Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 14th Dec 16, 5:00 AM
    • 799Posts
    • 2,028Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    If i can earn funds from surveys anyone can
    • 14th Dec 16, 5:00 AM
    If i can earn funds from surveys anyone can 14th Dec 16 at 5:00 AM
    Hi Guys i am starting a new journal i am in the process of closing my former journal/account down.

I will post on my former debt free diary so people know who i am soon. I recently went through a separation so things are not great at the moment.

Alot of the guys will know me as the survey guru lol

I will post again soon
    Last edited by Scott_Weiland; 25-01-2018 at 1:47 PM.
Page 28
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 1st Jan 18, 6:26 PM
    • 799 Posts
    • 2,028 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Happy New Year Everyone xx All the best for 2018

Haha i dont know re the new mrs right lol i have had enough i am pig sick of dating for the minute. All i want to do is train and work and have the odd night out with the lads.

I am going to do a bigger post later i have some plans for 2018 but Worlds Strongest Man is calling on tv first.
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 1st Jan 18, 9:07 PM
    • 799 Posts
    • 2,028 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Right i am back so in hindsight last year for me was not the best i had relationship after relationship that were a nightmare this year i am not looking. My focus is well on training well, eating right and staying mentally healthy to stay in work.

I am training at 2 gyms so my monthly expenditure has gone up 18.99 but i have found a lush gym with a good weights room and downstairs it has a pool, a sauna, menthol steam room, spa etc. I know its an increase in spending but it keeps me mentally healthy i lost a close friend in 2017 and the gym kept me going. My main gym i am getting pushed to enter a bodybuilding show in 2019.

Re money last year i paid off around 1800 off debts. Three small debts bit the bullet, i earned i have just checked on here 750 quid from surveys and cashback. I am abit disappointed with those earnings 2016 was 1400 i think.

Objectives for 2018

Clear a trusted quid debt i have which is at 79quid and some pence.

Continue banking small change in a moneytin i bought, i have found a few bits of roadkill lol ie small change on the floor when walking home from work lol.

Stay injury free and in the gym health- i am getting a monthly massage at the gym and an osteopath session. I pay 25 for the massage, nothing for the osteopath treatment.

Boost my survey income back to 1000 pounds plus

Stay single
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 1st Jan 18, 10:25 PM
    • 1,980 Posts
    • 12,240 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    I love your last objective Scott!:

You appear to get a lot out of your gym training - both physically and mentally Scott - so itís money well spent. The only thing with the body building is the cost sometimes. My ex-partnerís training mate used to compete and he spent a fortune on food and supplements - plus other not so desirable chemicals - to aid him. But youíre a sensible guy.

I wish I could make a quarter of what youíve made this year with the surveys! I hardly get any these days! Obviously Iím of no interest to them any more!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017

Next Scrimpy Goal - Ad Hoc Savings - 20/05/2018: £646.59
    MONTHS TO RETIREMENT: 35!
    My diary: ďPaid off the £31,0000! BUT- still scrimping!Ē
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 1st Jan 18, 10:50 PM
    • 799 Posts
    • 2,028 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    It has to be done Seaside i really cant be bothered my last 2 oh's have being a nightmare. The two J's what can i say one was obsessed with me the other i was well i dont know how to put this. I was someone to pick up then drop as and how she chose, i was 4th best to her work clients, her family, then her friends.

Re bodybuilding the dark side your talking about is something i would never ever do and that puts me off. I spend 35 quid on protein powder per month and bcaa powder bar that i am old school chicken, tuna, sweet potato and creatine.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 1st Jan 18, 10:51 PM
    • 799 Posts
    • 2,028 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Which survey sites do you use seaside
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 1st Jan 18, 10:57 PM
    • 1,980 Posts
    • 12,240 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    Re bodybuilding the dark side your talking about is something i would never ever do and that puts me off. I spend 35 quid on protein powder per month and bcaa powder bar that i am old school chicken, tuna, sweet potato and creatine.
    Originally posted by Scott_Weiland
    Good boy!

Re surveys Iím using PA, One Poll, Optinum, You Gov and Panelbase. I seemed to get screened out a lot on panelbase plus I canít always use my tablet.

I also heard good news of Pinecones but they told my they were full!

• Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 2nd Jan 18, 5:43 PM
    • 1,905 Posts
    • 11,555 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Happy New Year, just spent sometime on your coastline and it was freezing !

Liking your list of aims for 2018 . Your survey earnings are brilliant , I have made about £200 in cash from PA and you gove, plus the rest is from vouchers. I want to try harder this year.

You may stay single , but I can!!!8217;t see it lol.
    CC1 £3475 May 2018
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 3rd Jan 18, 10:43 AM
    • 799 Posts
    • 2,028 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Thanks Cumbria

re Singledom yes it will lol i am not going looking for it. No all jokes aside i didnt have the best of luck last year with ladies and 2 upset me quite a lot with there attitude and the J's have put me off for quite a while.

Well the signature is getting updated as we speak. Survey sites at the moment are very quiet but on a positive note i have 55quid in top cashback thats sitting in pending.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 3rd Jan 18, 10:56 AM
    • 799 Posts
    • 2,028 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Good boy!

Re surveys Iím using PA, One Poll, Optinum, You Gov and Panelbase. I seemed to get screened out a lot on panelbase plus I canít always use my tablet.

I also heard good news of Pinecones but they told my they were full!
    Originally posted by Seasidegal58

Hi Seasidegal try these extra ones

Panelopinions.co.uk
    opinionoutpost.co.uk

and swagbucks i think through swagbucks and opinion outpost i probably earned 200-250 last year.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 3rd Jan 18, 11:53 PM
    • 799 Posts
    • 2,028 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Okie dokie my diary update for today is as follows today has being a nightmare for me kinda i have injured myself in the gym doing some deadlifting. I think i did it on new years eve and its a pain as i have tweaked my hamstring in my right leg and my lower back is working itself on the opposite site. Net result i am sitting at work and i am rattling when i walk. I have an osteopath appointment tomorrow which should fix me up abit, luckily i was able to get in at short notice. I hate sitting at work in pain, i cant sit still.

I have another two night shifts too work so hopefully after tomorrow afternoon things will improve.

Re everything else its all going well, surveys are steady away i have done a few today. I have a few accounts that are near dropping.

Opinium research is at 145ish payout is 150quid.

Panel Opinions is at 9.01 drop down is 10quid.

Swagbucks i think is at 700points and i am still waiting for a payment from prolific that i dropped over the xmas period.

My signature is updated.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 4th Jan 18, 5:46 AM
    • 799 Posts
    • 2,028 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    I need to update my signature already its being a quiet night at work so thats £2.50 on the way to my account from Opinion Outpost.
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 4th Jan 18, 9:56 PM
    • 1,980 Posts
    • 12,240 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    Hi Seasidegal try these extra ones

Panelopinions.co.uk
    opinionoutpost.co.uk

and swagbucks i think through swagbucks and opinion outpost i probably earned 200-250 last year.
    Originally posted by Scott_Weiland
    Thanks Scott - I certainly will.

Sorry to hear about your injury. Hope the osteopath sorts you out. Itís rotten having to sit in work with a bad back.

• Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 4th Jan 18, 11:44 PM
    • 799 Posts
    • 2,028 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Well i feel a bit better after being beaten up by the osteopath i can actually put my own socks on now without crying lol. I am sitting in work with ice packs strapped to my back and i am ibuprofened up to the hilt.

Today has being boring for me work sleep work, its doing my head in not being able to train.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 6th Jan 18, 9:54 AM
    • 799 Posts
    • 2,028 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Kerching kerching the survey earnings have began to tick in

5 pound this week has arrived from opinion outpost and i dropped 6.08 from prolific academic. I have a target this year of 1500 total from cashback and surveys? Do you think it doable peeps?

Well ladies and gentlemen i am going to say goodnight i have just got in after 4 night shifts have a good Saturday peeps.
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 6th Jan 18, 10:01 AM
    • 1,905 Posts
    • 11,555 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Hope the back gets better this weekend . I am sure you can do £1500 in surveys , I want to get just £300 for the year.
    CC1 £3475 May 2018
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 6th Jan 18, 10:16 AM
    • 799 Posts
    • 2,028 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    I hope so Cumbria i want shot of some smaller debts as i have 4 under the 300 pound mark.

I am a bit miffed as i have being on noddle for months and my credit score is not improving. I will be truthful i am on a debt management plan with stepchange and i am tempted to bin them. I have contemplated handling it myself.
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 6th Jan 18, 10:25 AM
    • 1,905 Posts
    • 11,555 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Do your research and I am sure you can go self managed , first thing get shot of the 4 under £300 , if it doesn!!!8217;t work out then you can always go back.

When I did a DMP with payplan , I didn!!!8217;t know you could self managed and towards the end as I took a drop in salary of £5000 and was so frightened of not paying the monthly payment I used a credit card for the last months to make ends meet and got £2000 in debt ! Got a loan to pay it off , and so it started again!

Lesson learnt this time, would rather snowball payments .
    CC1 £3475 May 2018
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 6th Jan 18, 7:14 PM
    • 799 Posts
    • 2,028 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Yeah thats my take on it Cumbria i have quite a few debts and step change are top weighting everything. My dmp has 5 years on it and it seems looking at it i will be paying 5 pound per month to some of my smaller debts for the next 5 years which is not really what i want.

I have just being on experian and even though i am on a dmp i have 11 accounts which are in default.
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 6th Jan 18, 8:41 PM
    • 1,980 Posts
    • 12,240 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    Iím a big fan of snowballing. Thats the route I took. I used to love looking at the snowball table each month after I updated it! Sad I know!

I reckon youíll do £1500 in surveys - youíre the King of the Surveys!

• Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 7th Jan 18, 5:17 PM
    • 799 Posts
    • 2,028 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Haha i hope so its doable i think i just have to do what i do a bit better lol ie optimising dead time work travel time. I have sixty three quid sitting in topcashback so theres a start and two accounts are near draw down 1500 maybe a bit steep as thats 125 per month hmmmmm we will see.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,119Posts Today

7,772Users online

Martin's Twitter