Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 14th Dec 16, 5:00 AM
    • 799Posts
    • 2,028Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    If i can earn funds from surveys anyone can
    • 14th Dec 16, 5:00 AM
    If i can earn funds from surveys anyone can 14th Dec 16 at 5:00 AM
    Hi Guys i am starting a new journal i am in the process of closing my former journal/account down.

I will post on my former debt free diary so people know who i am soon. I recently went through a separation so things are not great at the moment.

Alot of the guys will know me as the survey guru lol

I will post again soon
    Last edited by Scott_Weiland; 25-01-2018 at 1:47 PM.
Page 31
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 3rd Feb 18, 5:12 PM
    • 799 Posts
    • 2,028 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Hi guys

Sorry I have being quiet this week I have had a low week mood wise and have needed me time I have trained 5times this week and my focus has being diet, training and surveys really.

Yeah Camz its not bad I got an end of year bonus which was just shy of 850 , 525 for the quarter and abit extra for the year overall. Its not loads but I will take it roll on my feb pay.
    re my payrise its 285 its not huge but at work I am in a good place. I can earn 550 a quarter if I stick in. The aim is to get that end of year bonus up for 2018, part of my bonus this year was dropped due to attendance but end of year it can be anywhere upto 1600.

re surveys I am on a waiting game I will update my signature in a ticket but I am now past the threshold on populus live and opinium research that's 75 on route. Re other money I have had some small cashback amounts come in and that's it. I am back to work tonight I will update my signature later.
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 3rd Feb 18, 6:19 PM
    • 1,980 Posts
    • 12,240 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    Hi Scott - sorry to hear you’ve had a mood downer this week, but you’ll be looking very buff after all that training and dieting!

Job situation seems to working out really positively however and how you manage to get those surveys to pay out so well is a real art! Well done!

Have a good shift!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017

Next Scrimpy Goal - Ad Hoc Savings - 20/05/2018: £646.59
    MONTHS TO RETIREMENT: 35!
    My diary: “Paid off the £31,0000! BUT- still scrimping!”
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 9th Feb 18, 1:10 AM
    • 799 Posts
    • 2,028 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    I am not sure how much longer I can keep going on feeling like this I am struggling so bad, when I am at work I hate being there when I am on my days off all I want to do is sleep or drink myself stupid. Life has no meaning I am at my lowest ebb.

Breaking up with J has torn me too bits we did try again but then she told me on sunday she has started dating a new guy and had being out with him twice. I went off the rails and me and a friend met up and well it was a chemistry rebound thing for both of us net result we have slept together and now both of us have fell out too. So I have lost a friend and a long term partner.
    Last edited by Scott_Weiland; 09-02-2018 at 1:15 AM.
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 9th Feb 18, 6:02 AM
    • 1,904 Posts
    • 11,534 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Oh Scott so sorry you feel like this , please go to see your GP as soon as possible.
    CC1 £3475 May 2018
    • jvr
    • By jvr 9th Feb 18, 9:22 AM
    • 420 Posts
    • 1,307 Thanks
    jvr
    Hi Scott,

Really sorry to hear how you're feeling... I totally agree with Cumbria that you need to get in and see your GP. Are there any coping mechanisms you have used before that it's worth trying again?
    Debt: £10,006 now £8698.38
    Emergency Fund: 456.17/ £1000

• Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 9th Feb 18, 10:46 AM
    • 799 Posts
    • 2,028 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    I use them I exercise 4-5 days a week but that's stopped working. Waiting for a gp call back now.
    • JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 9th Feb 18, 10:49 AM
    • 1,836 Posts
    • 6,820 Thanks
    JoJoC
    So sorry that you're feeling so low Scott. You're doing the right thing by getting in touch with your GP and continuing with using exercise as a coping mechanism/ distraction.

Is there anyone you can talk to IRL about things? Any other distractions you can use?

Wish there was more that I/ we could do.
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 9th Feb 18, 1:53 PM
    • 799 Posts
    • 2,028 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    There isn't sadly but thanks my gp was as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

Restart your meds, do you need a sick note no bye. I can't fit you in today how's Monday. I won't relay what I said to her I was in quite a rat, is that what you say to everyone. I lost my head quite a lot no compassion she didn't give a !!!!.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 9th Feb 18, 2:02 PM
    • 1,612 Posts
    • 14,072 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Sorry to hear you're feeling so low.

What about calling one of the helplines available?

Do you have anyone else you can talk too? Would someone at work be understanding and speak to them?

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.”
    • camz2017
    • By camz2017 9th Feb 18, 2:06 PM
    • 347 Posts
    • 594 Thanks
    camz2017
    Hi Scott, I think it is totally normal to go through a bad period when you break up with someone you care about, especially when they go see someone else. So your behaviour in my view is totally rational and in-line with what most people experience. During these times you start thinking "I hate everything" including your job etc.

I know you are struggling and that is normal, but with time you will start to feel better.

Just to clarify a doctor is not a friend, so don't expect that from them, but they are there to try and help out with medications and offer support e.g. a doctors note for an employer. As a side note, if you need someone to message, feel free to drop me a line dude (Y).
    BC 0/15305.83 MBNA: 0/11231.16 TESCO 0/822.87 LOAN 0/4272.67
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 9th Feb 18, 2:46 PM
    • 1,463 Posts
    • 8,213 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Scott, feel free to drop me a PM anytime mate
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 9th Feb 18, 8:21 PM
    • 1,980 Posts
    • 12,240 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    Oh Scott - im really sorry you’re so down.

Really good advice from everybody and I think camz is right - your bad feelings intensify if you suddenly hear somebody you care for is seeing someone else and you feel so hurt. And you WILL start to feel better about it - it just takes a little bit of time.

I do hope you’re feeling more positive this evening (hugs).
    SSG x

• Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 11th Feb 18, 8:42 AM
    • 1,904 Posts
    • 11,534 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Scott how are you today ? I hope you have found some help. Let us know you are ok .
    CC1 £3475 May 2018
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 11th Feb 18, 10:35 AM
    • 1,980 Posts
    • 12,240 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    Yes please let us know Scott.

• JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 12th Feb 18, 11:31 AM
    • 1,836 Posts
    • 6,820 Thanks
    JoJoC
    Hi Scott,

Was thinking about you over the weekend - I hope you're doing ok and looking after yourself.

Let us know you're ok when you can.

Jo
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 14th Feb 18, 9:44 AM
    • 799 Posts
    • 2,028 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Thank you for all the messages guys I am okay, all the messages mean a lot. Sunday I nearly ended it and well I don't want to talk about it but I did something stupid nearly. Note was written the lot but I rang a friend who came to the rescue. Luckily since then the meds I was prescribed have kicked in very slightly so I am kinda back on an even level ish. I apologise if I worried anyone.

I will post again in a few days I am slowly getting back to being survey king xx
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 14th Feb 18, 9:48 AM
    • 1,904 Posts
    • 11,534 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Thanks Scott for the message , I have been thinking about you and looking to see if you had posted. Sorry that you got so low , but grateful to friend who has helped. I can't offer more than that because I have never been in a position as you have.

Take the medicine and hope to see you posting your survey earnings soon.
    CC1 £3475 May 2018
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 14th Feb 18, 9:49 AM
    • 1,463 Posts
    • 8,213 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    SO good to hear from you mate and so glad you made that call

Remember you ever need an ear (well eyes even ) PM me
    You got friends on here Bro
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 14th Feb 18, 10:01 AM
    • 1,836 Posts
    • 6,820 Thanks
    JoJoC
    So, so pleased to hear from you Scott although I'm so sorry about the lows that you found yourself in at the weekend. Really grateful to your friend who was there for you in your time of need and that you're starting to feel human again.

Keep talking, keep seeing your friends and keep those meds on the go and hopefully that combination will help you get back to being yourself again. We're all hear to lend an ear if you ever need it!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 14th Feb 18, 10:02 AM
    • 799 Posts
    • 2,028 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Cumbria and Scotty thanks a lot I did consider messaging both of you, it was my own fault I went on a bit of a bender on my days off as I was so down which hindsight was a poor choice I was out well Thursday till sunday night near enough everyday/night.

It was a low horrible ebb I never will do that again as when I got home sunday night I felt horrendous, I drafted something and the day before had bought enough paracetamol and aspirin and other pain killers to put down a horse. I didn't take them though my mate took them away.

Splitting with J hit me hard as I had developed really strong feelings for her. That and being binned then her with another bloke ripped me to bits, plus I heard my ex ie one I have the dogs with is dating someone else too. Work has being stress hell the last week due to well the bank I work for being in the papers again for the wrong reasons.

Haha re survey comment Cumbria, two guesses what I am doing now.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

222Posts Today

2,010Users online

Martin's Twitter