Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 1st Jan 17, 3:04 PM
    • 2,290Posts
    • 14,021Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    New Journey
    • 1st Jan 17, 3:04 PM
    New Journey 1st Jan 17 at 3:04 PM
    I have been hanging around the diaries for around a month , decided to subscribe a get rid of the debt once and for all. I had a dmp which ended 3 years ago but owing to a drop in salary have managed to get myself in around 5 k debt again. Once I have Jan statements for credit card will be able to tell true figures.

I have signed up for swag bucks today and done a couple of surveys. Need to do SOA , but not sure how much to put in categories like household repairs for one .

Any help filling it in gratefully received.
Page 101
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 13th Oct 18, 9:38 AM
    • 2,195 Posts
    • 13,624 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    Hope you enjoy your day out with your friend today Cumbria and manage to buy some Xmas bargains.

Re foxes, my friend lives in the East End of London se extremely urban. She sent me a photo recently of five foxes sprawled out on the top of her garden like they were sunbathing in Ibiza!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017

Next Scrimpy Goal - Ad Hoc Savings - 08/10/2018: £1,719.39
    MONTHS TO RETIREMENT: 31
    My diary: ďPaid off the £31,0000! BUT- still scrimping!Ē
    • milann
    • By milann 13th Oct 18, 7:49 PM
    • 1,934 Posts
    • 9,285 Thanks
    milann
    The birthday treat for your dad sounds lovely- was it the place that does all the lessons in chocolate work at ridiculous prices?

Itís my dds birthday today but I wonít be seeing her. Wished her a happy birthday over the phone but itís not the same. You are so lucky having them close by.

Man in the road was not good - he was lucky he wasnít run over. Bet he had a bad head next day.

Hope youíve had a good day with your friend.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 13th Oct 18, 8:06 PM
    • 57,408 Posts
    • 234,961 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope you had a good day
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 13th Oct 18, 9:19 PM
    • 5,225 Posts
    • 36,718 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    Hope you enjoyed your day out today Cumbria. You've reminded me to book a flu jab too.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017
    NEW GOALS - Build Emergency Fund & Loss of Income Fund. Save for house repairs.
    "Tough times never last, but tough people do" - Robert H Schuller
    • Onebrokelady
    • By Onebrokelady 13th Oct 18, 9:23 PM
    • 627 Posts
    • 2,662 Thanks
    Onebrokelady
    Hi Cumbria lass,I have just caught up on your diary,I'm most impressed with your MSE ways you have done very well,also glad that your health has improved too xx
    Just keep swimming
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £1,306 Total Now Owed = £16,324
    Emergency Fund = £250 Xmas savings = £400
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 14th Oct 18, 8:21 AM
    • 2,290 Posts
    • 14,021 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    The birthday treat for your dad sounds lovely- was it the place that does all the lessons in chocolate work at ridiculous prices?

Itís my dds birthday today but I wonít be seeing her. Wished her a happy birthday over the phone but itís not the same. You are so lucky having them close by.

Man in the road was not good - he was lucky he wasnít run over. Bet he had a bad head next day.

Hope youíve had a good day with your friend.
    Originally posted by milann
    Yes it was that place, my mum thinks Bents Garden Centre food is more superior.
    CC1 £3609
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 14th Oct 18, 8:23 AM
    • 2,290 Posts
    • 14,021 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Hope you enjoy your day out with your friend today Cumbria and manage to buy some Xmas bargains.

Re foxes, my friend lives in the East End of London se extremely urban. She sent me a photo recently of five foxes sprawled out on the top of her garden like they were sunbathing in Ibiza!
    Originally posted by Seasidegal58
    Hope you had a good day
    Originally posted by beanielou
    Thank you SSG , we get foxes quite often here as well.

Day was out was good Beanie.
    CC1 £3609
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 14th Oct 18, 8:25 AM
    • 2,290 Posts
    • 14,021 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Hope you enjoyed your day out today Cumbria. You've reminded me to book a flu jab too.
    Originally posted by HairyHandofDartmoor
    I didn't get for the flu jab in the end , there are 2 more dates so will go then.
    CC1 £3609
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 14th Oct 18, 8:26 AM
    • 2,290 Posts
    • 14,021 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Hi Cumbria lass,I have just caught up on your diary,I'm most impressed with your MSE ways you have done very well,also glad that your health has improved too xx
    Originally posted by Onebrokelady
    Thank you for your comments OBL , I guess I just try to live on a small salary but enjoy life as well.
    CC1 £3609
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 14th Oct 18, 8:31 AM
    • 2,290 Posts
    • 14,021 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Yesterday shopping trip involved a trip to a town that still has a brilliant market , which is something my part of town misses . More Christmas shopping done , one task today is to see how much more I need to finish. Not much I don't think. Then I will concentrate on wrapping and card writing.

My friend and I were in Costa that long that one of the staff brought us some water to drink as he could see we were having a good chat . Anyway we are all caught up with each other now !

Today is shopping, ironing , balancing the books and getting ready for the week ahead.
    CC1 £3609
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 14th Oct 18, 3:25 PM
    • 2,290 Posts
    • 14,021 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Shopping and ironing done .

Been in the cupboard of doom to get out the boxes that hold my own children's toys, that I saved in the hope of grandchildren. They have proved very useful , today I have put the baby toys away and got out dolls for DGD and clothes . One doll was mine and must be 50 yr old. I have cleaned them up and washed all the clothes. She will have lots of fun with them. Next lot of stuff to come out is Barbies I have loads of them. Baby toys gone away just in case DS ever produces more DGC .

Off to sort finances out now and get my lunch ready for tomorrow.
    CC1 £3609
    • Onebrokelady
    • By Onebrokelady 14th Oct 18, 5:29 PM
    • 627 Posts
    • 2,662 Thanks
    Onebrokelady
    I tend to go to the same Costa in town most of the time,when we used to go it was always later in the day and if they had any cake that wasn't selling they used to bring some free pieces over for me and my friends,the staff have all changed there now so no more free cake but it's still my favourite coffee shop
    Just keep swimming
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £1,306 Total Now Owed = £16,324
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 14th Oct 18, 9:21 PM
    • 2,195 Posts
    • 13,624 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    Your shopping trip at the market sounded fun Cumbria - no good markets locally here neither.

Bet DGD will love the dolls. And how great to have all the Barbies to play with as well!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017

Next Scrimpy Goal - Ad Hoc Savings - 08/10/2018: £1,719.39
    MONTHS TO RETIREMENT: 31
    My diary: ďPaid off the £31,0000! BUT- still scrimping!Ē
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 14th Oct 18, 9:43 PM
    • 5,225 Posts
    • 36,718 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    It's nice for your DGC to play with toys that your DC used to play with .
    • Treadingonplaymobil
    • By Treadingonplaymobil 15th Oct 18, 5:20 AM
    • 1,749 Posts
    • 17,911 Thanks
    Treadingonplaymobil
    Lovely that your DGC play with your and your DC's old toys - my mum has kept a lot of our old toys and has the same. I won't have much of the same myself - our house has no loft and is way too small to hang on to much!
    £67,031.92 is a frightening number indeed... The debt free diary of one family and their enormous debt
    LBM debt on 12th Feb 2017: £38,608 unsecured debt/£20,000 parental loan/£173,282 mortgage = £231,890
    debt on 1st Sept 2018: £12,221.27 unsecured debt/£19,940 parental loan/£191,003.72 mortgage = £223,165
    • Onebrokelady
    • By Onebrokelady 15th Oct 18, 12:02 PM
    • 627 Posts
    • 2,662 Thanks
    Onebrokelady
    I've saved some toys too but DGS is too young to play with any of it yet and it's girly stuff,I have my daughters old Sylvanian family house from before they went all plastic and horrible,however with my love of all things miniature I'm thinking of refurbishing it,it would look lovely done in a Scandi style
    Just keep swimming
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 15th Oct 18, 7:41 PM
    • 2,290 Posts
    • 14,021 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Just an ordinary day today, work busy but manageable so all good. Another collection so £2 gone in that .

Was going to do all sorts tonight but decided to just chilll, in my pyjamas .

That's it .
    CC1 £3609
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 15th Oct 18, 8:30 PM
    • 5,225 Posts
    • 36,718 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    Nothing wrong with pyjama chilling .
    • Lilith1980
    • By Lilith1980 16th Oct 18, 4:58 AM
    • 1,909 Posts
    • 5,488 Thanks
    Lilith1980
    I love chilling in my PJs, especially being warm and toasty indoors at this time of year
    My debt-free diary
    • joeyjimbles
    • By joeyjimbles 16th Oct 18, 1:57 PM
    • 1,656 Posts
    • 8,944 Thanks
    joeyjimbles
    I think an evening in PJs with a good book and a hot drink/small glass of something is very necessary. OH was away with work last night and DS2 decided to have a very early night, so after a bath I sat in my PJs and furry blankets in the big chair with the latest Kate Mosse and the end of Sunday's wine - absolute bliss.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,471Posts Today

7,353Users online

Martin's Twitter