PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Looking for a new vacuum cleaner

Comments

• bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I have an air ram, great, use on carpets, Riga and wood floor. You can also get a hand held addition for stairs etc. Costly but works a treat.
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • I have just bought the Dyson Cinetic Ball upright and it is the best option if you have long haired dogs and cats I couldn't believe the hair picked up by it ,I am a Dyson fan had them for years and this new one really is the business
  • purpleivy
    purpleivy Posts: 3,573
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Miele very good!
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
    Trying not to waste food!:j
    ETA Philosophy is wondering whether a Bloody Mary counts as a Smoothie
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Miele picks up my hair from the carpets no bother
  • helcat26
    helcat26 Posts: 1,119
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Hated my dyson- the most I have ever paid for a vac and after a while the suction really dropped off despite cleaning filters.
  • Angry_Bear
    Angry_Bear Posts: 2,021
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Thanks all, that gives me somewhere to start :).
    I'll do a bit of research based on the suggestions and see what's around for Black Friday deals.
    Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?
    ― Sir Terry Pratchett, 1948-2015
  • Miele cat & dog keeps mine spotless.
  • My Dyson V6 is just right for my mix of wooden floors downstairs and small areas of carpet upstairs. My daughter had one first and I thought it was a huge extravagence until I used it, and was converted! Difficult to empty though and horrifying to see how much dust and fluff it picks up in just a few minutes of use. I still have an upright hoover and you would need this if you had a big expanse of carpet.
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    Mortgage and Debt Free. Unfortunately Pension Free too!
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,911
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I have the Gtech airram and love it, but you say you have long hair, I think that could end up getting wound round the rollers and need pulling out, so I'd avoid it in your circumstances.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• You sucker!
    No, go for a Dyson Animal. Current BoPse whips around with one, it is purrfectvif you gave a cat!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback