Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stephthechosenone
    • By stephthechosenone 29th Dec 16, 2:20 PM
    • 25Posts
    • 33Thanks
    stephthechosenone
    County Court Claim Form - PCM at Heath Parade - NW9
    • 29th Dec 16, 2:20 PM
    County Court Claim Form - PCM at Heath Parade - NW9 29th Dec 16 at 2:20 PM
    Hi there, pleased to meet you all!

I have fallen victim to the predators Parking Control Management at the infamous Heath Parade - NW9 location.

To give you a bit of history...

- I have been accused of parking at the above location and am now being chased for a 235.50 amount
    - The evidence shows I was at the location for 1min 50 secs
    - My hazard lights were on, as shown in the evidence, as there was an issue with my brakes at the time
    - I have a letter from Chevrolet which confirms there have been issues with certain cars' break fluid and that they will change mine free of charge

I contend that:
    - No contract was formed between myself and PCM as the terms of parking are prohibitive and offer no service (see PARKING CONTROL MANAGEMENT (UK)-v-CHRISTOPHER BULL), and/or was not in my reasonable control to breach said terms (brakes issue)
    - There was apparently no grace period, as stipulated in the IPC Code of Conduct, of which PCM are a member and have been since 2014
    - The 150 they claim in PoC is not an realistic estimation of cost, and resembles a penalty, unenforceable by law
    - IPC Code of Practice also states that companies should not engage in predatory tactics, of which this more than likely falls under

What I have:
    • I received the notice to keeper in July
    • I have received the debt collectors letters
    • I have received the letter before claim from Gladstones
    • I did nothing each time (reasons I will divulge later)

I am now going to send the acknowledgement of service but would love help piecing together a defence. Any help soon is welcome!

P.s. Hope everyone's had a merry Christmas! I certainly won't let this dampen the end of the year for me =)
Page 5
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 29th Jan 18, 11:34 PM
    • 56,325 Posts
    • 69,940 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Labour councillor, Gill Sargeant.
    Someone local should tell her the latest...and ask how this 1million will be refunded?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• nigelbb
    • By nigelbb 30th Jan 18, 4:56 AM
    • 1,983 Posts
    • 2,740 Thanks
    nigelbb
    sorry you are right, not PCM. But still very incestuous that the solicitor acting for the claimant PCM is also sharing a director with a supposedly independent parking adjudicator

(but looking at the types of agent that turn up to represent them in court, it seems to me lots of inbreeding has gone on among this nasty gang of dishonest scammers)
    Originally posted by AmoUK
    Being tried for perverting the course of justice is not something that happens to a solicitor every day so Will Hurley must have been very grateful that he was acquitted as it was decided that it could not be proved beyond reasonable doubt that he had interfered with a witness in a murder case. So he left the court without a stain on his character & went on shortly afterwards to join Gladstones where his character continues to be unstained.

http://www.winsfordguardian.co.uk/news/9007477.Winsford_solicitor_on_trial_for_perverting _the_course_of_justice/
    • zaklondon
    • By zaklondon 30th Jan 18, 8:29 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    zaklondon
    Do you have the postcode and name of the new block? I'll look on the land registry docs
    • I-LOV-MONEY
    • By I-LOV-MONEY 30th Jan 18, 10:18 AM
    • 996 Posts
    • 564 Thanks
    I-LOV-MONEY
    Do you have the postcode and name of the new block? I'll look on the land registry docs
    Originally posted by zaklondon
    I don't at present, but will pass that way later today so I will check it then and report back.
    I thank you for reading this message. Maybe you will thank me for posting it!
    • I-LOV-MONEY
    • By I-LOV-MONEY 30th Jan 18, 3:36 PM
    • 996 Posts
    • 564 Thanks
    I-LOV-MONEY
    Some good news! I have just checked Heath Parade and it has now been taken over by the Council. Part of the parking bay is restricted for Goods Vehicles at anytime, and the other part is for general parking between 0700-2300 (Mon-Sun), 30 mins parking and no return in 2 hours. The PCM notices are still there, but I saw 'Mrs Sunglasses' (currently without!), on the other road - see next post - and she confirmed the Council had taken it over.
    • I-LOV-MONEY
    • By I-LOV-MONEY 30th Jan 18, 3:40 PM
    • 996 Posts
    • 564 Thanks
    I-LOV-MONEY
    The nearby road where PCM have signs is Cherry Close,
    NW9 5FP (although that maybe for some older property on the road), the new flats which is at right angles to the main road, and includes Panavia Court, is listed as the main road, Bristol Avenue, NW9 4BS. There is also a gated car park alongside the flats in Cherry Close.
    • zaklondon
    • By zaklondon 30th Jan 18, 10:36 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    zaklondon
    Ok. I'll go over later in the week with the land registry map and let you know
    • Dhudds
    • By Dhudds 5th Feb 18, 3:01 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dhudds
    Congratulations
    Do not pay parking control management or gladstones solicitors for Heath parade parking nw9

I won case today at Clerkenwell and Shoreditch County Court on simple fact that pcm do not have authority of the freeholder.

Contact me for land registry documents and defence copy.
    ---------
    Hello Mate,
    Congratulations for your success.
    As you've suggested will you please email me the land registry details and your defence as I will be attending the court for stopping in the Heath Parade, NW9.

Much appreciated.
    Regards
    Dan
    • I-LOV-MONEY
    • By I-LOV-MONEY 5th Feb 18, 9:17 AM
    • 996 Posts
    • 564 Thanks
    I-LOV-MONEY
    Ok. I'll go over later in the week with the land registry map and let you know
    Hi Zak

Have you managed to go over yet?
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 5th Feb 18, 9:35 AM
    • 9,088 Posts
    • 8,783 Thanks
    The Deep
    Watch the second reading of a bill which should put these clowns out of business,

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

complain to your MP and your local Trading Standards Department (in writing), do not bother with CAB who are ineffectual.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • AmoUK
    • By AmoUK 5th Feb 18, 6:57 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    AmoUK
    hello dan

please private message me your email and i;ll forward you the Defence and supporting evidence from Land Registry
    • AmoUK
    • By AmoUK 5th Feb 18, 6:59 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    AmoUK
    i did go and look at the other parking controls around the corner and they do appear legitimate, not a scam like Heath Parade, as they are on actual residents parking bays for private flats.

from the records i can see the land appears to be owned by Choices for Grahame Park so it depends on whether PCM have authority from them to manage that parking area.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 5th Feb 18, 8:23 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,295 Thanks
    pappa golf
    i did go and look at the other parking controls around the corner and they do appear legitimate, not a scam like Heath Parade, as they are on actual residents parking bays for private flats.

from the records i can see the land appears to be owned by Choices for Grahame Park so it depends on whether PCM have authority from them to manage that parking area.
    do appear legitimate, , define legitimate?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Feb 18, 9:02 PM
    • 56,325 Posts
    • 69,940 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Not seen PCM and 'legitimate' used in the same sentence before.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• I-LOV-MONEY
    • By I-LOV-MONEY 5th Feb 18, 11:06 PM
    • 996 Posts
    • 564 Thanks
    I-LOV-MONEY

How can we found that out?
    • Dhudds
    • By Dhudds 8th Feb 18, 12:34 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dhudds
    Message sent
    hello dan

please private message me your email and i;ll forward you the Defence and supporting evidence from Land Registry
    Hi Zak,

I did.

Thanks
    • zaklondon
    • By zaklondon 2nd Apr 18, 1:23 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    zaklondon
    Legitimate as in serving a purpose - the bays are genuine residential parking bays directly outside apartment blocks

(Unlike heath parade which was just a trap)
    • zaklondon
    • By zaklondon 2nd Apr 18, 1:24 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    zaklondon
    If you message me if can email you land registry map
    • I-LOV-MONEY
    • By I-LOV-MONEY 2nd Apr 18, 1:53 PM
    • 996 Posts
    • 564 Thanks
    I-LOV-MONEY
    Legitimate as in serving a purpose - the bays are genuine residential parking bays directly outside apartment blocks

(Unlike heath parade which was just a trap)
    I am confused!! Where are these parking bays you are referring to?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,846Posts Today

7,871Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I hate customer service lines that ALWAYS say, every time you ring (at any time in the day)... "sorry we are experi? https://t.co/GGCGM0WNai

• After the news I'm suing facebook over scam ads, people keep sending me ads with my pic in asking, ?is THIS ad with? https://t.co/lhTmijgnWt

• So Facebook just waxed lyrical about all the things they're doing to stop fake ads. Whoop de whoop. Yet THESE SCA? https://t.co/hP4q6kRuuQ

• Follow Martin