Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 14th Dec 16, 5:00 AM
    • 779Posts
    • 2,035Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    If i can earn funds from surveys anyone can
    • 14th Dec 16, 5:00 AM
    If i can earn funds from surveys anyone can 14th Dec 16 at 5:00 AM
    Hi Guys i am starting a new journal i am in the process of closing my former journal/account down.

I will post on my former debt free diary so people know who i am soon. I recently went through a separation so things are not great at the moment.

Alot of the guys will know me as the survey guru lol

I will post again soon
    Last edited by Scott_Weiland; 25-01-2018 at 1:47 PM.
Page 41
    • Scott-Weiland
    • By Scott-Weiland 3rd Aug 18, 10:47 PM
    • 315 Posts
    • 704 Thanks
    Scott-Weiland
    I had nowt but grief with the disc brakes on my giant in the past. It was a mtb but i am not a fan of them, waste of weight and pointless definetly on a road or cyclocross bike.

I agree you can get a decent set of cantis for 50-60 quid.

Re brakes and hydraulic ones best i had were on my husky racing rig. Magura hydraulic vbrakes hs11's google them they were able to stop a team of 3 huskies, i did use them on bigger tesms but the brakes would lock and i would get dragged
    Cashback Earnings Ish YTD £74.66 Survey Earnings YTD Ish £550.84
    Qmee £55.14 Since 3/11/2018
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 3rd Aug 18, 11:09 PM
    • 1,712 Posts
    • 9,450 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    The ones on my cake are HAYES and they are not made anymore, looking at either Shimano or Magura to replace them. The discs themselves are apparently the original Bontrager ones and according to my local bike shop mechanic they are, and I quote, "f***ing bombproof mate!".
    I can get a hold of a set of HAYES levers but parts are getting scarce, whereas Shimano and Magura are easier to come by...
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Scott-Weiland
    • By Scott-Weiland 4th Aug 18, 7:57 AM
    • 315 Posts
    • 704 Thanks
    Scott-Weiland
    So is it a vbrake your looking at?? Or a disc brake or canti system your looking at???

Hayes dont make stuff no more but i am sure my mate said clark breaks use hayes parts.
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 4th Aug 18, 8:06 AM
    • 2,497 Posts
    • 15,572 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Morning, just popping in to say enjoy your holiday when it arrives . Cyprus will be hot , hopefully not as hot as Spain and Portugal. Be in the north east myself next weekend, visiting more lovely places .
    CC1 £3500 Nov 2018.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 4th Aug 18, 9:13 AM
    • 1,712 Posts
    • 9,450 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    So is it a vbrake your looking at?? Or a disc brake or canti system your looking at???

Hayes dont make stuff no more but i am sure my mate said clark breaks use hayes parts.
    Originally posted by Scott-Weiland
    I'm looking at keeping the discs and switching to using a wire cabling system to operate them or sticking with hydraulics and using either Shimano or Magura or other lever and tubing set...
    Will check out the Clarks you mentioned as I'm sure I've heard that they are compatible with HAYES too. Cheers
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Scott-Weiland
    • By Scott-Weiland 4th Aug 18, 12:10 PM
    • 315 Posts
    • 704 Thanks
    Scott-Weiland
    Yeah i was chatting with my bike dude a couple of days back and i am sure he mentioned hayes when talking about the Clark brakes.

Well my update i didn't sleep the best last night so i am on chill duty for the next 2-3 hours then i am going to have an hour nana nap lol. I have just got in from doing a 9.3mile run, i feel great but from the waist down i feel about 90 lol. My training is going well, i have about 10 weeks until a half marathon i am entered into do. Gradual increases lol
    • Scott-Weiland
    • By Scott-Weiland 4th Aug 18, 6:10 PM
    • 315 Posts
    • 704 Thanks
    Scott-Weiland
    Morning, just popping in to say enjoy your holiday when it arrives . Cyprus will be hot , hopefully not as hot as Spain and Portugal. Be in the north east myself next weekend, visiting more lovely places .
    Originally posted by Cumbria lass
    Thanks Cumbria I am kinda torn with the holiday, part looking forward to it part dreading it. Its forecast to be in the 30's there next week.
    • Scott-Weiland
    • By Scott-Weiland 6th Aug 18, 5:54 PM
    • 315 Posts
    • 704 Thanks
    Scott-Weiland
    Well today has being a canny day for me my boy is at his grandparents, I have done a primani visit and for 50quid it seems like I bought half the shop. About half a dozen vest, handful of tshirts, flip flops the usual etc etc. My son I could kill him as half the stuff he brought up from down south aint stuff I asked him too.

Survey wise I haven't done any but some payments I have dropped have arrived today ie
    30p cashback
    2.50 from opinion outpost
    and a fiver from swagbucks.

Every little helps guys.

Too do list for me is as follows for tonight and tomorrow I am giving surveys a break as I have done loads.

Complete an upto date SOA I have not done one in ages

Pack for Cyprus

Dig out passports/insurance gumph/tickets/ehic cards.

Post an ipod i sold on ebay today 20 quid off debts

Get some balances off debts that havent being in touch in ages.

Increase the amount i am paying into shares at work.
    Last edited by Scott-Weiland; 06-08-2018 at 7:58 PM.
    • Scott-Weiland
    • By Scott-Weiland 6th Aug 18, 11:05 PM
    • 315 Posts
    • 704 Thanks
    Scott-Weiland
    Right here is my SOA any words of wisdom please feel free guys. I have left a space in between each bit on my Soa for comments be blunt guys.

Income £1725 I dont get any benefits and i averaged out what i have earned into my account for surveys over the last 12months. Survey earns we on average 60pm. Canny boost aye guys.

Rent 400 I have a tenancy for another 18months this wont change

Council Tax 85

Electric 18

Water 40

Gas 20pm This is on a key meter but its low at the minute due to the warm weather last winter double it.

Tv License and Now Tv 20pm

Food 80

Toiletries and Cleaning stuff 15

Clothing and haircuts 27

Child Maintaineance 140

Mobile phone mine and my sons 43.50

Bus Travel Card 105

Gym 30

Sons monthly pocket money 20

Vanquis 20

JD Williams 35

Mortgage with the ex 212

Broadband 26

Train tickets 75, my son lives in Kent i put 75 a month away each month and withdraw it when i buy the tickets. I get my son every school hols bar maybe 1-2 and the tickets are a fortune. 200-300 normally.

Holiday social fund 50, this is for nights out with friends, saving for a holiday for next year if my son enjoys Cyprus.

That leaves me a surplus of £273,50

My debts i dont want to post as i would be on here all night but i have 15 there on a spreadsheet. I am currently paying 175 pm off them all self managed i am going to try and boost that amount to 200 and see how it goes.
    • Scott-Weiland
    • By Scott-Weiland 7th Aug 18, 8:23 PM
    • 315 Posts
    • 704 Thanks
    Scott-Weiland
    Its nearly holiday time whoop whoop x

I had a nightmare early when I realised I had to print off the board cards, issue one I don't have printer. It was a run up to the travel agent arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Bar that my sons room is organised chaos its pile and piles of stuff everywhere. I am waiting for a few things drying on the radiator by 11ish we should be ready to go.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 7th Aug 18, 10:04 PM
    • 2,016 Posts
    • 18,384 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    I think your SOA looks good! I wish some of my things where that low (yes groceries I mean you )

I think you budget really well

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.”
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 7th Aug 18, 10:07 PM
    • 2,497 Posts
    • 15,572 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Have a great break , hope that packing is finished .
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 7th Aug 18, 10:53 PM
    • 1,712 Posts
    • 9,450 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Have a great break with your lad mate.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Scott-Weiland
    • By Scott-Weiland 8th Aug 18, 5:09 AM
    • 315 Posts
    • 704 Thanks
    Scott-Weiland
    I think your SOA looks good! I wish some of my things where that low (yes groceries I mean you )

I think you budget really well

x
    Originally posted by WannabeFree
    Hi Wannafree thanks for posting, i tend to do a tesco shop once a month, the rest of the time i look out for what on offer in home bargains or herons. I spent about 6quid in home bargains yesterday and got the following

3-4 things of passata
    3 boxes of ginger bread green tea
    2 bottles of juice cordial
    nicotine lozenges for the flight today
    Some nescafe azera coffee
    2 packets of taglitelle pasta
    and a can of energy drink.

I live on me own and well i am sort of single so its just me i cook for at the minute lol
    • Scott-Weiland
    • By Scott-Weiland 8th Aug 18, 5:11 AM
    • 315 Posts
    • 704 Thanks
    Scott-Weiland
    Have a great break , hope that packing is finished .
    Originally posted by Cumbria lass
    Yeah me and boyo finished it last night, we then weighed the cases then some tweaking was done. My son seemed to think 19tshirts and 2 pairs of short was fine lol
    • Scott-Weiland
    • By Scott-Weiland 8th Aug 18, 5:13 AM
    • 315 Posts
    • 704 Thanks
    Scott-Weiland
    Have a great break with your lad mate.
    Originally posted by UncannyScot
    Thanks mate i will try, we fly out at 2.05pm from Geordie Airways i havent being able to sleep so i think i will probs be asleep on the plane.
    • Scott-Weiland
    • By Scott-Weiland 18th Aug 18, 12:10 AM
    • 315 Posts
    • 704 Thanks
    Scott-Weiland
    I am back people I hope everyone is well??

My holiday went canny a few awkward moments with the ex but I haven't heard from her since I got back. I have a tan that's amazing lol, it was 29degrees when we landed at 9pm lol most days it was 32-35degrees bar one when it was a cloudy 28 degrees lol. I have had to go to morrisons today and restock up on aftersun as I am a bit cooked lol.
    We arrived back yesterday at 2am i will post a bigger diary update later.
    • Scott-Weiland
    • By Scott-Weiland 19th Aug 18, 8:19 PM
    • 315 Posts
    • 704 Thanks
    Scott-Weiland
    Well its back to reality I am afraid I am off work till Wednesday and my boy is up until the following Monday.

Being back to reality sucks, but I am hammering the surveys as I spent so much money overseas. Our all inclusive was good but we did quite a few trips I can really recommend Cyprus. We stayed about ten mins from Paphos harbour, trip wise we went to the water park called Fassouri which is in Limassol, we also did a surf and turf trip where we went to a remote part of the island and we saw the baby turtles, finally my main expense was watersports Jetski's/paragliding/banana boat rides/and errrrm Jetski's lol Yes my son got the Jetski bug.

Survey wise I am doing okay

2.50 dropped from opinion outpost today i also dropped the same yesterday, i did a weird survey where i got 70 odd points for watching an episode of a show on Amazon tv. Also i have had 50p come down in cashback lol.

Prolific is steady at the minute 4.17 in confirmed, and about another 4quid in pending.
    • Homegrown0
    • By Homegrown0 21st Aug 18, 1:37 PM
    • 309 Posts
    • 1,524 Thanks
    Homegrown0
    Glad you enjoyed your holiday Scott, and glad there wasn't grief with the ex! Do you think you're completely cut off now that you're back?
    • Scott-Weiland
    • By Scott-Weiland 21st Aug 18, 2:32 PM
    • 315 Posts
    • 704 Thanks
    Scott-Weiland
    Yes no chance at all of reconciliation I haven't heard from bar once since we got back and that was just her asking if I had seen a few trip advisor reviews regarding the hotel.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

98Posts Today

2,957Users online

Martin's Twitter