Santas challenge 2017

Options

Comments

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    chanie wrote: »
    They had some men's socks with mistletoe and the word 'mistle toes' which scanned for ..... wait for it...... drum roll......... 4p. Yes. 4p. Plus 3 for 2, so 6 pairs for 16p. The irony is that I don't have 6 men to give them to (have earmarked 3-4, so only a few spares).

Weyhey! that's a bargain and a half!

Get to drive next week, but Mr T isn't top of the list as fridge still well stocked and car half full of fuel. (It's a 30 mile round trip.)
    I've arranged to collect dogs Tuesday with a friend and hoping the kennels will give them a bath after 6 + weeks as they will smell very kennel-y.

last two weeks have been..... not good. Wretched knee was throbbing last Sat even 'though I was half way through antibiotics course number 2. Now on course no.3!(different drug) ... needless to say I really want this to heal up.
    have walking stick instead of crutches from yesterday.
    See consultant on Weds at the six week check and I've been told not to go swimming before then.
    Cabin fever, no swimming and grey days =very very fed up!!! :wall:
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • foxyloxy11
    Options
    Katiehound hope your knee gets better soon

Went to Mr T yesterday and got some gorgeous wooden signs with a rotating block saying naughty or nice DOWN TO 15P!!
    Also a little scalloped mirror with a grey hanging ribbon with a glittery 'i'm dreaming of a white xmas' in the mirror DOWN TO 30P!
    Got 4 of each for little pressies next year.
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000- End of Baby Step 3 (A work in progress)
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No Xmas bargains for me, although I haven't had much time to go shopping. This year, I'm going to be more focussed on what I buy for the children's stockings. I bought DD a few craft sets, but they were opened over Xmas and destroyed before they were finished. Luckily, they were cheap, but I still felt they were a waste of money, so I won't do that again.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Hope things improve for you soon with your knee Katiehound. I remember the bone infections in my twenties and knee ops in my 30s, the constant antibiotics and bed rest, it does get you down and tired aswell:( Sending ((hugs)).

Apart from YS grocery items, after battling for the gift my daughter wanted in the 70% B@@ts sale, everything has slowed down-even the thrill of chasing reduced Christmas socks in Tes@o has worn off.
    Just working on birthdays now. Have a lot in the first four months, first parcel sent out this week. It was a great feeling having the presents already bought last year for this birthday bec of the expense of all the birthdays coming up. Just got to make sure I keep on a roll with this as it does make life so much easier....and cheaper!:money:
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • chanie
    Options
    It was a great feeling having the presents already bought last year for this birthday bec of the expense of all the birthdays coming up. Just got to make sure I keep on a roll with this as it does make life so much easier....and cheaper!:money:

I love that feeling too. Even more so when i've managed to get the perfect gift at a bargain price!!!
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Chanie, I am totally with you on that. I've found that by buying early not only saves me money but it gives u time to find that perfect gift at a bargain price.
    If anything, I found too many ideal gifts for the youngsters in the family, it has made it so difficult to choose as I know they would have liked them all.
    I'm able to get abit extra as the presents come from 6 of us from one side of the family, but the money that can be saved and the time that it saves because u are not rushing around last minute buying any old !!!!, esp when some days my mind is in full gear but my body just can't do it, or I have one of my hospital appointments 3 hours away.
  • Katiehound
    Options
    Obviously haven't been reading my stars! more doom & gloom!!!

Today went to start car (it was taken for a 10 mile trip 3 weeks ago)- battery flat as a pancake. Garage asked if I had ever bought one because it will probably play up from now on........I said you only want to sell one to me! (he said "True!")... no, I realise I could well get stranded in the future...no thanks!

However they sent a chap & battery. Turns out this was the original battery- it has lasted 9years + 8 months & 78K miles so I suppose I should not complain. Don't know what the financial damage is as I said I would pay Weds when my credit card feels happier!

Annual travel insurance up in air- have booked a cruise that exceeds the max time allowance. First time I have ever booked one that long! at least I found out now....by reading the small print to a cruising friend ..cos I wouldn't have been covered at all!

Sitting room is back to normal now with settee reinstated from a bed, dog beds shifted in, no comment about the junk, it's still here!
    Going to get the hounds tomorrow at 11, will have to stand well back as 'Mr Whiplash' wags his tail furiously at knee height. (Ouch) Guess they will be very happy after their 6 week + stay.

Still not feeling great- think these anti-biotics making me feel nauseous but needs must. Consultant appt and last dose on Weds. Let's hope that is IT!
    Byeee
    Many thanks
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • chanie
    Options
    Chanie, I am totally with you on that. I've found that by buying early not only saves me money but it gives u time to find that perfect gift at a bargain price.
    If anything, I found too many ideal gifts for the youngsters in the family, it has made it so difficult to choose as I know they would have liked them all.
    I'm able to get abit extra as the presents come from 6 of us from one side of the family, but the money that can be saved and the time that it saves because u are not rushing around last minute buying any old !!!!, esp when some days my mind is in full gear but my body just can't do it, or I have one of my hospital appointments 3 hours away.

The children in my family are aged 5-15 and I'm finding it harder to bargain hunt. The older ones want money, which is never on sale and the younger ones ask for specific items, but I can't buy them now as the children would have changed their minds by Xmas!!! But at least I'm getting them presents they will enjoy.

Katie - I hope you are feeling better.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Luckily I only have a couple of older ones to buy for thank goodness and I find girls easier to buy for (prob Bec my daughter is 18), but with the little ones I have found boys so much easier to buy for-there is too much selection:o and struggle with the girls. With the ones I have to send I am always looking for clues in correspondence to make sure I'm on the right track!!:A

My daughter wanted to go to The Range before Christmas, I was just floating around as I didn't need anything and ended up picking up some cheap craft bits for myself and 2 jewellery making sets down from £10 to £1.50 for my cousin's kids. one cousin always films their kids opening our parcels. It's fab seeing their reactions.......clothes never have a brilliant reception:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Katiehound-sorry that you are having a tough time at the minute, here's hoping things start to look up soon and I bet it will be so good getting your dogs home:)
  • Katiehound
    Options
    Yes, the fur babies are home! Large cheque needed! They are the right weight, have been bathed and in excellent condition. My boy had to stand up and kiss the owner as we left leaving muddy paw prints on her jumper!

My friend helped me and we ran them between us on the small fenced playing field and then my dog walker took them for 3/4 hour run/walk two hours later because we shall only have very slow walks around the block last thing at night and early morning at the moment. Now they are exhausted, fast asleep on their doggy duvets!

Travel insurance came up trumps- they have agreed to extend my insurance by 4? 5? days at no extra cost. Big thrill......as I was expecting them to say I would have to buy extra single insurance.
    Many thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure