IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private Parking Appeals Ltd

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Also it's worth noting this from their t&c's:

WE do not do business on any social media website, or other online forum other than the website at privateparkingappeals.co.uk, and YOU should not seek to contact us through those means. WE will not respond to any complaints, comments or other messages via, for example, Twitter, Facebook, MoneySavingExpert or Pepipoo.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    waamo wrote: »

WE do not do business on any social media website, or other online forum other than the website at privateparkingappeals.co.uk, and YOU should not seek to contact us through those means. WE will not respond to any complaints, comments or other messages via, for example, Twitter, Facebook, MoneySavingExpert or Pepipoo.

however , they have done in the past
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    waamo wrote: »

Stupid statement, they must think they will get complaints ?

A good idea that has failed owing money
  • lucageorge-

It would be good to do something about PPA, they're unscrupulous and I hate the thought of others being caught in the same way.
    Shall we try something jointly/as a group? Maybe take to Small Claims Court?
    Is it possible to pm on here?
    Would be good to hear if you have any success!
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 December 2016 at 2:24PM
    ohdearie wrote: »
    lucageorge-

It would be good to do something about PPA, they're unscrupulous and I hate the thought of others being caught in the same way.

for £19 , good luck , post back with the court dates ,

the address to send the letter before action is 272 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4JR , hope you enjoy a long train ride to court

as you can see here (by looking at directors etc) https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC492116/officers they were involved with the british motorist protection assoc , however all members of that group have now resigned
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Like I pointed out their terms tell you what to do if you are not happy. Have you been to the Consumer Ombudsman yet? If not why not?

A court will expect you to exhaust the complaints procedure first.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 14 December 2016 at 3:08PM
    ohdearie wrote: »
    lucageorge-

You can pm anyone who shows they can be sent a pm in their profile.

We are all in favour of getting recompense off any supplier who doesn't keep to their side of s deal when taking full payment In advance, but consider the value you put on your own time as well as the actual costs you would have to pay upfront to the court for a hearing over £19
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    A small claims case for £19?

Keep in mind that any claimant will be obliged to issue proceedings against the company at their registered office. And where is that office? Why, its in Glasgow which is outside the jurisdiction and in order to issue those proceedings you will need leave of the court for out-of-jurisdiction service.

This in turn means that Moneyclaim Online cannot be used and papers will have to issued at your local court. In addition an application to a judge for leave to serve papers at a registered office in Glasgow is going to cost before you even start and with no guarantee of success.

I would suggest that any judge is going to question the proportionality of issuing proceedings out-of-jurisdiction for just £19.

As Waamo has suggested, PPA have a published complaints procedure and if you are not following it then no claim is ever going to succeed.

For information I have no connection financial or otherwise with PPA and do not carry out any work for them. I remain amazed at the number of so-called complainants who seem to believe that running to this forum to bleat is both a reasonable and measured way of solving a simple problem when the effort they expend in doing so would have written several letters to PPA direct.

One has to ask whether all of these individuals were genuinely motivated (in that they have actually suffered poor service) or for whatever reason are far more interested in simply discrediting PPA? Let's face it, there are plenty of PPC's who would be glad to see PPA losing business just for starters.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    the inclusion of their registered address in post #16 was intentional .
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 14 December 2016 at 3:58PM
    HO87 wrote: »
    . I remain amazed at the number of so-called complainants who seem to believe that running to this forum to bleat is both a reasonable and measured way of solving a simple problem when the effort they expend in doing so would have written several letters to PPA direct.

One has to ask whether all of these individuals were genuinely motivated (in that they have actually suffered poor service) or for whatever reason are far more interested in simply discrediting PPA? Let's face it, there are plenty of PPC's who would be glad to see PPA losing business just for starters.

When PPA launched most of their staff were also posters here and did what they could get away with to publicise their connection and advertise them by way of their sigs etc.

Thus many will think this is still the place to make contact when normal communications fail.

(and going public when a company ignores your complaints is a well known tactic to get responses.)

What their customers may not realise is none of their staff who post here (if any do) don't do so in any official capacity of their company
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure