Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lucageorge
    • By lucageorge 3rd Dec 16, 5:16 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    lucageorge
    Private Parking Appeals Ltd
    • 3rd Dec 16, 5:16 PM
    Private Parking Appeals Ltd 3rd Dec 16 at 5:16 PM
    Has anyone had any success with any organisations when complaining about the poor service of Private Parking Appeals Ltd?

In short:
    1. I applied to them to challenge a private parking ticket
    2. They advise they 'aim to provide a response within 3 working days' but it ran into weeks of me chasing them
    3. They claimed they had email problems at their end
    4. They claimed they had sent me a document to complete (which I had no record of) and I should check my spam folder
    5. I've sent several emails to which I got no response
    6. I twice asked to raise a complaint and didn't get a response telling me how
    7. I reported them to my bank to initiate a chargeback and when I told Private Parking Appeals Ltd they wrote to me to suggest I had libelled their company and that they were now going to write to my bank about me (surely there's a data protection issue there!)
    8. I've submitted to the Legal Ombudsman as I can't progress things any further with PPA.
    9. I've since found multiple forum posts about this company (including on here and 3 more examples below but I can't include the links as a new user)

e90post[DOT]com/forums/showthread.php?t=1315081
    pepipoo[DOT]com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t99403.html
    scamadviser[DOT]com/check-website/privateparkingappeals.co.uk

Who else can I write to in order to raise awareness?

I know I won't get the 19 back (paid to PPA) but my concern is how many people out there are going through the stresses of dealing with this company whilst, meanwhile, still receiving the threatening letters from the parking charge companies of increasing the fine or issuing court papers and simultaneously still waiting for a response from Private Parking Appeals who advise you not to pay the parking charge company!
Page 3
    • logician
    • By logician 7th Jan 18, 8:36 PM
    • 194 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    logician
    Hi, I have just been ripped off by this awful firm. Has anyone got any updates on them? I see Moneysavingexpert are no longer advertising them, thankfully. I would be interested to see if there have been any developments for anyone on this thread....
    Originally posted by S0llie

What makes you think you have been ripped off by the company? or that they are advertised on Moneysavingexpert...

They have a complaint process detailed on their website. No one seems to go through the proper process though.
    Originally posted by waamo
    Yes indeed they appear to have a robust complaint procedure

MMmmmm.... you seem to be suggesting that we see all their complainers in this forum???

Somehow get the impression they must be getting some going direct!
    Originally posted by Quentin
    Is that quesswork, supposition or based on some facts you have to hand Quentin?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Jan 18, 8:38 PM
    • 35,807 Posts
    • 20,058 Thanks
    Quentin
    Why you asking me? You know the answer don't you?
    • logician
    • By logician 7th Jan 18, 8:46 PM
    • 194 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    logician
    Why you asking me?
    No reason - you just seem very keen to give your opinion as if you "know" facts just from reading the comments on this thread alone.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Jan 18, 8:49 PM
    • 35,807 Posts
    • 20,058 Thanks
    Quentin
    You say "no reason"??? Very strange!

What odds is it to you?? Why do you ask in the first place when you know the answer?? Unless you have an agenda?? Nooooo. Perish the thought. Sorry I mentioned it.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 7th Jan 18, 8:51 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,308 Thanks
    pappa golf

perhaps you need more info before commenting
    • logician
    • By logician 7th Jan 18, 9:14 PM
    • 194 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    logician
    You say "no reason"??? Very strange!

What odds is it to you?? Why do you ask in the first place when you know the answer?? Unless you have an agenda?? Nooooo. Perish the thought. Sorry I mentioned it.
    "Very strange" response back from you Quentin, given I made a reasonable comment to you was the basis of your comment on "known facts", "guesswork" or "supposition."

perhaps you need more info before commenting
    Originally posted by pappa golf
    Why does anyone need more info before posting on a thread? Surely that is the idea of a forum for people to comment on threads and posts?
    Last edited by logician; 07-01-2018 at 10:01 PM. Reason: clarification
    • Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 7th Jan 18, 10:05 PM
    • 1,352 Posts
    • 2,710 Thanks
    Lamilad
    you just seem very keen to give your opinion
    No one seems more keen to give their opinion on a post involving PPA than you, logi.... Why is that?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Jan 18, 11:01 PM
    • 35,807 Posts
    • 20,058 Thanks
    Quentin

What happened?

Did you check reviews anywhere first? Just as you would check hotels on TripAdvisor, I always check company reviews on something like Trust Pilot.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    The problem for anyone consulting review sites (or forums) to check them out is that they (try to) gag their clients from reporting complaints online until using the complaints procedure!

To get round this one unhappy client posted his review using a nom de plume - bringing an assertion from them they could "conclusively prove" that trust pilot had allowed an imposter to post there. (Subsequently the poster did prove his bona fides!)

Most businesses are happy to have online reviews, and use media to deal with complaints thereby showing they take complaints seriously - though not this one!
    • bergkamp
    • By bergkamp 7th Jan 18, 11:06 PM
    • 182 Posts
    • 321 Thanks
    bergkamp
    "Very strange" response back from you Quentin, given I made a reasonable comment to you was the basis of your comment on "known facts", "guesswork" or "supposition."

Why does anyone need more info before posting on a thread? Surely that is the idea of a forum for people to comment on threads and posts?
    Originally posted by logician
    As you are online logician, could you please clarify your statement here?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5748204&page=2#31

from this thread;

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5748204&page=2#21
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Jan 18, 12:43 AM
    • 58,303 Posts
    • 71,833 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    The problem for anyone consulting review sites (or forums) to check them out is that they (try to) gag their clients from reporting complaints online until using the complaints procedure!

To get round this one unhappy client posted his review using a nom de plume - bringing an assertion from them they could "conclusively prove" that trust pilot had allowed an imposter to post there. (Subsequently the poster did prove his bona fides!)

Most businesses are happy to have online reviews, and use media to deal with complaints thereby showing they take complaints seriously - though not this one!
    Yes I expect everyone has seen that page on Trust Pilot, although I won't be the person to link it.

Disappointing...what can I say? So I won't.

The person who posted needs to come back here to the thread, and newbies like that person need to be aware not to reply to (or worry about) private messages here on this forum, and report to MSE any such pm.

Keep it on a thread and we can help.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 8th Jan 18, 8:48 AM
    • 7,503 Posts
    • 9,987 Thanks
    beamerguy
    WOW, just been reading on Trust Pilot

How disgusting, that must be a big warning
    to people

Trading Standards must investigate
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • waamo
    • By waamo 8th Jan 18, 11:40 AM
    • 3,377 Posts
    • 4,493 Thanks
    waamo
    Interesting that Quentin is defending his friends in this company. I found them in August on the Moneysavingexpert post discussing how to fight private parking fines. They were then advertising under Parking Cowboys. Thankfully, they have very recently revised that section and they have been removed. Anyone defending this firm should be ashamed of themselves.
    No way is Quentin defending this company. Just the opposite in fact.
    This space for hire.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 8th Jan 18, 11:58 AM
    • 7,503 Posts
    • 9,987 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Interesting that Quentin is defending his friends in this company. I found them in August on the Moneysavingexpert post discussing how to fight private parking fines. They were then advertising under Parking Cowboys. Thankfully, they have very recently revised that section and they have been removed. Anyone defending this firm should be ashamed of themselves.
    NO ... Quentin is not defending this company, more so
    someone else on here and nothing to do with that company

There is a lot of history to this ..... which is now history

As said, take your complaint to Trading Standards
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 8th Jan 18, 12:29 PM
    • 1,352 Posts
    • 2,710 Thanks
    Lamilad
    Interesting that Quentin is defending his friends in this company.!
    You've either misread or misunderstood Quentin's posts. He's definitely not defending the company you refer to.

There is one forum poster who, seemingly, won't hear a bad word said about them... Make what you want of that.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Jan 18, 1:09 PM
    • 35,807 Posts
    • 20,058 Thanks
    Quentin
    The people involved with the company you are unhappy with would hoot to hear I am seen as being friends with them!!

Somehow you have got the wrong end of the stick.

You were mistaken when posting that MSE advertised them. I pointed that out.

Parking cowboys are not that company,!

If you read on the follow up to your op on this you should be able to see the misjudgement you have made. I certainly have nothing to be ashamed for!

Also if you read the subsequent posts you will have seen you are urged to come back for assistance here, and to ignore any PM's you get regarding posting here and not to worry about the contents of any PM's.
    Last edited by Quentin; 11-01-2018 at 7:54 PM.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Jan 18, 1:16 PM
    • 35,807 Posts
    • 20,058 Thanks
    Quentin
    Apologies for not reading that right and suggesting Quentin was defending them. I found it disturbing that Quentin suggested I was lying about PPE being advertised on this website. I would not have known about them unless I had found them on here. It's a shame you need to attack the victims here, yes I should have reviewed PPE before using them, but I trusted MSE to make good recommendations. I have always used Trust pilot and other sites but not on this occasion, my bad. I won't post on here again seeing as it causing so much aggravation, but I just wanted to support the original OP who wants to do "something' to warn others about this company who are taking money from people and putting them at risk of more financial loss and court action.
    You haven't been "attacked" - far from it.

I didn't suggest you were a liar!

Read the post again. I corrected you by showing you were wrong in saying that MSE had stopped advertising them as MSE does not have any advertising and never has!

But do stay here for help.
    • logician
    • By logician 8th Jan 18, 1:24 PM
    • 194 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    logician
    Originally posted by bergkamp

What do you need clarifying posters were talking about a PPRd member which is contrary to forum rules.
    • logician
    • By logician 8th Jan 18, 1:29 PM
    • 194 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    logician
    Do you have that August post ?

Did you not read my last post? You are a horrible man.
    Stay here for help! You must be joking.
    Being abusive does not really get you anywhere if you are seeking assistance.

PS The OP on this thread made one post and then disappeared so make of that what you will.

If you have paid for a service then you should take it up with the company concerned.
    • Melinda A
    • By Melinda A 8th Jan 18, 1:29 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Melinda A
    Help needed on a fine from 2015 that was appealed
    Hi
    I had a PCN in July 2015 from Park Direct UK. A fine for stopping 2 mins and 6 seconds!!!!!. I appealed this with them. It was rejected so I appealed it through POPLA in July 2015. I received a confirmation from POPLA. I chased it regularly as it said this should only take two weeks. In October 2015 I emailed Popla who emailed back to say its on hold for now and also Park Direct UK had failed to send any evidence to them in support. Up until now I have had no correspondence from them. However today I have got a debt recovery letter from DRP to say we need to pay up or they will send someone round to collect it. I phoned POPLA who said they are now a different company and it changed in Ocober 2015 and all my original paperwork cant be found. They suggested calling Right Hassle Solicitors as they both shared taking over cases when the system changes came in but they have no details of this either So my question is what do I do now? I did all things I was supposed to do and its 2.5 years later and its stared again. I have copies of all my paperwork. Has anyone got any ideas what I should do??????
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 8th Jan 18, 1:34 PM
    • 8,603 Posts
    • 8,941 Thanks
    pogofish
    Hi
    I had a PCN in July 2015 from Park Direct UK. A fine for stopping 2 mins and 6 seconds!!!!!. I appealed this with them. It was rejected so I appealed it through POPLA in July 2015. I received a confirmation from POPLA. I chased it regularly as it said this should only take two weeks. In October 2015 I emailed Popla who emailed back to say its on hold for now and also Park Direct UK had failed to send any evidence to them in support. Up until now I have had no correspondence from them. However today I have got a debt recovery letter from DRP to say we need to pay up or they will send someone round to collect it. I phoned POPLA who said they are now a different company and it changed in Ocober 2015 and all my original paperwork cant be found. They suggested calling Right Hassle Solicitors as they both shared taking over cases when the system changes came in but they have no details of this either So my question is what do I do now? I did all things I was supposed to do and its 2.5 years later and its stared again. I have copies of all my paperwork. Has anyone got any ideas what I should do??????
    Originally posted by Melinda A
    Please don't hijack threads! Read the Newbies Sticky, particularly post four then as your original thread is closed,start your own new thread if you need any further reassurance.
    Last edited by pogofish; 08-01-2018 at 1:36 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

581Posts Today

5,960Users online

Martin's Twitter