IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

VCS/BW Legal - writing defence

Comments

• Also CM, is there any point me using BMPA? I read in another thread you are involved with it.... or should I just stick to this forum for advice?
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    ,,, elderly gentleman in the same carpark my car had a PCN slapped on it get one, ... but what chance has he got when he is about 80 years old?!

Sir, I find you comment somewhat ageist, I am not too far off becoming an octogenarian, but I would not fancy the charges of any PPC taking me to court. .

One more remark of that calibre and it is the naughty step for you my lad.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,613 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Also CM, is there any point me using BMPA? I read in another thread you are involved with it.... or should I just stick to this forum for advice?
    I think all the time you are getting enough help on the forums there would be no need to also approach the BMPA too. I am a founder member and am in regular touch with those contacts who respond to people who ask for help from the BMPA. We do sing from the same hymnsheet and the BMPA will generally point you in the same directions I am.

The BMPA is a fantastic resource with specific info that individual posters here might not keep in our heads about certain locations, and links to info or signs but normally you can find that by searching 'BMPA (and the location).'

But there is normally no need to ask for general advice if you are getting that here already as that would just be duplication of effort and time.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • So... when do I need to have my defence submitted by?

here are the details:-

A claim was issued against you on 11/01/2017
    Your acknowledgment of service was submitted on 13/01/2017
    Your acknowledgment of service was received on 16/01/2017

is it 28 days from the 16th?
  • I took more pictures today, one of the Network West Midlands sign at the entrance of the carpark (Network West Midlands were previously Centro) and it doesn't mention byelaws on it. Seeing that most of my defence hangs on byelaws... should i be worried? I have tried to google if byelaws cover that particular carpark but haven't found anything. I can't say whether that sign was there at the time of the alleged incident... or whether it has been changed since Centro became Network West Midlands.

Also.... is there anyway I can change the title of my thread? I want it to reflect that I am writing my defence in the hope that some additional people will help me out but I can't see any option to amend it. I seem to recall from reading other posts that starting a duplicate thread causes issues.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    only the LAND REGISTRY can really tell you who owns the land , but its normally the TOC if its railway land , and railway land is subject to byelaws

as for changing the thread title , go to post #1 , edit , advanced edit , change the tile and save - job done (simples)

as for the defence it has to be submitted by day 28 from when the paperwork shows the active date , so 28 days after the date of service (not the postal date)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Seeing that most of my defence hangs on byelaws... should i be worried?

Only the Secretary of State can amend Byelaws and they haven't been. They are currently using the argument that somehow if they ignore Byelaws they can switch to contract. So get them to prove the legal mechanism by which the Byelaws have been suspended.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 27 January 2017 at 2:11PM
    So... when do I need to have my defence submitted by?

here are the details:-

A claim was issued against you on 11/01/2017
    Your acknowledgment of service was submitted on 13/01/2017
    Your acknowledgment of service was received on 16/01/2017

is it 28 days from the 16th?
    No, count from 13th as they know you had the claim then, and DON'T leave it that late because a defence is best posted. Read bargepole's advice thread as linked in the NEWBIES thread under 'Small Claim?' where the relevant advice is collated to inform you what's needed to (almost certainly) see this off.
  • Hi Guys

I hope you can help; VCS issued a PCN in May 201, they claim I parked in a car park and not paid and displayed which I know I would never ever do. I requested them to proof I had not paid and dispayed requested on several occasions by emails for photographic evidence but never received anything. Last communication was back in September 2011, until last year when BW legal contacted me again I challenged them and they have written to me again on the 18/1/17. the evenet they refer to is over 5 years ago can they still pursue me after so much time as lapsed?

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Coupon-mad
    ferduse wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I hope you can help; VCS issued a PCN in May 201, they claim I parked in a car park and not paid and displayed which I know I would never ever do. I requested them to proof I had not paid and dispayed requested on several occasions by emails for photographic evidence but never received anything. Last communication was back in September 2011, until last year when BW legal contacted me again I challenged them and they have written to me again on the 18/1/17. the evenet they refer to is over 5 years ago can they still pursue me after so much time as lapsed?

Any help would be appreciated.

Please start your own thread as we can't have other people's threads used for other cases (all cases differ).

My signature below tells you where to click in the breadcrumb trail, top of page, to step back to page one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure