. Annoyed with myself for not putting more sun cream on. I find I'm always more careful abroad with sun cream than at home which is silly but I suppose it's because we don't get much of it here so I don't expect to get sunburn. Luckily DS was fine as I'm paranoid about him in the sun.

Today is quite dull & meant to rain later, quite a bit cooler too but not cold which is good. Have got a washing in & have chopped veg up for leek & potato soup so will do that later. Might try & get on the cross trainer after DS has his nap.

I ordered a 1 tog sleeping bag for DS in the size up but it's so ridiculously big I could probably wear it as a dress. Will take it back to try & exchange it for the smaller size if they have it in stock. He moves about so much at night that blankets just don't stay on. I can do that on my break at work tomorrow.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,643Posts Today

9,356Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin