IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CCJ from Civil Enforcement Limited

Comments

• Court is sending the claim details to me via First class post - so hoping to get it by tomorrow.
  • bowcreek wrote: »
    The date of judgement on Experian report shows 16th Nov 2016. So did the county court helpdesk staff said. I take that in simple words mean the judgement was given on that date? Should I pay and check the trustonline website and extract a report to check if its the same date there too? I was hoping to have a chance to pay off before 16th Dec but your post is questioning that.
    Redx wrote: »
    in theory you can be "fined" up to £1000 by the DVLA for not changing the vehicle owners address so I suspect a judge may decide it is your own fault and not agree to the set aside

a set aside costs £255 if the judge allows it (possibly the same charge even if the judge does not allow it)

a judgement is on record usually after 28 days so it may well be that it is too late to discharge it and paying it can only show as "satisfied" , but remains for several years on the record

in other words the 16th november may well be 28 or 20 days AFTER the court case and judgment , so it may have been decided in october and the CCJ issued in November, a month later

I did mention your point to the advisor on phone today and they also said 16th Nov is the date the judgement came on register so you have one calendar month from then. I guess that is the only date one can refer to. It seems to be the judgement by default because I didn't get to respond to it.
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,685 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    bowcreek wrote: »
    my stupidity my car is still registered at that address (utterly stupid I agree).

That'd only be relevant if this alleged incident happened after you'd moved out, and even then they still sent paperwork to the wrong address without any checking or response, which should be sufficient for a set-aside.

I'd update the address with the DVLA (and your driving license) now anyway, just so you don't get caught out later with anything.

What's the precedent for paying to avoid the CCJ record and mitigate losses, and then starting your own MCOL against the parking company for your money back? Does that make sense as an approach?
  • bertiewhite
    bertiewhite Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    First Post
    Just to add to the DVLA element, I received a tax enforcement letter a while back because although I did send my V5 off on change of address, I didn't receive one back.

As the car was parked off road anyway, I thought nothing of it but as I hadn't declared SORN the DVLA still chased me for tax. Although I explained that I had never received a replacement V5 therefore I couldn't tax the vehicle OR declare SORN, they simply told me I should have chased it and it was my fault.
  • I'd know when I receive claim papers from court tomorrow or day after as to when did the event take place.

Yes by taking the 30 day window my priority is to get this off my records if can first. I am assuming when i pay online to CEL I'd get some confirmation which I can send to court to take it off the judgement register. Does someone know if even then court has to seek claimants' consent to remove it from judgement record and give me a clearance proof (what is it called?).

Would there be a separate process to get this cleared on credit file or would it get updated in sometime automatically as a result of judgement disappearing from register ?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    You can ask CEL to provide you a receipt, (provide a SAE if you do it by post). The court will assist you to get it removed from the register if all done in the time frame allowed. Send them the receipt and ask them to remove it
  • Quentin wrote: »
    You can ask CEL to provide you a receipt, (provide a SAE if you do it by post). The court will assist you to get it removed from the register if all done in the time frame allowed. Send them the receipt and ask them to remove it

What is SAE, sorry? And did you mean court will assist in removing this from judgement register or credit report as well?
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Do you know in whos/what car park the original parking ticket was picked up in?
    As well as all the above you should look at a very strong complaint to the landowner who took on CEL, possibly asking/demanding that they fund the set aside
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    bowcreek wrote: »
    What is SAE, sorry? And did you mean court will assist in removing this from judgement register or credit report as well?
    Stamped Addressed Envelope

Court will assist removing it from the register.

If you find anything wrong on a credit report about you then you can contact the report writer yourself to get it corrected
  • bowcreek
    bowcreek Posts: 55 Forumite
    edited 26 November 2016 at 12:59PM
    I've now received the claim particulars but it doesn't seem to have any details of what and when did I do or what is the whole thing about? How do I get that ? Concerned of losing time as well...

Also does it surely mean one calendar month I have is from 16th Nov? There are date from October on this paper as well and not sure what significance they carry to meet for paying within a month clause..

Going to post the letter in next post.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport