Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 14th Dec 16, 5:00 AM
    • 779Posts
    • 2,035Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    If i can earn funds from surveys anyone can
    • 14th Dec 16, 5:00 AM
    If i can earn funds from surveys anyone can 14th Dec 16 at 5:00 AM
    Hi Guys i am starting a new journal i am in the process of closing my former journal/account down.

I will post on my former debt free diary so people know who i am soon. I recently went through a separation so things are not great at the moment.

Alot of the guys will know me as the survey guru lol

I will post again soon
    Last edited by Scott_Weiland; 25-01-2018 at 1:47 PM.
Page 39
    • Scott-Weiland
    • By Scott-Weiland 11th Jul 18, 11:42 AM
    • 255 Posts
    • 546 Thanks
    Scott-Weiland
    Haha I am going on the 8th of August with her and my son. Is no reconciliation for us, I am trying to be politically correct but I had a 19mile walk home last night. Losing my rag and ranting about her is very hard not to do.

Where are you going and I will think about it lol? Cyprus for us.
    Cashback Earnings Ish YTD 72.18 Survey Earnings YTD Ish 429.59
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit."
    • efes shareholder
    • By efes shareholder 11th Jul 18, 12:13 PM
    • 278 Posts
    • 700 Thanks
    efes shareholder
    8th August is out for me DD birthday however I have never been to Cyprus !!!

Its difficult parting company , The anger phase is the worse !

I would not have impressed walking 19 miles
    Last edited by efes shareholder; 11-07-2018 at 12:16 PM.
    • Scott-Weiland
    • By Scott-Weiland 11th Jul 18, 2:59 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 546 Thanks
    Scott-Weiland
    I wasn't, I asked if I could stay and get dropped off in the morning she said no. I wish I had my cards with me as I would of checked into a local b and b but all I had with me was my debit card, I had left my credit card at my flat.

Yes I got in 145 am, she did it to be a C excuse my French.
    • efes shareholder
    • By efes shareholder 11th Jul 18, 3:47 PM
    • 278 Posts
    • 700 Thanks
    efes shareholder
    It wouldn't have hurt would it

Strange how you never really know someone and how they quickly turn in to A'holes

However thinking MSE at least you didnt accrue any debt !
    • lonelyrat
    • By lonelyrat 11th Jul 18, 8:15 PM
    • 425 Posts
    • 1,033 Thanks
    lonelyrat
    Oh man, it's a shame when anything ends but if you're feeling relieved maybe it wasn't right. Also that's a pretty !!!! move not letting you stay! 19 miles is
    Total Debt : 1723.49 / 7266.93
    Weight Loss: 19.2 / 45kg
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 11th Jul 18, 9:42 PM
    • 2,180 Posts
    • 13,273 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Oh flip walking 19 miles not good. Obviously wasn't meant to be , hope you can still go away. Maybe it was OH that made you ill last week .

You have been here before , you will be lucky one day.

Enjoy your time off. At least we are virtual friends and always here to help and offer advice.
    CC1 221 /3718
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 11th Jul 18, 10:38 PM
    • 1,641 Posts
    • 8,945 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Sorry to hear about this Scott
    If they told you to leave knowing that the only way you would get home was to walk the 19 miles to get there then I think you are well shot of them.
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Scott-Weiland
    • By Scott-Weiland 11th Jul 18, 10:55 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 546 Thanks
    Scott-Weiland
    Dont worry guys i am okay, i am very very relieved being truthful. Re our holiday i am hoping she decides she doesnt want to come. I have my passport and my sons i am sure will not be long, i ordered mine on the 23rd and it came on monday. My sons was ordered 3-4 days later.

Yeah she has shown her true colours, i have being so supportive over her son leaving for weeks. Then yesterday i said i wasnt coping with it so she told me to leave basically its not going to get any better and i feel sorry for her but some of the troubles she brings on herself, she reacted like well a bloke putting it bluntly get out blahhh blahhhh. I only told her the truth, i wasn't happy i was sick of the arguments etc She didn't like it.

We had a huge argument on Friday and that big style stuck in my mind,
    • Scott-Weiland
    • By Scott-Weiland 11th Jul 18, 11:09 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 546 Thanks
    Scott-Weiland
    Oh flip walking 19 miles not good. Obviously wasn't meant to be , hope you can still go away. Maybe it was OH that made you ill last week .

You have been here before , you will be lucky one day.

Enjoy your time off. At least we are virtual friends and always here to help and offer advice.
    Originally posted by Cumbria lass
    Tell me about it i have troll feet lol walking nearly 20miles in kswiss trainers is bad lol
    • Scott-Weiland
    • By Scott-Weiland 12th Jul 18, 1:38 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 546 Thanks
    Scott-Weiland
    Signature updated

2.50 came in from opinion outpost today and a tiny amount from top cashback.

I have being and done my good deed for today and dropped some bits off at the local charity shop. An England rugby top that no longer fits and some clothes that doesn't fit my son anymore.
    • Scott-Weiland
    • By Scott-Weiland 12th Jul 18, 6:38 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 546 Thanks
    Scott-Weiland
    Well today has being a productive day, pa is still quiet busy I have done half a dozen surveys today I have 8.50 in pending and I have just dropped 9quid earlier. Due to personal issues I have had to scrimp abit.

Opinion outpost I have dropped 2.50 earlier today.

re the ex and the holiday I haven't heard jack from her.
    • Scott-Weiland
    • By Scott-Weiland 13th Jul 18, 12:04 AM
    • 255 Posts
    • 546 Thanks
    Scott-Weiland
    Well its nearly bed time for me tour de france highlights then a lie in i think as i am back on nights tomorrow. I have a weird rotation in for 2 then off 1 then back in for 1.

I am trying to stay up as after tuesdays events i am pretty cut up. Today has being a good day on the survey front 2 payouts on opinion outpost in a day is rare.

I also pushed swagbuck to 90 points away from payout.

Earlier i spoke with LNER and they are sending me a cheque regarding the balls up Virgin Trains made with a delay repay.
    • Scott-Weiland
    • By Scott-Weiland 15th Jul 18, 11:59 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 546 Thanks
    Scott-Weiland
    Well Swagbucks has paid out for the first time in ages yay.

I am heading into Durham tomorrow to look at bikes as I miss cycling I know that sounds pathetic but I have a mate pushing me to join a triathlon club. I am running 3 days a week and I have now joined a gym a in durham where I am swimming 2-3 days a week.
    Keeping fit keeps me sane.

Haha now mentioning sane me and the ex are talking but reconcilation aint gunna happen.
    • efes shareholder
    • By efes shareholder 16th Jul 18, 9:58 AM
    • 278 Posts
    • 700 Thanks
    efes shareholder
    Are you able to go away together and make the most of the holiday or is that out of the question ?
    • Scott-Weiland
    • By Scott-Weiland 16th Jul 18, 11:17 AM
    • 255 Posts
    • 546 Thanks
    Scott-Weiland
    Well we have talked and we are going to be civil for my sons sake, my son's passport arrived today thankfully so that's one less stress.
    • lonelyrat
    • By lonelyrat 22nd Jul 18, 4:36 PM
    • 425 Posts
    • 1,033 Thanks
    lonelyrat
    Glad the passport came

Embarrassingly I can't cycle... I'm 27 and somehow managed to go this whole time without riding a bike. It's something I do want to remedy! Not sure how to go about it though as there's not that many cycle routes where I live and traffic gives me the fear!

Any update on the holiday?
    Total Debt : 1723.49 / 7266.93
    Weight Loss: 19.2 / 45kg
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 22nd Jul 18, 5:37 PM
    • 2,180 Posts
    • 13,273 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    How are things Scott ? Holiday not far off and all that ?
    CC1 221 /3718
    • Scott-Weiland
    • By Scott-Weiland 23rd Jul 18, 4:17 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 546 Thanks
    Scott-Weiland
    Glad the passport came

Embarrassingly I can't cycle... I'm 27 and somehow managed to go this whole time without riding a bike. It's something I do want to remedy! Not sure how to go about it though as there's not that many cycle routes where I live and traffic gives me the fear!

Any update on the holiday?
    Originally posted by lonelyrat
    Does your work not have a cycle to work scheme??? Most banks tend to, i had one a couple of years ago and i think for a 450 quid bike voucher it was only 38 quid. Plus you get tax relief on what you buy.

Yeah me and the ex and my son are still going, i am not talking to the ex she came here on friday night, things happened that shouldnt of and we then ended up arguing. I think she wanted everything to go back to normal and i dont. I am happier alone as sad as it sounds, we were arguing on Wednesday or Thursday before i went to work and the net result was i got into a bit bother at work. I snapped a collegues head off quite nastily when they were !!!! taking and i got grief as i did not handle a complaint call very well.
    • Scott-Weiland
    • By Scott-Weiland 23rd Jul 18, 4:28 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 546 Thanks
    Scott-Weiland
    How are things Scott ? Holiday not far off and all that ?
    Originally posted by Cumbria lass
    Yeah its not that far away i have just bought the tickets to pick up boyo from London, we fly on the 8th.

Everything could be better Cumbria I am fighting stress and quite low mood, at the minute I am winning just. I am only just coping the only thing that's keeping me up is I am training like a machine. I have joined at gym in durham (work corporate discount helping), the gym has a weights room/sauna/pool/spa/steam room so its really helping. My ex and me are fighting a lot, I am just wanting my time off at work to start as at work I am not coping well.

I have 6 shifts to do, in tonight and tomorrow then off till Saturday. I then have a 3 day week after that and a rogue day on the 3rd then I am done.

Survey update 2.50 from opinion outpost came in over the weekend, and I finally received 50 quid from YouGov today the day after my payday gerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    • Homegrown0
    • By Homegrown0 24th Jul 18, 7:32 AM
    • 188 Posts
    • 842 Thanks
    Homegrown0
    It's a shame that all this stress in your personal life is affecting your work - do you need to see/ speak to the ex before you go on holiday? It might be useful if you can just have radio silence to help you concentrate on getting through work and organised for your holiday and you'll see each other on holiday/ at the airport.

Better late than never on the 50!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

157Posts Today

1,236Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin