E.ON Fixed 1 Year £75 Reward

Comments

• nick_pike
    nick_pike Posts: 51 Forumite
    My v19 runs out 1st Feb. The new v21 tariffs are up 41.6% electric and 46.7% for gas for duel fuels. Unbelievable. Unless a collective comes along soon, I shall be off, DEFINITE. You'd be a mug to stay for £75. I have a spreadsheet for all of this and my costs would increase by about £430 a year.
    I've done comparisons, and I can significantly cut my gas bill with one company being variable and not fixed, and I have found another company that will only be about 15% more than v19 for electricity, again variable. Although both are variable, there are no exit fees. Overall, I would pay about £32 more than v19 in a year. So without a collective, I'M OFF.
  • nick_pike
    macman wrote: »
    I'm off to Iresa anyway.

And me. Just signed-up. Thanks for the tip. I've checked-out a number of companies, as well as splitting gas and electric between companies, and Iresa look a good deal for fixed one year. I couldn't get any better with any non-fixed deals.
    I've had dreadful dealings with E-ON and their web site is a mess. Glad to get away from them. I've been with them 3 years and this is how they treat us.
  • d0nkeyk0ng
    d0nkeyk0ng Posts: 873 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I moved to EON last year from British Gas and went on to the v18 fixed tariff. I've been offered the £100 voucher. Looking at v21, it's around £200 more expensive than v19 for the same usage. But comparing last year's tariffs for other companies to this year's, there's a similar rise across the board. Ovo for example are £186 more expensive than last year. This year, v21 is comparable to the Ovo Better Energy fixed price tariff, so the £100 voucher makes it cheaper.

Having said that, the likes of flow energy and octopus are £200 cheaper than v21 (without the voucher taken into account).
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hollydale wrote: »
    I am currently coming to the end of the V19 (7-2). Been offered both the V21 and the £75 award. And yes they are more expensive by £12 per month to what I am currently paying. However when I do price comparrison on uSwitch and ComparetheMarket all other fixed rate product projections are more expensive for me based on my years usage.

So I save money by staying. The interesting thing is uSwitch's price projection for Eon is actually more that Eon are offering me??????

Which seems to go against most of the posts here

Hello Hollydale.

Are you looking at the Personal Price Projections on the renewal notice you've received? If you are, this will give you two figures. One is based on how much energy we think you’ll use in the next 12 months if you were to automatically move to our standard Energy Plan at the end of your current deal.

We also provide you with a Personal Projection for 12 months based on your current tariff, even though it’s ending. We do this as it easily allows you to compare what your energy was costing on your old tariff and will cost after your tariff ends on standard prices.

Our calculations are based on the tariff prices and past usage plus discounts and VAT. The previous 12 months usage is shown immediately above the Personal Projections.

Not sure how the various price comparison sites calculate their figures but thought it might help if I let you know how we do ours. Please ignore if I'm trying to teach you how to suck eggs.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    macman wrote: »
    Are you entering your actual kWh usage, or your monthly spend? Only the former gives accurate results.

PS: I note that E.ON customers on an outgoing Collective tariff have also been excluded from these new tariffs. No skin off my nose, I'm off to Iresa anyway.

That's right macman. This particular trial is aimed at customers nearing the end of our Fixed 1 Year version 18/19 tariffs only. It doesn't apply to customers on our other tariffs including the Collectives we've been involved with.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    molerat wrote: »
    Ditto, they obviously don't want me anymore ;)

As above molerat. Our trial with the Fixed 1 Year £75 and £100 Reward tariffs is aimed only at customers nearing the end of Fixed 1 Year version 18/19. If you're on a Collective, I'm afraid we won't be offering you these tariffs.

Malc
    nick_pike wrote: »
    And me. Just signed-up. Thanks for the tip. I've checked-out a number of companies, as well as splitting gas and electric between companies, and Iresa look a good deal for fixed one year. I couldn't get any better with any non-fixed deals.
    I've had dreadful dealings with E-ON and their web site is a mess. Glad to get away from them. I've been with them 3 years and this is how they treat us.

Sorry you've had such a bad time whilst with us nick pike. Anything in particular you don't like about our website? Maybe ease of navigation or a lack of it? A specific service you would like to see? Happy to feedback your thoughts. We're looking to do a revamp later this year so any comments, good or bad, are useful.

Malc
  • nick_pike
    As above molerat. Our trial with the Fixed 1 Year £75 and £100 Reward tariffs is aimed only at customers nearing the end of Fixed 1 Year version 18/19. If you're on a Collective, I'm afraid we won't be offering you these tariffs.

Malc

I'm on v19 ending Feb 1st. What are these tariffs? Are they v21 that are very much more expensive anyway?
  • Can you tell us more about who the voucher can be used with?

I'd like to stay with EoN but, even as a low user, when my current tariff (fix V18) ends, I'll be paying £175 more moving to the new fixed tariff.

If I could spend the £75 somewhere I shop anyway (supermarket / petrol) it'd be equivalent to £100 more and, although I could get cheaper elsewhere, I'd have to move to companies I've either never heard of or wouldn't touch (Scottish Power).

If the voucher can only be spent at the likes of Argos and Amazon, it's worth nothing to me.
  • nick_pike
    Sorry you've had such a bad time whilst with us nick pike. Anything in particular you don't like about our website? Maybe ease of navigation or a lack of it? A specific service you would like to see? Happy to feedback your thoughts. We're looking to do a revamp later this year so any comments, good or bad, are useful.

Malc

Had a bad time regarding smart meters. You would not fit because of gas meter ownership. Went to the ombudsman and a complete waste of time. Your site is a mess. Too complicated. Tariffs never easy to find. That seems to be industry standard so most people cannot be bothered so they end up paying too much. You give billing summaries on a page, but neglect to mention the figures do not include VAT, so when I checked there seemed to be a discrepancy of £100 which encouraged me to waste my time checking this with E-ON.
    If I go to v21, the increases are a staggering 40% plus. Any comment about this from you?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure