Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • robinwilson16
    • By robinwilson16 16th Dec 16, 1:22 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    robinwilson16
    Homefuels Direct - Failed Deliveries and Rude Staff
    • 16th Dec 16, 1:22 AM
    Homefuels Direct - Failed Deliveries and Rude Staff 16th Dec 16 at 1:22 AM
    Just used this company again and experienced the worst service I think I have ever had and after 3 failed deliveries, people not getting back when they say they will on multiple occasions and rude staff that tell me they are fed up with me I have to say I am certainly fed up with their poor service and attitude.
    I still do not have the oil I have paid them over 200 for and fear I never will. Luckily I purchased on a Visa Credit card so I can perform a chargeback if I need to.

The previous time they delivered oil they failed to deliver it on the first date but did on the second although the man came early in the morning at the weekend at about 7:15 and was banging on the door and ringing me to get me to go and show!him where the tank was when he was standing beside it and after telling him I was going back to bed he continued to ring and knock on the door and I had to keep going back but it was only to update me and then tell me he had finished which was very annoying when I told him I was trying to sleep.

Has anyone else used this company and have you had similar experiences to me?

I have been told the driver is sick, the lorry broke down, they are short of staff, they brought a lorry that was too large and all sorts of really when I have asked so they just seem to say anything to get rid of me.
    Last edited by robinwilson16; 16-12-2016 at 1:27 AM. Reason: Editor is replacing spaces with ! for no apparent reason
Page 1
    • robinwilson16
    • By robinwilson16 17th Dec 16, 6:53 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    robinwilson16
    • 17th Dec 16, 6:53 PM
    • 17th Dec 16, 6:53 PM
    The company have now failed to deliver for a 5th time so I have now waited for over 2 weeks for my oil and it is getting worryingly low.
    I have also discovered if you phone after they have closed the message on the phone just says all their lines are busy and to leave my details and someone will get straight back to me. Also if I ring from two mobiles at the same time then the number is engaged proving they only have one line and one person answering the phone.

For a company whose only function is to deliver oil they are pretty useless!
    I also posted to their Facebook page and my post was deleted and I never received a response.
    • robinwilson16
    • By robinwilson16 21st Dec 16, 12:51 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    robinwilson16
    • 21st Dec 16, 12:51 PM
    • 21st Dec 16, 12:51 PM
    I just wanted to reply and say that the oil has now been successfully delivered and the owner of the company phoned me and personally apologised and explained the reasons for the delay which was much appreciated so I am pleased I have my oil in time for Christmas.
    • lukeryder145
    • By lukeryder145 7th Mar 18, 9:37 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lukeryder145
    • 7th Mar 18, 9:37 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 9:37 PM
    Considering the snow last week and the chaos that was caused last week they have delivered a lot quicker to my house than i though they would because of the amount of snow we had.
    • marinaqp
    • By marinaqp 9th Mar 18, 11:24 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    marinaqp
    • 9th Mar 18, 11:24 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 11:24 AM
    It seems they are up to their old tricks again and I can repeat almost word for word the original posting by robinwilson. And absolutely no way of getting in touch with them as they are not answering phones, replying to emails and are wiping FB messages they don't like.

Update - received phone call to say oil had been delivered at last. It still doesn't change the very poor communication - which I see is one of the main complaints by others too, and if doing a good job is ruined by lax communication I would like to think this could be addressed to improve customer satisfaction and reduce negative comments like mine.
    Last edited by marinaqp; 09-03-2018 at 2:45 PM. Reason: Update
    • Pennylane
    • By Pennylane 14th Mar 18, 6:03 PM
    • 2,006 Posts
    • 5,452 Thanks
    Pennylane
    • 14th Mar 18, 6:03 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 6:03 PM
    Absolutely avoid this company! Ordered and paid for oil on 1 March and was emailed to say up to 7 days wait. We are now on day 14 and still no oil. They do not answer phones, they dont answer emails, they dont publish your comments on Facebook. Its like dealing with a brick wall.

Had I been told last week that it would take this long I would have cancelled my order and gone elsewhere. I cant even speak to anybody to cancel my order. Hopeless and we are getting cold!
    • Pennylane
    • By Pennylane 15th Mar 18, 2:13 PM
    • 2,006 Posts
    • 5,452 Thanks
    Pennylane
    • 15th Mar 18, 2:13 PM
    • 15th Mar 18, 2:13 PM
    Day 15 now and still no oil. Do not order oil from these people. I went via Fuel Tools and they have been no help either.
    • Pennylane
    • By Pennylane 15th Mar 18, 9:05 PM
    • 2,006 Posts
    • 5,452 Thanks
    Pennylane
    • 15th Mar 18, 9:05 PM
    • 15th Mar 18, 9:05 PM
    I dont think these cowboys know what theyre doing!

I was finally phoned today and told that my oil would be here tomorrow (day 16). Later I received an email to say it will now be Saturday 17th. So 17 days and counting.

If they had told me last week that there were problems I might have been able to cancel my order and purchase elsewhere.
    • Pennylane
    • By Pennylane 17th Mar 18, 10:35 AM
    • 2,006 Posts
    • 5,452 Thanks
    Pennylane
    • 17th Mar 18, 10:35 AM
    • 17th Mar 18, 10:35 AM
    Finally received my oil but its been a long, cold wait. I would strongly suggest that people do not use HomeFuels Direct as they are absolutely hopeless.

I would also say do NOT use FuelTool for price comparison as they said Homefuels Direct would be my supplier and would deliver within 7 days. FuelTool were the people who took my money but they are as bad as Homefuels Direct as neither of them want to know if there is a problem. They ignore phonecalls and emails. FuelTool sent ONE email to HomeFuels asking them to make my delivery urgent and have never replied to any more phonecalls or emails.

Aside from the dreadful communication you dont know who will be supplying your oil until theyve taken your money so you cant even go to review sites and check them out. AVOID!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

178Posts Today

1,629Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin