Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • Stephen Leak
    • 21st Sep 07, 2:58 PM
    • 21st Sep 07, 2:58 PM
    Not getting telephone calls returned by a financial institution? Welcome to my world. :rolleyes:
    • Stumpy
    • By Stumpy 21st Sep 07, 7:43 PM
    • 1,092 Posts
    • 313 Thanks
    Stumpy
    • 21st Sep 07, 7:43 PM
    • 21st Sep 07, 7:43 PM
    Cool letter .... very funny (in that I've written many similar in my time, although admittedly more to shops, etc) - do you think you'll get any vouchers as an apology for your time wasted?! :rolleyes:
    • olly300
    • By olly300 22nd Sep 07, 8:52 AM
    • 14,312 Posts
    • 13,632 Thanks
    olly300
    • 22nd Sep 07, 8:52 AM
    • 22nd Sep 07, 8:52 AM
    Agree it's a funny letter maybe you should get a broadsheet to publish it. That way the Treasury Press Office will definitely know who you are and the population will know how out dated some civil servants are.

BTW Strangely I've noticed it's the people who call the shots in the civil service have v. little knowledge of the internet and technical usability.
    • Karmacat
    • By Karmacat 23rd Sep 07, 9:15 AM
    • 31,688 Posts
    • 187,013 Thanks
    Karmacat
    • 23rd Sep 07, 9:15 AM
    • 23rd Sep 07, 9:15 AM
    Interesting situation........ it really does seem like its more about the civil servants than about the government. The complacency and the arrogance are startling, especially given the emergency situation; and what's more, didn't Gordon Brown take up this point, about money thats redeposited? I think someone may have been listening to you on tv, Martin, even if they wouldn't return your calls.

Martin for Prime Minister. You *know* it makes sense!
    Downsized and paid off mortgage 2010
    Retired August 2016
    Paid off French mortgage September 2018
  • harryhound
    • 26th Sep 07, 9:52 AM
    • 26th Sep 07, 9:52 AM

Strangely I've noticed it's the people who call the shots in the civil service have v. little knowledge of the internet and technical usability.
    Originally posted by olly300
    They don't know how to type - that is their sek-ret-ary's job - probably don't know how an "Oyster" card works either.

Thinks, must remember to ask the chauffeur !
    • now a mum&skint
    • By now a mum&skint 26th Sep 07, 2:46 PM
    • 2,207 Posts
    • 8,033 Thanks
    now a mum&skint
    • 26th Sep 07, 2:46 PM
    • 26th Sep 07, 2:46 PM
    yay!!!.........I agree...... Martin, for Prime Minister!!! xxx
    This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man. (SHAKESPEARE, Hamlet, 1600)

Comp wins : Oct : Michael Buble goodies
    Nov: jar of Baxters red slaw deli toppers
  • steveblower
    • 4th Oct 07, 2:35 AM
    • 4th Oct 07, 2:35 AM
    Martin, I am just wondering if you have had any reaction from the call back people, yet?
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 4th Oct 07, 8:24 AM
    • 8,115 Posts
    • 42,285 Thanks
    MSE Martin
    • 4th Oct 07, 8:24 AM
    • 4th Oct 07, 8:24 AM
    Martin, I am just wondering if you have had any reaction from the call back people, yet?
    Originally posted by steveblower
    No! Not a dicky bird
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

135Posts Today

1,540Users online

Martin's Twitter