Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 14th Dec 16, 5:00 AM
    • 799Posts
    • 2,014Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    If i can earn funds from surveys anyone can
    • 14th Dec 16, 5:00 AM
    If i can earn funds from surveys anyone can 14th Dec 16 at 5:00 AM
    Hi Guys i am starting a new journal i am in the process of closing my former journal/account down.

I will post on my former debt free diary so people know who i am soon. I recently went through a separation so things are not great at the moment.

Alot of the guys will know me as the survey guru lol

I will post again soon
    Last edited by Scott_Weiland; 25-01-2018 at 1:47 PM.
Page 33
    • jvr
    • By jvr 21st Feb 18, 9:46 AM
    • 420 Posts
    • 1,304 Thanks
    jvr
    Hey

Makes total sense that when so many issues are brought up at once it can come crashing down on your head, and it wasn't long ago you lost a friend. It is so much for one person to deal with. I echo what other people have said that trying to find some other support through a GP or other services is a good idea, it sounds like you have some things to work through that have been buried for a long time.
    Debt: £10,006 now £8698.38
    Emergency Fund: 456.17/ £1000

• Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 21st Feb 18, 7:23 PM
    • 799 Posts
    • 2,014 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    This is so true ie as a result of below I broke down quite badly on sunday night. Me and ex mate are done, I couldn't handle seeing him a lot of junk was brought to the surface. I handled it though.

Today I am okay much better frame of mind I just need to handle smoking abit less lol but I am not ready yet.

re the bike Cumbria not yet but once the arctic snow does one I will.

Gosh Scott, it really sounds like a tough time all round, but in a way it might be good that you met that ex-friend and a lot of the repressed stuff was brought up. It was likely to boil up at some point, so may as well be now?
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 25th Feb 18, 6:04 PM
    • 799 Posts
    • 2,014 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Hey

Makes total sense that when so many issues are brought up at once it can come crashing down on your head, and it wasn't long ago you lost a friend. It is so much for one person to deal with. I echo what other people have said that trying to find some other support through a GP or other services is a good idea, it sounds like you have some things to work through that have been buried for a long time.
    Originally posted by jvr
    That's right yeah I lost my oldest friend of 20plus years in September. I am fighting and kinda getting out of the mess I am in but its a slow slow process.
    • JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 26th Feb 18, 11:14 AM
    • 1,789 Posts
    • 6,555 Thanks
    JoJoC
    Hey, just stopping by to say hello and to check you're getting on ok?

How was your weekend?
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 26th Feb 18, 11:44 AM
    • 626 Posts
    • 1,653 Thanks
    Chandelier.
    Hey Scott, just caught up with your diary. I hope you are well and seeing better days.

If you ever need to talk then drop us a message as we both seem to go through similar patches mental health wise.

Please keep taking your meds and hopefully you'll come out of the dark side. They may not always seem to be the answer but they'll help a little. I used to always give up my meds after a short period of time thinking they didn't work when looking back they did. I've now consistently taken my meds for 4/5 months now and even though I still have bad days, there are more good.

Keep doing what you are doing and reach out to your friends when you are low. I too found myself in your position of planning to harm ones self last week but thanks to a friend, he kept me safe and the next day didn't seem as bad. I'm putting all my focus now on getting myself better and improving my physical/mental health as well as other things.

Drop us a PM Scott and we can talk whenever you feel like it.
    Check out my Diary
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 27th Feb 18, 11:06 PM
    • 799 Posts
    • 2,014 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Meds seem to be working I am still kicking guys don't worry all your messages mean so much thank you..
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 28th Feb 18, 12:16 AM
    • 799 Posts
    • 2,014 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Hey, just stopping by to say hello and to check you're getting on ok?

How was your weekend?
    Originally posted by JoJoC
    it was okay it sucked being truthful even England got hammered by the jocks lol which I am sure is the first time in the last decade lol
    • JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 28th Feb 18, 9:18 AM
    • 1,789 Posts
    • 6,555 Thanks
    JoJoC
    Haha yes! First time in 10 years! It was a joyous (and rare) occasion
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 28th Feb 18, 10:48 PM
    • 799 Posts
    • 2,014 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Haha it was a nightmare to watch but you guys played well we were !!!!!s

2.50 collected from opinion outpost

signature updated.

And on a positive note 2 nights off work due to snow lol, the buses at 5pm ish today and yesterday stopped running the snow is the worst I have seen it in years. Think Antarctic lol
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 1st Mar 18, 2:16 PM
    • 799 Posts
    • 2,014 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Make that Snowday 3 of 3 yay lol

I hope everyone is well I am on the mend slowly. I braved getting to the gym in the snow this morning where I live in Co Durham IS like the set of The Day After Tomorrow.
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 1st Mar 18, 3:22 PM
    • 1,921 Posts
    • 11,786 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    Just catching up on your diary Scott. You’ve really been through the mill lately but you’ve had some great advice from your virtual friends.

Good idea to get the toxic “friend” out of your life - you don’t need people like him.

Well done on braving the Arctic conditions! We’ve got it bad down here too. Quite unusual for my area as well! Looks like it should be Christmas from the snowy scene outside!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017

Next Scrimpy Goal - Ad Hoc Savings - 20/05/2018: £646.59
    MONTHS TO RETIREMENT: 35!
    My diary: “Paid off the £31,0000! BUT- still scrimping!”
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 4th Mar 18, 11:40 PM
    • 799 Posts
    • 2,014 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Kerching all of 5.07 dropped from PA signature updated. Hope everyone had a nice weekend and survived the snow safely x
    • JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 5th Mar 18, 10:26 AM
    • 1,789 Posts
    • 6,555 Thanks
    JoJoC
    You're doing awesome with the cashback and survey earnings - long may it continue!

I have a question - when you cash out of PA at £5ish, do you cash out to Circle or Paypal? Does it not charge you a fee everytime you do that? I need to wait until £20 or else it charges a fee. Just wondering!

Snow is finally disappearing here today - sick of the sight of it! I want spring to arrive pronto!

• Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 6th Mar 18, 12:24 PM
    • 799 Posts
    • 2,014 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Thanks JoJoC

It tends to charge a fee but its a minimal amount I don't have the benefit of any benefits coming in weekly as I work no kids etc so I don't tend to wait around until 20quid. I always use paypal plus if prolific went bust by by money.

I know people wait until the 20quid mark I am money hungry and I would rather it in my account than theres and off debts than sitting waiting.
    • JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 6th Mar 18, 5:02 PM
    • 1,789 Posts
    • 6,555 Thanks
    JoJoC
    Fair enough, just wondered if I was missing something.

For me, when the surveys start flowing it doesn't take that long to climb to £20 so I just crack on rather than pay the fee but as you say, it's minimal so doesn't matter that much.

• Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 6th Mar 18, 6:05 PM
    • 799 Posts
    • 2,014 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    For me being honest with PA its so hitty missy, I did 1 yesterday even though every week day this week I have being doing bits and pieces on the pc for work. I have checked the site quite a bit and its usually a handful of surveys one day then nothing for days.

To answer your earlier question jojoc I drew down 5quid and some pennies they took as a cut 30p ish lol I can take the hit on that.

I do miles better with opinion outpost I have just dropped another 2.50 yay, my smallest debit is nearly at sub 100quid. My payment from opinium came in the other day and I am waiting on a cheque still coming from populuslive which known my luck will arrive just prior to payday or on payday lol.
    Last edited by Scott_Weiland; 06-03-2018 at 6:09 PM.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 9th Mar 18, 3:42 AM
    • 799 Posts
    • 2,014 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    I am in the money lol i have just received 41p from top cashback whoop whoop.

re my finances everything is all good my smallest debit which is with first credit i emailed them for a balance and its down to 97.25, all my other debits are getting token payments. I am basically hammering one down then working at the next one up in value on the list. My credit file must be improving as i applied for a new phone ie a Samsung S8 and i was accepted on it straight away no deposit needed.

I am in a better place relationship wise ie none. I fell out with both ex's ie J1 and J2, J2 the Scottish rugby one went nuts at me yesterday as i hadnt come running when her boiler had broke with all the snow. I didnt message her and didnt care she said, i turned around and was a bit of a C being honest. I just turned around and said the F word quite alot. She seems to think i will take her back and that i love her blahhh blahhh which i dont.

Old J ie number one we just dont talk now she can best be described as a facebook or instagram narcassist who loves herself. I miss her loads though shes the one i really wanted it to work as she was lovely bar being abit vain. She us blokes do have feelings lol.

I am staying single and just enjoying dieting/training and i am getting used to spending time with just me. Progress wise i am now 107kg, bf is around 13percent.
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 10th Mar 18, 10:30 AM
    • 1,921 Posts
    • 11,786 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    You sound heaps better Scott and back to your old positive self. Glad that the training is going well.

Try not to worry about J - it hurts I know when you still have feelings for someone but it does get better I promise you!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017

Next Scrimpy Goal - Ad Hoc Savings - 20/05/2018: £646.59
    MONTHS TO RETIREMENT: 35!
    My diary: “Paid off the £31,0000! BUT- still scrimping!”
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 11th Mar 18, 6:08 PM
    • 1,792 Posts
    • 10,811 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Hope the latest snow has departed . You do sound much better at the moment. Just give all the women a wide berth for a while !
    CC1 £3655 April 2018.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 26th Mar 18, 11:10 PM
    • 1,417 Posts
    • 7,943 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Hope all is well with you Scott.

You've been quite quiet lately.
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,667Posts Today

8,343Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin