Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hardtimes
    • By hardtimes 9th Dec 16, 2:27 PM
    • 341Posts
    • 69Thanks
    hardtimes
    Budget Energy
    • 9th Dec 16, 2:27 PM
    Budget Energy 9th Dec 16 at 2:27 PM
    Just got an email from Budget telling me their new rate of electricity will be 14.84 inc vat. They are letting you terminate your agreement by giving notice by phone,email or post at least 5 working days prior to 30 December 2016
Page 5
    • Mr Bun
    • By Mr Bun 25th Apr 17, 8:03 AM
    • 337 Posts
    • 88 Thanks
    Mr Bun
    I had Electric Ireland at my door last night offering £75 to switch,a £25 yearly loyalty bonus and 5% lower prices than PowerNI, with no contract as well.
    Think I might switch...
    • Jo4
    • By Jo4 6th May 17, 7:24 PM
    • 6,667 Posts
    • 4,773 Thanks
    Jo4
    When I went to enter a meter reading on Budget Energy's website I was asked for a PIN. I have neither created nor received a PIN. Does anyone know how I can find out what the PIN is without telephoning them?
    • Old Git
    • By Old Git 15th May 17, 10:40 PM
    • 4,306 Posts
    • 3,744 Thanks
    Old Git
    I had a missed call from budget today .Looks like they are touting or business
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
    • ripplyuk
    • By ripplyuk 15th May 17, 11:27 PM
    • 1,769 Posts
    • 1,641 Thanks
    ripplyuk
    I've had them ringing all the time since Feb. I finally answered it last week and I don't think I've ever heard a sales rep talk so much, and so fast

I told him I'd think about it but that wasn't good enough for him so he said he'd ring back the next morning. I'm still thinking about it. With the bonuses click are giving, I can't see how I'd save anything by moving back to budget for the time being anyway.
    • Honkycat
    • By Honkycat 26th May 17, 5:00 PM
    • 479 Posts
    • 202 Thanks
    Honkycat
    Had a man at the door the other night saying NIE is now owned by Electric Ireland and wanting me to do some sort of switch. Anyone heard of this?
    • jnm21
    • By jnm21 12th Aug 17, 10:52 PM
    • 662 Posts
    • 174 Thanks
    jnm21
    Had a man at the door the other night saying NIE is now owned by Electric Ireland and wanting me to do some sort of switch. Anyone heard of this?
    Originally posted by Honkycat
    Surprisingly there seems to be some truth in that https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Ireland_Electricity

Anyone any tips for pay & go (normal 24/7 pricing) - I can see budget energy doing 12.75p (inc vat) for 1 year, which seems crazy cheap (I'm paying just over 14p with Airtricity, but my rate will change on the next top up). https://budgetenergy.co.uk/app/uploads/2017/08/Tariff-Table-Update-Aug-17.pdf

Does the old top up a whack before the end of the year & keep the rate until your next top up still work/work with Budget Energy?

For anyone else looking, this page seems very useful (and up to date): http://touch.nihe.gov.uk/latest_tariffs
    • eljapo4
    • By eljapo4 5th Mar 18, 4:44 PM
    • 116 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    eljapo4
    Received a letter from Budget today my price is going up from 12.75p/KwH to 15.86p/KwH. I was on the NI ConsumerCouncil website trying to find the comparison table for all providers - couldn't find that page but went through their tool and got some other cheaper options. Does anyone have a link to the comparison table? Who is everyone else using atm?
    • ChrisNI
    • By ChrisNI 5th Mar 18, 4:55 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    ChrisNI
    http://www.consumercouncil.org.uk/filestore/documents/Electricity_Price_Comparison_Table_14_Feb.pdf
    • tommie
    • By tommie 6th Mar 18, 11:25 AM
    • 333 Posts
    • 249 Thanks
    tommie
    this one is maybe easier to follow...

http://www.consumercouncil.org.uk/filestore/documents/Electricity_Price_Comparison_Table_14_Feb.pdf

seems SSE is best at the moment??
    • eljapo4
    • By eljapo4 8th Mar 18, 3:42 PM
    • 116 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    eljapo4
    this one is maybe easier to follow...

seems SSE is best at the moment??
    Originally posted by tommie
    Yes I've phoned them today to start the ball rolling on switching over to them
    • ripplyuk
    • By ripplyuk 8th Mar 18, 4:50 PM
    • 1,769 Posts
    • 1,641 Thanks
    ripplyuk
    Iíve now moved to electric Ireland. The introductory bonuses over a year seem quite good. Thatíll cover quite a chunk of my usage.

I was with Click before that but their prices went up. Also, Iíd used up all their main bonuses for the first year (they give £25 quid a year after that) so it was worth moving. I wouldnít go near SSE, no matter how cheap, after my previous experience with them.
    • markdebby
    • By markdebby 11th Mar 18, 10:49 PM
    • 153 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    markdebby
    Is anyone else with SSE? I'm with powerNI and looking to change. Ripplyuk why would you not change?
    • ripplyuk
    • By ripplyuk 11th Mar 18, 11:32 PM
    • 1,769 Posts
    • 1,641 Thanks
    ripplyuk
    Is anyone else with SSE? I'm with powerNI and looking to change. Ripplyuk why would you not change?
    Originally posted by markdebby
    I went with them before and Iíll never forget the hassle. My bills were far higher than they had ever been before (and since) despite the Ďlowerí unit price. I still canít work out why. I only signed up as they said it was contract free and I could leave anytime. When I tried to do that, it turned out not to be so easy. They denied it, said I was now in a 2yr contract etc. Eventually I had to ask the consumer council to step in and help (which they did and they were great).
    • Cherryscone
    • By Cherryscone 12th Mar 18, 7:43 AM
    • 1,362 Posts
    • 1,018 Thanks
    Cherryscone
    Iíve now moved to electric Ireland. The introductory bonuses over a year seem quite good. Thatíll cover quite a chunk of my usage.

I was with Click before that but their prices went up. Also, Iíd used up all their main bonuses for the first year (they give £25 quid a year after that) so it was worth moving. I wouldnít go near SSE, no matter how cheap, after my previous experience with them.
    Originally posted by ripplyuk
    I changed over to Electric Ireland as well they even came to the House and did the change over which was good.
    ~We are all going to hell and guess whos driving the bus~

*Norn Iron club Member 294*

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/spottylegs
    • dsab
    • By dsab 12th Mar 18, 12:24 PM
    • 304 Posts
    • 160 Thanks
    dsab
    I am with SSE, and very happy with them. I like the fact that they let me submit my meter readings every month, so that I get a bill for exactly what I used.
    • ChrisNI
    • By ChrisNI 12th Mar 18, 1:01 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    ChrisNI
    Same here, I've been with SSE just over a year and have had no complaints. Currently paying around 13.5p per unit and my bills are usually always accurate since I submit a meter reading every month
    • nilocmac
    • By nilocmac 11th May 18, 6:25 PM
    • 494 Posts
    • 275 Thanks
    nilocmac
    Variations to Your Agreement with Budget Energy Limited
    I have just got an email saying that I can leave before 1st June. I thought I was signed up for a year but it turns out that they are being sneaky as they are going to charge an 8p a day standing charge which was not part of the original deal.

Bit frustrated I probably was going to move but I thought I had a guaranteed price for the year.

Anyone else had this experience? Thinking of moving to SEE.

I had been paying rough 12p including vat which was a really good rate.

• n1guy
    • By n1guy 11th May 18, 9:45 PM
    • 315 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    n1guy
    I have just got an email saying that I can leave before 1st June. I thought I was signed up for a year but it turns out that they are being sneaky as they are going to charge an 8p a day standing charge which was not part of the original deal.

Bit frustrated I probably was going to move but I thought I had a guaranteed price for the year.

Originally posted by nilocmac
    I got this email also. Does that mean we can definitely leave penalty free
    • kazzybabes
    • By kazzybabes 12th May 18, 10:13 PM
    • 285 Posts
    • 478 Thanks
    kazzybabes

Originally posted by nilocmac
    I got this email too except im going to be getting charged 10p a day, i can leave anyway so i better start looking!
    • jnm21
    • By jnm21 12th May 18, 11:37 PM
    • 662 Posts
    • 174 Thanks
    jnm21
    I sincerely hope that this move is not the start of the trend (you know how when one puts up prices the others mystically all decide to do the same).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

195Posts Today

1,552Users online

Martin's Twitter