Sashybo - Back Again

Options

Comments

• sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Paws, they are a pair of comedians at times. :D

Long day today as went out for lunch straight from work with a couple of the older ladies on my shift. Was nice food and home by 7pm.

DH away to see a friend for a couple of days so left to my own devices. Have cleaned out the cat litter trays as they were minging & put a washing on, will prob stick another on once it's done as washing basket pretty full.

I now have 3 shoots from my tomato seeds. :T Need to check on my sweet peas tomorrow.

Planning to have a nice relaxing day tomorrow where I don't need to go anywhere or do anything too much. :j

Also payday tomorrow so will try and make an overpayment to loan no 1.

The tunic & dress I ordered from Seasalt arrived today - they are both a bit stretchy and very comfy so I can wear them (at least for a while) even with the baby bump. :j
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I love how literal children are. That's the comedy factor for me.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • sashybo
    Options
    :rotfl: Bob, my nieces & nephews think I'm nuts because they take the things I say literally and don't understand when I'm joking sometimes.

They were really puzzled when they found potatoes sitting in an egg carton on the windowsill in one of the bedrooms. We're first time potato growers & apparently this is called chitting which helps them grow better once you plant them. They just looked at me like "She's crazy!". :rotfl:
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Payday today so have been shuffling some money around.

Have made an extra payment of £25 off loan no1 & an extra payment of £20 off loan no2. The monthly repayment for loan no1 comes off today as well, so with the extra payment it's now (just) in the 2100's :j, interest still to be added though so may jump just above 2200 again. :( Loan no2 is now in the 5800s and the monthly payment is still to come out which will take it to the 5600s. :j

Debt total for loans 1 & 2 will go under 8k when the monthly payment goes out for loan no2 in roughly 10 days. :beer::j

Car loans not moving as don't need to make any payments until May.:cool:

No real plans for today, have more work shirts to iron (feels like I'm never done ironing these days) and have already put the clean towels I washed last night away.

Both sets of wall stickers for the baby's room have arrived & DH said he will move the stuff in there out, measure for the blind and re-do the gloss in there on Monday (we'll see :p).

Our friends are either going to drop the cotbed off for us over the weekend or we will pick it up from them the following week. Still need to get a chest of drawers for the room as well. The baby fund is looking fairly healthy so the money is there for the things we need.

I need to investigate changing bags, changing mats, cotbed mattress, bedding and sterilisers as have none of these at present.

Also have to get some presents wrapped - a wee outfit for my friend's new son which I bought the other day (got jeans & a t-shirt for £10 in 3-6 month size, not too bad & got gift receipts in case she wants to swap sizes or change the stuff altogether) and a birthday present for our friend's wee girl who is 5 later in the month. Have the cards and stuff so might as well get it wrapped and out of the way.
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Well done on the overpayment!
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Thanks Top. :)

Have done all of my ironing & put it away. Also wrapped the presents and remembered another that needed done too, so pleased with that.

Spent a lot of the day researching baby products online - looked at changing mats, changing bags, cotbed mattresses, bedding & sterilisers. Haven't bought anything but have a better idea of what is out there & prices. Also did a few surveys whilst I was on the pc.

Have requested some Payp@l money from one of my survey sites, so that will be another £8 off the debt when it arrives. Up to £11.70 on 0nepoll. :T Have also requested another £5 @mazon voucher from swagbucks as still can't get p@ypal from them. This will take my total to £20 worth of vouchers that I can use for baby things.

Think I'll head to bed soon and try to get a decent sleep, keep waking up uncomfortable or needing to pee, the joys of pregnancy. :p
  • sashybo
    Options
    Slept not too badly which is good, not planning on doing much today although might go and see my mum later. She's off to Rome tomorrow (jealous :p) for a short break. Need to remember to feed her cats and let them in and out. She works long shifts so they're used to being out and about for long periods of time.

Checked the balance of loan no1 & the interest has been added so had jumped back up to just over 2200 - had £2.50 survey money arrive so have paid that off the loan, which then left a small amount to get it back into the 2100s so have just paid it. :o

Waiting on around £80 survey money arriving, hoping to use most of it towards the debts.:)
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    80 quid survey money is good which sites have you used?
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • sashybo
    Options
    Hi Scott, the bigger payments I'm waiting on atm are from Globaltestmarket & My Survey UK and the smaller ones are p!necone & 0pinion Outpost.
  • sashybo
    Options
    DH is on his way home after weekend away down south & he is going to make me dinner when he gets back. :j

He's just phoned & told me he's invited our friends over for late lunch/early dinner. :mad: I'm not dressed, still need to go on the cross-trainer, I've not had a shower & the house is a mess! Why do men never think things through. :( At least he's doing the cooking - I'm not getting involved. :eek:

It's actually our friends who are giving us the cotbed, so we probably do at least owe them dinner. :rotfl: However they were only meant to be dropping off the cotbed before DH's bright idea. :cool:

Stuck ingredients in the breadmaker before I went to bed last night so nice fresh bread was ready this morning. :) Only problem with that is that I need to have a slice of it with jam now. The cats are harrassing me as they want a bit too. :cool: Who knew cats liked bread? Mine do anyway, you'd think we never fed them. :rotfl:

Can't remember if I mentioned that our oldest cat (nearly 9) has really stinky breath so think his teeth need cleaned. We have a separate savings account that we put money into every month for the cats, so hopefully that will pay any vet bills.

He had a scale & polish about 2 years ago now so probably due another, he has really bad teeth & gums but seems to be a breed thing (he's Siamese). He has dental biscuits every morning, Plaque off powder over his wet food & cat toothpaste every night but doesn't really seem to help. The 2 younger cats are different breeds & their teeth are sparkly & white from all the dental products. :rotfl:

Paid another £100 off loan no1 as DH reminded me we don't have council tax payment this month (how did I forget that? :eek:). We'll have enough to pay £100 off loan no2 as well which is great. :j

Right better go soon as need to go on the cross trainer before having a shower and trying to get organised before the unexpected visitors arrive. :eek:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback