Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 14th Dec 16, 5:00 AM
    • 779Posts
    • 2,029Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    If i can earn funds from surveys anyone can
    • 14th Dec 16, 5:00 AM
    If i can earn funds from surveys anyone can 14th Dec 16 at 5:00 AM
    Hi Guys i am starting a new journal i am in the process of closing my former journal/account down.

I will post on my former debt free diary so people know who i am soon. I recently went through a separation so things are not great at the moment.

Alot of the guys will know me as the survey guru lol

I will post again soon
    Last edited by Scott_Weiland; 25-01-2018 at 1:47 PM.
Page 29
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 7th Jan 18, 7:35 PM
    • 1,993 Posts
    • 12,263 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    Good luck with it anyway!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017

Next Scrimpy Goal - Ad Hoc Savings - 23/06/2018: £665.09
    MONTHS TO RETIREMENT: 35!
    My diary: “Paid off the £31,0000! BUT- still scrimping!”
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 8th Jan 18, 2:08 AM
    • 779 Posts
    • 2,029 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Thank you for this month i am on course.

8quid and 10p has just hit my paypal from top cashback. So thats a fiver off my smallest debt and 4 quid 10 into my C.A.
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 10th Jan 18, 10:53 AM
    • 779 Posts
    • 2,029 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Well heres my little update i hope everyone is well on this cold and wet wednesday.

I have changed a few things firstly being i have a new driving instructor my last one was well useless he was not flexible in the slightest and wouldnt teach on evenings and weekends. No good to me when i work 4 on 4 off on nights. I had a lesson booked in on the 15th of december which i cancelled due to being offered triple time overtime at work. He said he could fit me in the following friday which was no good to me as i was picking my lad up by train that day.

He moaned i hadnt given him 48hours notice even though i had paid for a 220 quid 10hour block booking. Net result because i couldnt do that lesson my next one is next week and i have 4 hours of the block left once there done thats it. This has happened being truthful a few times mainly due to him taking long weekends away constantly and then refusing to teach on a saturday i am getting nowhere. Ie 3-4 lessons in a row then none for a week or two or me having to take lessons straight after a 10 hour night shift.

Anyway rant over i have found a new instructor next lesson is with new guy is 24th and i am going to do the remainder of the lessons with the old guy then he is binned. The new guy is 20 quid cheaper for the block bookings and single lessons too.

Next survey and cashback wise its all good i have just dropped the following today.

Top cashback 15p lol
    Panel opinions £11.13
    and yesterday prolific academic £5.09

I have populuslive ready to drop thats sitting at 48 points gerrrrrrrrrr. I will update my signature in a tick, i also have opinium getting close to dropping.

I am back to work tonight first of 4 night shifts enjoy the rest of your week i will message when i can.
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 10th Jan 18, 7:18 PM
    • 1,993 Posts
    • 12,263 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    Your instructer sounds a bit flaky Scott - good luck with the new guy.

I finally got £1 from PA last night!

• Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 10th Jan 18, 7:34 PM
    • 1,909 Posts
    • 11,612 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    The instructor defo needs sacking ! What have you decided about going self managed ?
    CC1 £3475 May 2018
    • JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 11th Jan 18, 9:46 AM
    • 1,183 Posts
    • 6,822 Thanks
    JoJoC
    What a muppet your instructor is - I found that if you're not 100 comfortable/ happy with the instructor then you're not in your best learning frame of mind. My friend changed instructors twice but was really happy with the third guy. The first guy used to pen her hand with a marker every time she made a mistake - she'd come back covered in black lines on her hand and it just made her anxiety 100x worse!

Good luck with the new guy
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 12th Jan 18, 3:35 AM
    • 779 Posts
    • 2,029 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    If someone drew on me in a driving lesson i would belt them or do an emergency stop when they had a drink in there hand.

Update today i managed to get prolific academic sort as i dropped two payments from them one on the 21st and one on the 24th they only paid me for one. So net result thats another 6.08 on route and i have just dropped 2.50 on opinion outpost.
    Last edited by Scott_Weiland; 12-01-2018 at 9:31 AM.
    • JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 12th Jan 18, 12:16 PM
    • 1,183 Posts
    • 6,822 Thanks
    JoJoC
    I know - my friend was an anxious driver anyway so that didn't help! That guy didn't last long as her instructor!

Good news on the PA earnings
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 13th Jan 18, 3:53 AM
    • 779 Posts
    • 2,029 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Yeah its finally arrived so thats another £3.50 off my smallest debt. I will update a list of my debts tomorrow i am going forward with the managing it myself.

On the money front everything is canny i am waiting on all of the below:

Panel Opinions 11quid ish
    Opinion Outpost 2.50
    6.09 came in today from prolific academic

Opinium research i am sitting doing there surveys as we speak during Q word at work. I think when i finish my current survey i will be at 147quid ish 150 for draw down for me.

As for as other sites its kick out ville for me, i have being booted out of swagbucks and op surveys all night.

For me the rest of the day i think i am meeting an old school friend for a coffee later (yes a lady lol) just waiting on a text to confirm. Then i am going to hit the gym after work at 830 ish then its sleep and then one more night shift to go then i am offski until Thursday night and i am on a 3 night weeker next week yay.
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 13th Jan 18, 8:06 PM
    • 1,993 Posts
    • 12,263 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    What a muppet your instructor is - I found that if you're not 100 comfortable/ happy with the instructor then you're not in your best learning frame of mind. My friend changed instructors twice but was really happy with the third guy. The first guy used to pen her hand with a marker every time she made a mistake - she'd come back covered in black lines on her hand and it just made her anxiety 100x worse!

Good luck with the new guy
    Originally posted by JoJoC
    Good grief! I hope the bully was sacked in the end!

You’re racking up those surveys Scott!

Hope your had a nice time with your friend chatting over coffee.

• Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 15th Jan 18, 12:25 AM
    • 779 Posts
    • 2,029 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Coffee went well early early days i am not rushing anything.

I am a bit messed up head wise i have chatting quite a lot with the ex ie my huskyrunner ex. A lot of stuff is coming out thats messing with my head we have being friends since we split but today she unfriended my on facebook which after 13 years of being together hurt.

Work last night was mental due to a system outtage from 10pm to 645 i am glad to be done now until thursday night.

Surveys are building up nicely populuslive is annoying the hell of me 48 points and i keep getting booted out of surveys gerrrrrrrr.
    Last edited by Scott_Weiland; 15-01-2018 at 12:34 AM.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 16th Jan 18, 10:13 PM
    • 779 Posts
    • 2,029 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Well my days off are going well tonight i will be mostly spending the next 2-3 hours watching boring tv while drinking jack daniels that i won at work. I am not sleeping the best at the minute so i am gunna be up a while. I overslept after my last nightshift and it has me a tad goosed.

Re surveys here goes no payouts but populus live is sitting on 48points payout is 50points (50quid).

I have opinium research sitting on 147.60 payout is 150quid (25quid).

Uk toluna i have started pushing again and seem to be doing okay 83500ish another 100000 points to go for payout.

Swagbucks has turned into swagjoke lol sitting on 300 points and all that happens is i start a survey then get binned 3-4 questions in. I will perservere as always.

Other accounts are miles off one poll is on 18quid, opinion outpost has gone quiet, prolific is sitting at 2.41 confirmed around 7pounds pending. I do have other accounts i use like uk hiving and panel opinions and power of opinions but they are nowhere near.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 17th Jan 18, 5:57 AM
    • 779 Posts
    • 2,029 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Morning peeps i hope everyone is well i am up bright and early as we have a hurricane and i cant get back to sleep. So rather than lying tossing and turning i am going to the gym.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 17th Jan 18, 7:53 AM
    • 779 Posts
    • 2,029 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Well that was an experience i should of took my ice skates to get to and from the gym the roads and paths are horrendous.

I have just sat down and completed a 20point survey on opinion outpost so thats bank of me soon to be £2.50 richer. I will update my signature soon, well anyway have a cracking snowy wednesday guys i am going to hit the shower then i have a driving lesson.
    • EssexHebridean
    • By EssexHebridean 17th Jan 18, 11:26 AM
    • 8,716 Posts
    • 45,980 Thanks
    EssexHebridean
    Happy driving lesson Scott! Good call to ditch the flaky one though - you need some form of structure to your lesson plan and if his availability doesn't mesh with yours there's no point in paying him is there.
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016
    Sainsbugs 0% card: 22/12/16 £1229.00/£995.38 (22/06/18)
    SOA Calculator for DFW newbies: Stoozing.com SOA Calculator
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 24th Jan 18, 1:29 AM
    • 779 Posts
    • 2,029 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Well hi guys i hope everyone is well?

I am doing well i am on my days off till friday night. I have just cleared a small debt today for trust quid for 65 hopefully that will help improve my credit file a tad. I am looking after my debts self managed i think the way step change handle debts is not the best and i am in the awkward position 2 of my debts are with my employer paying them 35 and 10 quid respectively aint an option.

Survey wise its quite quiet i have just dropped 2.50 from opinion outpost but everything else is quiet.

Populuslive is near dropping i need 2 points and opinium research is at 149.25 payout is at 150 quid.
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 24th Jan 18, 1:41 AM
    • 1,909 Posts
    • 11,612 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    I am up at the minute as have t been well .

Glad to hear you are sorting your self managed out , paying off one debt is like a major victory.

I had a great day last week on PA about 8 surveys one after another netted me about £12.

Hope the rest of your night passes quickly.

How is the dating scene ?
    CC1 £3475 May 2018
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 24th Jan 18, 2:17 AM
    • 779 Posts
    • 2,029 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    I cant sleep either Cumbria i finished work Sunday and slept fine Sunday and Monday but this afternoon i had the migrane from hell so i slept untill it was gone. Net result i cant sleep, i have to wait in tomorrow for a delivery as i am getting a new laptop delivered.

Yeah it feels good one debt less lol

The dating seen is well not happening i really cant be chewed, i was meant to be meeting someone tonight for a drink but she cancelled on me it was an old school friend. I am seeing old J ie the ex on thursday night but we are just friends now.

Prolific hates me Cumbria i get nothing from it at all.
    Last edited by Scott_Weiland; 24-01-2018 at 2:28 AM.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 24th Jan 18, 3:58 PM
    • 779 Posts
    • 2,029 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Haha its arrived my new survey machine lol I got sick of doing surveys on my Samsung tablet and getting booted or half way through they need flash player or some tablet none compatible software. Net result I have a nice white hp laptop 14inch screen 4gig 1tb hard drive.

My tablet has gone on ebay and so far I am getting stupid offers for it, would you take 40quid for it errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr no. Its a Samsung Galaxy Tab E, no a Lenovo lol.

Today I am day off so I have being on domestic god duty, doing washing, cooking and cramming this 7 meals in a day malarkey is hard. I am on a strict gym diet, I am training tonight but not till 6.

Survey wise all is good I have opinium upto 149.60 now lol, swagbucks upto the 660point mark and everything else is ticking over canny.

3 prolific surveys off the belt whoop whoop kerching 9quid.
    Last edited by Scott_Weiland; 24-01-2018 at 4:09 PM.
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 24th Jan 18, 4:18 PM
    • 1,909 Posts
    • 11,612 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Glad you got your new laptop , since my mega day on PA on Friday I have had no more hits.

Domestic god you have been then today , do you hire yourself out. I really can!!!8217;t be bothered at the moment. Boredom has set in , I can!!!8217;t wait to be 100% fit again , not used to all this sitting about.

Have a nice evening with the old J on thursday . Your survey earnings are coming on well .
    CC1 £3475 May 2018
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

85Posts Today

1,470Users online

Martin's Twitter